Fat Burners

Hey everyone

I know the band helps with appetite and hunger control but has anyone taken any fat burners to help? When I was all about working out years ago, I took tons of supplements (fish oil, CLA, Vitamins, Lipo 6, etc) and I know it does help. I called the OCC and asked if I could take them now, and they said yes as long as the pills were small, if not to crush them.

I looked at some tonight and the only thing that worries me and I have no idea why - is that most are time-released now. Are we ok to take time released stuff? Most of these you take before you eat so it should be washed through your pouch anyway with water...

Just curious if anyone took any, I was looking at Lipo-6 for HER tonight. I know CLA (which is natural) works well, but it takes forever to see a difference, you have to take it everyday for like 6-9 months and you usually lose about an additional 3% of fat than you would have without it so its not drastic but it helps.

Thanks!

Christy

I know the band helps with appetite and hunger control but has anyone taken any fat burners to help?

Thanks!Christy

Hi Christy...funny thing you should ask about these. I've started taking them about a week ago to see if it would make a difference for me. I am taking the sample fat burners I received when I ordered the Dual-Action Cleanse program, and I am using both of these products at the same time. The fat burners I am taking is about 3/4" size gel caps, which I have no problem swallowing.

Jazzy- Cool! Let me know how it goes. It will probably be 30 days before you notice a difference but its worth it if it works right? :)
Well, I've used it already for a week or so and I am telling you, both works ~ gentle and yet effective! I don't have ANY bloatness, have a BM every day (sometimes twice) and I've noticed more energy. I sleep real good. I'll wait out the rest of the 30 day process and let you know...

JazzyJude, I would be very interested in hearing if they actually work for you. I have never taken anything like fat burners, things like that scare me..lol, but if it gives you more energy, I am all for it. Keep us updated :)

Well, I've used it already for a week or so and I am telling you, both works ~ gentle and yet effective! I don't have ANY bloatness, have a BM every day (sometimes twice) and I've noticed more energy. I sleep real good. I'll wait out the rest of the 30 day process and let you know...

Hi Jazzy,

What kind of fat burners are they? Can I have the whole name? You got them at Walmart? Do they cause that crazy pooping that some fat burners cause? I'm very afraid of that happening in a public place. :) I'm really interested in trying some, but don't know which ones to get.

Thank you!

Hi...

Fat burners are typically meant to increase the metabolism and contain mainly chromium and caffiene along with other herbs.

These are harmless to both the bandster and non-bandster if and only if you can tolerate the effects of the caffiene.

The one that makes you poop in public (and believe me, I know first hand) are Xenical (Orlisat)...these work by encapsulating the fat and excreting in the bowel movement, thus the "poopage" :) These do not affect the metabolism.

Hope this helps sort out the difference.

As far the time released.....just be sure its a capsule...and you only open it, don't crush it. If its a tablet and you crush it you destroy the time release function and could absorb it all at once.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi Jazzy,

What kind of fat burners are they? Can I have the whole name? You got them at Walmart? Do they cause that crazy pooping that some fat burners cause? I'm very afraid of that happening in a public place. :) I'm really interested in trying some, but don't know which ones to get.

Thank you!

Hi...

Fat burners are typically meant to increase the metabolism and contain mainly chromium and caffiene along with other herbs.

These are harmless to both the bandster and non-bandster if and only if you can tolerate the effects of the caffiene.

The one that makes you poop in public (and believe me, I know first hand) are Xenical (Orlisat)...these work by encapsulating the fat and excreting in the bowel movement, thus the "poopage" smile.gif These do not affect the metabolism.

Hope this helps sort out the difference.

As far the time released.....just be sure its a capsule...and you only open it, don't crush it. If its a tablet and you crush it you destroy the time release function and could absorb it all at once.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Thanks for the explanation. JazzyJude, if you can tell me, as well, what kind you are taking, and where you got it. I might have to try these out. :)

Has anyone here tried the energy drink called Celsius? The stuff tastes delicious--the sparkling cola tastes like a diet coke. It is supposed to increase your metabolic rate by 12%. I drank a bit of this around the holidays as a way to keep the energy level up to get everything done. Here is a link to their website.

https://www.celsius.com/2-0_CelsiusStory.htm

It is available on Amazon. There is also a store locator at the website. I got mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.

One thing I found was that if I drank a whole one too late in the day (like after 4pm), I found it hard to relax and get to sleep that evening. If I took it before 2, no problem.

Diana

Angela and Ckiki ~ I will have to look up the actual name of the fat burner, as they were INCLUDED with the Dual-Action Cleanse box I purchased. It was a package deal together. The whole thing cost me like $36 for 30 days. I am going back to WalMart and get another box or two, as the fat burners were free.

Like CindyLou says, it's geared towards the metabolism and the light caffeine/energy the fat burners gives. I will check the name and report back.

Angela and Ckiki ~ I will have to look up the actual name of the fat burner, as they were INCLUDED with the Dual-Action Cleanse box I purchased. It was a package deal together. The whole thing cost me like $36 for 30 days. I am going back to WalMart and get another box or two, as the fat burners were free.

OK...there is actually no name on the box, but found out the website who makes these "Green Tea Fat Burner" liquid soft~gel caps I have. Again, it was included inside the Dual-Action Cleanse I purchased at WalMart. It contains EGCG, which clinically researched to help burn calories and it's new with "2x Boost".

Here is the website were you can purchase (3)-30 day supply for $38 (includes shipping and taxes, etc).

http://www.appliednutrition.com/greentea.htm

Hope this helps...

OK...there is actually no name on the box, but found out the website who makes these "Green Tea Fat Burner" liquid soft~gel caps I have. Again, it was included inside the Dual-Action Cleanse I purchased at WalMart. It contains EGCG, which clinically researched to help burn calories and it's new with "2x Boost".

Here is the website were you can purchase (3)-30 day supply for $38 (includes shipping and taxes, etc).

http://www.appliednutrition.com/greentea.htm

Hope this helps...

Thank you so much! I'm going to pick some up after my fill tomorrow. :)

Awesome. Thanks so much. I always see these green tea fat burners, but I thought they don't really work. I am glad to know they worked for you, and hopefully they will work for me :)

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone had taken Garden Greens acaicleanser it a 48 hour acai berry detox

this is what it supposly does:

Flush The Fat

Detoxify

Reduce Bloat & Water Weight

Helps Restore Metabolism

Lemon - Honey - Cayenne

Iam going today to buy this and try it out I'm also going to get lipo 6 hers because iam really

struggling with the pre-op diet I lose then a gain and lose again its just a big roller coaster and very frustrating.

So I started taking these yesterday and I am telling you that I have already been able to tell a difference..... I can't wait for the long term effects. And even though they are large I haven't had any trouble taking them either, but they did scare me at first.

Thanks for the info Jazzy Jude

shy

So I started taking these yesterday and I am telling you that I have already been able to tell a difference..... I can't wait for the long term effects. And even though they are large I haven't had any trouble taking them either, but they did scare me at first.

Thanks for the info Jazzy Jude

shy

That's great Shy! Let us know how you do at the end of your 30 days.

TIP: I use this rule of thumb on pills or capsules: If the length of the pill/capsule is bigger than a water bottle opening, then do not take it.

I've taken my Iceland Health Omega-3 Fish Oil pill every day. THIS gel-filled pill, to me, is huge! It's the full length of the water bottle opening and I can swallow it and it doesn't lodge anywhere down my throat. Also, I make sure to take these size pills/capsules at least an hour before I eat, for I don't want to risk of it still being in my new pouch and the foods to stack on top of it. Just a suggestion...

That's great Shy! Let us know how you do at the end of your 30 days.

TIP: I use this rule of thumb on pills or capsules: If the length of the pill/capsule is bigger than a water bottle opening, then do not take it.

I've taken my Iceland Health Omega-3 Fish Oil pill every day. THIS gel-filled pill, to me, is huge! It's the full length of the water bottle opening and I can swallow it and it doesn't lodge anywhere down my throat. Also, I make sure to take these size pills/capsules at least an hour before I eat, for I don't want to risk of it still being in my new pouch and the foods to stack on top of it. Just a suggestion...

I started the green tea fat burners today as well. So, I went looking for them yesterday at Albertson's and RiteAid and they didn't have them. RiteAid had the Lipo-6? I bought them at $40 a bottle and took them yesterday and felt really weird all day and they burned my esophagus for about 20 minutes after taking. It was all very strange and I was mad that I'd paid $40--so today, I found the Green Tea ones at CVS and took two--and had a great super sweaty work-out. And they made me feel a little more awake. And they were only $15! I hope they can help kick start this plateau I've been on for 2 months! Thanks for the recommendation Jude! :)

I looked for some at CVS and they didn't have any. I will try Walmart first, before I buy a bottle of 200 to make sure they work. I appreciate all your input on these, I really need the extra energy boost, so I hope they work well for me.

I bought mine at Walmart (90 pills for $15. Then I went to Costco and they had a bottle with 200 pills for $20. Go Costco.... On another note, I have been having regular BM's since starting these.... Sorry touchy subject.

shy

I'm going to Costco baby! I have BM troubles, as well so, hopefully they'll help that for me, too. Even with all of the water...

I bought mine at Walmart (90 pills for $15. Then I went to Costco and they had a bottle with 200 pills for $20. Go Costco.... On another note, I have been having regular BM's since starting these.... Sorry touchy subject.

shy

Shy ~ did you buy just the Green Tea Fat Burner pills for $15 at WalMart? Because, when I purchased the Dual-Action Cleanse box, it came with the 30-day supply to go with the program for the 'roto rooter' issue. I paid $36 for the both. Between the cleansing and the fat burner, it is working together beautiful and I have NO side effects, other than having more energy, sleeping great, no deep craving of foods, and my skin seems more moist, if you know what I mean...the more I exercise and sweat, the more I drink water, the better my skin (actually, overall body-wise) glows and feels healthier.

So, for me, this is a good thing and if it helps you all...all the better! Again, I have an issue with taste/texture of drinks and if it's awful tasting or gritty, etc, I won't drink it. Now the cleansing/purifying pills have a real nice "sweet-nature outdoorsy" smell that is pleasant tasting and I have no problem taking them with hot cocoa, OJ, Crystal Light, milk, or whatever. The fat burner gel pills have no smell at all.

Ok, how many times a day are you taking these Green Tea Capsules?? I just bought a huge bottle at Wally World for $9. I took 2 this morning

I like to know that as well. I just bought some at Walmart (just the fat burners) and wanted to see if you guys follow the recommended dosage. I know everyone is different on how they handle things like this, but I just don't know about taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon...these things are huge..lol