Had my first fill today at the OCC

Dr. So did my fill, he remembered me, and said that he could tell in my face that I have lost weight...I thought that was nice :) When the needle was put in, there was just a little pinch, no big deal, it definitely felt weird when the needle was pushed through the port, though. It kind of hurt when he sat me up, with the needle sticking out, I think because I had jeans on, and so my stomach fat was being squeezed..lol. It was really neat to see the port and the band on the screen, and he reassured me that everything looked great. My daughter got to go in the room and stand behind a door with a little window so she could see everything. She thought the whole process was awesome, but her opinion on TJ is another story..lol.

So I ended up with 3 cc's. Is that considered alot? I have the VG band which can hold 10 cc's, so maybe it's not. He said the soonest I can get another fill would be 10 weeks, although I probably wouldn't need one for 3 months. I was surprised to hear that, considering it seems everyone goes back at 4 weeks for their second.

Anyway, overall a pretty good experience. The only complaint I have about the OCC is, they called me yesterday telling me the driver couldn't pick me up until 9 am, instead of 8:30, so I left a little later and ran into traffic, and got there late, and couldn't be picked up until 9:30 am. The same thing happened when I went for my surgery they called me to see if I could be picked up later, kind of irritating. Also, we had to wait over an hour after my fill for the driver to take us back to the border, making us really late for Wild Animal Park, and was only able to stay a few hours there. :( Oh, and when we got to the border, I was grilled about why I came to Mexico, and who my daughter is, he kept looking at her suspiciously, because she has darker skin, hair and eyes then me. Very irritating. And my windshield was cracked when I got back to Border Parking..ughh!

Question, did anyone have problems burping after their first fill? All day I have had to burp (like those first few days after surgery) and it won't come out, and I just feel real gassy and bloated. If I could just burp, I know it would feel so wonderful..lol

I didnt have problems burping - know thats not what you want to hear!

I have the 4 cc band and got 2 cc on my first fill - he said Id probably need another in 4 weeks...its been two weeks today and I definately dont need one yet - I am on solids again due to some lovely pb sessions

I had the same thing happen with the van. First they didnt even know if it would be available to pick me up - I had to call in the morning to see if it was available. Then - all our fill appointments were an hour and a half late...I was supposed to have my teeth whitened that day - but because the fills took so long they didnt have time to do my teeth.. Then I ended up waiting over an hour for the van - and it still wasnt there - but my friend who lives in TJ and was getting her fill just gave me a ride back to the hotel cuz I was sick of waiting. I was a little grouchy. Besides that they were great though ;)

Congrats on your fill! I got mine today... I got 2.25cc. It was definitely a weird feeling having the needle in there. I had mine done at Fill Centers USA in Georgia and I was standing up during it! I dont think I have ever had a shot standing before lol

How long are you supposed to be on liquids? Its weird I was starving before the fill (1pm) and around an hour after it - it kinda went away like it was right after surgery.

Congrats on your fill! I got mine today... I got 2.25cc. It was definitely a weird feeling having the needle in there. I had mine done at Fill Centers USA in Georgia and I was standing up during it! I dont think I have ever had a shot standing before lol

How long are you supposed to be on liquids? Its weird I was starving before the fill (1pm) and around an hour after it - it kinda went away like it was right after surgery.

Congrats Christy!! I am on liquids for 3 days, so Monday I get eat solids again. What about you?

liquids for 48 hours and soft foods on the 3rd day. I have a burise from where the needle went in. lol

Ohhh I am jealous..lol. I have been craving so much these past few days..TOM doesn't help it..lol. I can't wait to eat tomorrow, however, I am nervous, because I don't want to have a PBing episode..it frightens me!

Good luck to both of you! Let us know how it goes once you are on solids!

Thanks jhawkchick75 :)

I go for my first fill on Monday the 2nd of March at the OCC. How much weight did you lose from surgery to your first fill?

I lost 7 lbs on pre-op diet and 18 lbs from surgery to first fill. Dr. So said that was very good, he said the average is 10 to 20 lbs :)

Good luck to you on your first fill. It's such a simple process :)

Hey Ladies!

I am glad your fills went well! I am actually not sure how much I got, I think it was about 2 cc into my 4cc band. I am on solids again now and have had an interesting weekend with them. I definitely am eating a lot less before I am full, not quite a 1/3 of what I was eating before. I am not hungry between meals, so far I have really only eaten because I knew I needed to. The only bummer is that I am still able to eat all the gluten-y foods like breads. I haven't gotten anything stuck yet thank god but I do get a bad side ache if I eat too much.

Anyways, I was told that I could go back for another full cc in 2 weeks but I am thinking that since I do eat a lot less and I am not hungry that I will probably just get a 1/2 cc because I am scared to know what being too full is like!

Good luck to everyone on this next step! I was excited this morning when I got on the scale and I was on the downward slope again, only a pound but hopefully it will be continuously down now!

Take care!

Hey Ladies!

I am glad your fills went well! I am actually not sure how much I got, I think it was about 2 cc into my 4cc band. I am on solids again now and have had an interesting weekend with them. I definitely am eating a lot less before I am full, not quite a 1/3 of what I was eating before. I am not hungry between meals, so far I have really only eaten because I knew I needed to. The only bummer is that I am still able to eat all the gluten-y foods like breads. I haven't gotten anything stuck yet thank god but I do get a bad side ache if I eat too much.

Anyways, I was told that I could go back for another full cc in 2 weeks but I am thinking that since I do eat a lot less and I am not hungry that I will probably just get a 1/2 cc because I am scared to know what being too full is like!

Good luck to everyone on this next step! I was excited this morning when I got on the scale and I was on the downward slope again, only a pound but hopefully it will be continuously down now!

Take care!

Good luck ladies! You will all be fine. Just listen to your body and don't compare. Don't focus too hard on the food. Plan your meals accordingly and know the basic food eating habits and start your day. Make it simple for yourself and don't forget to exercise too! Add up your calories and proteins and away you go!

I just had an unfill on Friday with Dr. So and I had many many problems with burping, gas, etc.

When does it happen - when you drink, sip soup, or eat? I could give you my remedy - but I know it's not recommended - email me and I'll tell you and let you decide.

But if this goes on for more than a couple days, please call Dr. So. Since my 2nd fill I've been a regular burper. He explained the whole thing to me as we could see the air pocket in my pouch when I drank the barium. You're just a day out from your fill....so give it a couple days and see what happens. It may subside and go away. I was burpy the first day after my unfill, and then it went away. Dr. So is always available to talk to and I would encourage you call him if it lasts for more than a couple days!

I am able to burp now, so that's a good thing..I guess..lol.

First day on solids went really well. I had a scrambled egg for breakfast at 5:30 am and it lasted me all the way until lunch at 11:30. THIS makes me so happy, considering I always got hungry around 8 and 9 am. Lunch of salad with shredded turkey, a handful of baked tostitos and salsa made me very satisfied. I haven't been hungry all day, and I LOVE it. I REALLY hope this continues!!