Booked with Dr. Ortiz, very worried about travel

shady

Hi there from Toronto, Canada

I am scheduled for a surgery with Dr. Ortiz on 26th Feb 09. I gave up smoking today, till the surgery and am on liquid diet.

Now I want to know how do i fly from toronto directly to tjuana? is there a direct flight? does tjuana have an international or domestic airport?

If i fly into another city in mexico direct and then change planes to go to tjuan that is also acceptable.

Some one please help me. Flights from toronto to sandiego are very very long, and the times are super odd, and require changing of plane.s

Thanks

hi shady,

congrats on booking you surgery and on quitting smoking...

i'm from vancouver, and my surgery is on monday. i'm flying out of seattle (cheaper than vancity) and managed to get direct flight down. your best bet is to fly into san diego as it is only 10 miles away from tijuana. i'm not sure about tijuana, but from what i gather most people fly in to SD as it's an international airport and easily accessible to TJ. since you're flying from T.O. across the continent most flights will be at least 5-6 hrs. from past experience i know that flying in the US is very difficult to do without a stopover unlike canada. have you considered flying out of buffalo or another us city close by? you might get a better flight from there.

I am scheduled for a surgery with Dr. Ortiz on 26th Feb 09. I gave up smoking today, till the surgery and am on liquid diet.

Now I want to know how do i fly from toronto directly to tjuana? is there a direct flight? does tjuana have an international or domestic airport?

If i fly into another city in mexico direct and then change planes to go to tjuan that is also acceptable.

Some one please help me. Flights from toronto to sandiego are very very long, and the times are super odd, and require changing of plane.s

Thanks

Your best bet is to fly into San Diego. The OCC has their own shuttle and driver. It's very safe. Just email your cordinator or the OCC with your flight info and they will be there to pick you up at the airport and wisk you away to either the OCC or the hotel,, that depends on the time of day you arrive. After you have had surgery and spent the next day relaxing, they take you back to the San Diego airport and your flying back home. Nothing to it.

Thank You guys, any web site where i can book this? and which is a better airlines

US AIRWAYS

AIR CANADA

UNITED

NORTHWEST

You can always try www.orbitz.com or go directly to the airline website. It might be a little cheaper if you go to the airline site. An example would be,, Northwest,, www.nwa.com, etc.

I always fly Southwest,, they don't charge for luggage. I love them. But, they don't do Canada. Too bad.

Thanks

Hi

I'm flying from Alberta next month and had a choice of changeovers varying from Seattle, Colorado, Vegas and somewhere else then into San Diego where I'll get collected by someone from the Dr Ortiz's place.

I'm on all liquid at the moment, I'll be introducing a lean cusine meal besides two shakes the week I'm going to travel. Hows your pre op going?

Hope this helps?

Julie

babe,

Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

those of you who do not have a U.S passport, or U.S citizenship, preferably canadian, did you guys have any problems going back from mexico to sandiego, U.S for your flight? i have heard there are huge lines, i am getting a flight at 6:30 am out of sandiego.

Julie,

The preop diet is going good, that is no a problem right now, however i can't smoke and being a chain smoker this is the most difficult thing, my head is spining, i cant eat, cant smoke so its getting very very difficult.

Thanks

Dont worry so much guys - i did before but have gone twice and its easier than you think. I am in Alberta and was just there last weekend and am going back in three weeks.

I book through expedia.ca - just book so that your flight gets into San Diego at a decent time in the day and the OCC van will pick you up. Then have your flight home for later morning or early afternoon (makes it easier on us canadians). The lines arent that bad at the border because we get to bypass a lot of it ;)

Dont worry so much guys - i did before but have gone twice and its easier than you think. I am in Alberta and was just there last weekend and am going back in three weeks.

I book through expedia.ca - just book so that your flight gets into San Diego at a decent time in the day and the OCC van will pick you up. Then have your flight home for later morning or early afternoon (makes it easier on us canadians). The lines arent that bad at the border because we get to bypass a lot of it ;)

I hope we're not caught in a line up - even though I'm a canadian resident I'm a uk citizen.

Hope you dont mind me asking but why are u going back in 3 weeks?