I was banded yesterday!

Hi everyone,

I am at home now, I was banded the day before yesterday in Melbourne Australia where I live.

I got home yesterday night and have been taking oxynorm and panadols and the pain is not too great for me. I have pain a the port for sure, and now my next and throat are sore and the glands are up there and under my arms.

I am drinking which is good, bits at a time. But i cant get up very easily without hubbys help.

Have to admit i can do tiny baby burps which are a little relief but doing as many as i would like and as for the 'farts' well one or two an unladylike relief i must say.. who caes if im a lady or not ;) So long the pain is going away.

I have 4 holes one under each breast one in the middle and one to my lower left where the port is. Is that all normal? I cant sit right up it hurts too much.

I am in bed and hubby is looking after me. I feel flemmy on my lungs but i cant cough..

Anyway its done now regrets or not soon ill be that butterfly instead of the fat wormy :)

xoxoxo

Thanks so much everyone :D

I was nervous and still have some hangups about having it done only because its sort of dramatic for me but still we all get nerves and the jitters so i guess thats normal.

I am on fluids and hubby is making me veggie broths strained, optifasts, home made juices and a lot of rest in bed and on the couch. I walked to the end of the street and back yesterday I am proud.

But the gas.. pains are annoying they are so hard to erm..push out lol! I have lactulose for constipation not that I am constipated as i have not as such eaten fods so much as drank them..?

Can I ask how many holes you all have from the op? I have lots ofpics they are a little too gory for here as they are post op but when the bandages come off i will maybe take a cleaner looking photo for you to see.

I feel like i have to hold the are when I try to walk, its tender and when i phoned my mum she said i always have been a little bit of a 'emotional' sick person.. (when i am unwell etc) lol!

I have a few questions for you girls that was how many holes did you receive? I have 4 and whats somthing really super for protein thats really liquid? I cant drink eggs so much. I might go scavage through some threads seeing its 4am and i cant sleep :rolleyes: Did you girls and guys have problems coughing? It hurts me.

In the end the surgeons took 1 photo of my yummy and band.. with their micro camera its so cool! I will post that later on for sure!

I am subscribing to skinny clothes websites like sports girl now and all those :)

Congrats sounds like you are doing great! I would have to look, but I have either 4 or 5 incisions. All are small and then one larger one. Sounds like your pain is minimal which is good. Let your hubby take care of you and be sure and get lots of rest, but also walk as much as you can. Listen to your body and if you start getting tired or sore then rest. Drink lots of liquids and get your rest!

Congrats and welcome to the other side!!!

Thanks so much.

Its been one week and one day now. I am able to roll over slightly onto my side now to sleep with a pillow for support thats good but i wake up very stiff and sore in that tummy area. I have to get hubby to help me up in the mornings but the rest of the day i can get up alone. I cant and wont bend over because im not meant to and plus that kills .. i did it accidently and i almost died of pain! When does that stop?

Just a daft question if i wanted to be a super fit poledancer *lalalala* would i ever be able to use my abs without feeling pain again?

I have found ive been getting somthing like a huger pain where when i drink or have soup it goes away... but its not the same as a normal hunger pain its a really BAD evil hunger type pain? Anyone else that can relate?

Im not hugry though as such.... <--- blonde

Anyway. i took my bandages off.. (some) the smaller ones, and i had a crying moment when i realised my scars where perminant and so ugly. I put a drop of vitamin e on them and put bandaids over them... i dont want to face them, i dont think i could if i wanted to yet. First i want this pain to stop.

The large incision where the port is has stitches how long are they meant to stay in? I do not remember and the girls at the drs office said they *THINK* they are disolvable... lol! ANyway err um.. When do you all think they should comout?

I have an appt on the 7th march for my 1st lap band check to see if its all ok and perfect! Then a week after that a fill appointment... dam they move fast i thought there was a wait of at least a few months before a fill to allow for healing and so on!

WOW! Hey are there any AUssies here that may have used the same surgeon as me in Melbourne?

Thanks for all yur support, i DO REALLY NEED and appreciate it.

I list 2 kilos :)

My stitches were dissolvable. The nurse did cut off the ends that were sticking out at my first or second visit . These were where the knots had been tied.

As for the Vitamin E oil, I also used that, but I am kind of concerned that you have used it so soon. Maybe you should wait a couple of weeks until the incisions have had a chance to heal some. I know that I couldn't get my incisions wet for a while after the surgery either. I would at least wait until after your March 7th appointment and ask the doctor then.

Your tummy will look pretty bad for a couple of weeks, but it does get better. And yes, you will be able to use your abs again without feeling pain. As for the pole dancing part, lummm - let us know how that goes. :unsure:

My port incision is not completely flat, nor do I think it will be and it is a medium pink in color. It will probably be gone after my tummy tuck so no worries there. The next longest two are 1 to 1.5 inches. One healed flat and white in about 6 months time. I have to look hard to find it. The second one is mostly flat and white, but visible. There is a tiny section in the middle of it that has a bump, which is weird. The other two are the shortest ones at less than 1/2 and inch. They are both pink and bumpy. Not sure if they will go down any further as they are very similar to the ones on my shoulder from 2 and a 1/2 years ago. Funny how the smaller ones are the ones that stay bumpy. I would like to say it might be because they had a rougher time with the stitches, but the ones on my shoulder had no stiches, just tape.

Keep your shirt down for now and stay away from the mirror and you will be fine. Before long your clothes will be looser and you will be elated that you made this decision.

Hi everyone,

I am at home now, I was banded the day before yesterday in Melbourne Australia where I live.

I got home yesterday night and have been taking oxynorm and panadols and the pain is not too great for me. I have pain a the port for sure, and now my next and throat are sore and the glands are up there and under my arms.

I am drinking which is good, bits at a time. But i cant get up very easily without hubbys help.

Have to admit i can do tiny baby burps which are a little relief but doing as many as i would like and as for the 'farts' well one or two an unladylike relief i must say.. who caes if im a lady or not ;) So long the pain is going away.

I have 4 holes one under each breast one in the middle and one to my lower left where the port is. Is that all normal? I cant sit right up it hurts too much.

I am in bed and hubby is looking after me. I feel flemmy on my lungs but i cant cough..

Anyway its done now regrets or not soon ill be that butterfly instead of the fat wormy :)

xoxoxo

So happy for you! You will do great! :o)