Share "Sweet Spot" numbers?

I wondered if everyone would be willing to share their "Sweet Spot" number. (Be sure to say whether you have a 4cc or 11cc band).

I currently have 5 cc in an 11cc band, and am not at my sweet spot. I am not feeling restriction.

I have had 2 fills. The provider used flouro, but no barium. I think she was inexperienced, because I have an 11cc band and she wanted to give me .25cc for my first fill!!!! I was extremely irritated because I had paid $450 already for my first Fill Centers USA visit ($350 initial fee, $100 for flouro). She did go ahead and give me 2ccs because I was irritated about it. Then I went back to her 2 weeks later and got another 3cc, for a total of 5cc. But I already know that I need another fill. I am debating on going back to her or traveling to Roswell, GA where they use the barium and have decent reviews as opposed to no reviews at all. I have been reading tons of posts, and it seems to me that a lot of people on here have right around 8cc in an 11cc band, for good restriction. I do realize that each person's "sweet spot" will vary. I have been losing about 1 lb a week, but can eat 2/3 of what I used to eat and I want to cut that to 1/3 of what I used to eat. I have been exercising on an elliptical for 30 minutes a day as well, and doing weights on my legs and arms too. (Can't do abs, not 3 months post op yet).

I wondered if everyone would be willing to share their "Sweet Spot" number. (Be sure to say whether you have a 4cc or 11cc band).

I have had 2 fills. The provider used flouro, but no barium. I think she was inexperienced, because I have an 11cc band and she wanted to give me .25cc for my first fill!!!! I was extremely irritated because I had paid $450 already for my first Fill Centers USA visit ($350 initial fee, $100 for flouro). She did go ahead and give me 2ccs because I was irritated about it. Then I went back to her 2 weeks later and got another 3cc, for a total of 5cc. But I already know that I need another fill. I am debating on going back to her or traveling to Roswell, GA where they use the barium and have decent reviews as opposed to no reviews at all. I have been reading tons of posts, and it seems to me that a lot of people on here have right around 8cc in an 11cc band, for good restriction. I have been losing about 1 lb a week, but can eat 2/3 of what I used to eat and I want to cut that to 1/3 of what I used to eat. I have been exercising on an elliptical for 30 minutes a day as well, and doing weights on my legs and arms too. (Can't do abs yet, not 3 months post op yet).

my sweet spot is 2.0cc's to 2.2cc's in a 4cc Inamed band. Half of my fills were done at the OCC and half by a WLS surgeon in Chicago. I had restriction from the beginning, my first year I had maybe 4 adjustments. They were all small amounts, like a half of a cc. From my experiance of dealing with lap band patients that had the surgery done here in my home area. Most had blind fills and it took 6 or more adjustments before they had restriction. I ended up not going to any more local support group meetings because of this. I drove me nuts seeing patients complain about paying for the band and the doctors dragging their feet in giving them restriction. When they could have given them restriction from the first or second fill by using the fluoroscope.

Hands down,, your going to get a better fill at the OCC clinic.

Also it would be great if you could say where your fills were done. Or just OCC or not OCC. I am betting that those who go to OCC have fewer fills than those who go elsewhere. I want to go back to OCC for a fill!!!

I just had my first fill Saturday 6/12/10. I went to Roswell GA with fill centers usa. I have the 11cc band and was banded 4/15/10. Before my fill, I didnt really fill any different than I did before I had the surgery. I hadn't lost any weight since the liquid phase adn was kind of feeling like "is this thing going to work".

I must say the guy at the center who discusses nutrition and operates the fluroscope was very nice & knowledgeable. His name was Evan. There is a doctor that accessed the port. He was an older man, and didn't say to much. He didn't hurt when he accessed my port. There is a nurse practitioner that also does the fills there and some of the other patient's said they had been filled by her at previous appts. They said she done a good job. I guess they swap out. They are only there 2 times a month on saturdays. ( I cant see what I am typing so forgive any typos)

At first, I thought I would get about 5cc'c, and Evan had told the doc to draw up a little more than 5cc'c since I had an 11cc band. I drank the barium and I was wide open. He put the 5 in, and I drank more but it was still pretty fast. he then had him pput in 7cc's. He had to draw up more saline and change the syringe out because he had air in the first one and didnt draw up more than 5cc'c. I thought was a little silly ( I am a nurse). My thinking was he should have noit left air in it to start with, but no big deal. I ended up with 7cc's and I could defin. feel restriction. I had drank to much barium.. be sure you only drink sips.. and made myself a lil nauseas. i drank some water and everything felt ok. I went to eat something before I headed back home and tolerated it fine. I did eat some ice cream a little later and had some discomfort. I got over it and have been ok since I just have to take things slow and I noticed this morning I felt restricted when I got up, so I drank some coffee and later tried part of a bagel. I had to eat small bites, but I was fine. I just didnt eat the whole thing. In fact, I didnt have to have much at lunch either. I drank some Iced coffee a little while ago and I dont feel hungry. I am very pleased with my fill from Roswell Ga and have already lost 2 lbs. I hope this helps. It's funny you ask so soon after my experience with the fill from the same location you are interested in and we have the same band.

I just had my first fill Saturday 6/12/10. I went to Roswell GA with fill centers usa. I have the 11cc band and was banded 4/15/10. Before my fill, I didnt really fill any different than I did before I had the surgery. I hadn't lost any weight since the liquid phase adn was kind of feeling like "is this thing going to work".

I must say the guy at the center who discusses nutrition and operates the fluroscope was very nice & knowledgeable. His name was Evan. There is a doctor that accessed the port. He was an older man, and didn't say to much. He didn't hurt when he accessed my port. There is a nurse practitioner that also does the fills there and some of the other patient's said they had been filled by her at previous appts. They said she done a good job. I guess they swap out. They are only there 2 times a month on saturdays. ( I cant see what I am typing so forgive any typos)

At first, I thought I would get about 5cc'c, and Evan had told the doc to draw up a little more than 5cc'c since I had an 11cc band. I drank the barium and I was wide open. He put the 5 in, and I drank more but it was still pretty fast. he then had him pput in 7cc's. He had to draw up more saline and change the syringe out because he had air in the first one and didnt draw up more than 5cc'c. I thought was a little silly ( I am a nurse). My thinking was he should have noit left air in it to start with, but no big deal. I ended up with 7cc's and I could defin. feel restriction. I had drank to much barium.. be sure you only drink sips.. and made myself a lil nauseas. i drank some water and everything felt ok. I went to eat something before I headed back home and tolerated it fine. I did eat some ice cream a little later and had some discomfort. I got over it and have been ok since I just have to take things slow and I noticed this morning I felt restricted when I got up, so I drank some coffee and later tried part of a bagel. I had to eat small bites, but I was fine. I just didnt eat the whole thing. In fact, I didnt have to have much at lunch either. I drank some Iced coffee a little while ago and I dont feel hungry. I am very pleased with my fill from Roswell Ga and have already lost 2 lbs. I hope this helps. It's funny you ask so soon after my experience with the fill from the same location you are interested in and we have the same band.

My goodness at the typos...I was just rambling on and on.....

When I was at 3.2 in a 4 cc band I was perfect until my brother was in a car accident. Long story short I lived at the hospital for the most part for almost 3 weeks and I was so stressed I was getting sick on everything. Had an unfill and am now back to 3.0 and feeling pretty good. Tempted to get just a slight tweek to get back to 3.2 but just don't have the money right now. Not sure if I should b/c some days I can eat anything in sight and some days i'm perfect or almost too tight. So for now i'm staying where I am. Haven't been making the best food choices so before i'll let myself get a fill i'm gonna work on eating better and working out first.

I got a 3rd fill yesterday. I am at 8cc in an 11 cc band now. I can definitely feel the restriction now and wonder if I have too much. It feels funny when I drink something. Like it stays in my throat for a minute. I did eat a little this afternoon and I got full after about 2/3 cup of food. Eating isn't a problem, but drinking does feel funny, so I am worried if I have too much fill. I want to wait it out a few days and see what happens.

So hey,

When do you feel the liquid thing? Early in the AM? with cold drinks? At my last fill I felt this in the office and we talked about the AM and cold liquid tightening up the band....so almost a week to the day I have the same feelings you describe but only in the AM or with ice/cold drinks, and it just seems to take a bit longer to get through the "funnel" other than that I am fine....so I'm thinking its ok..for myself.

So hey,

When do you feel the liquid thing? Early in the AM? with cold drinks? At my last fill I felt this in the office and we talked about the AM and cold liquid tightening up the band....so almost a week to the day I have the same feelings you describe but only in the AM or with ice/cold drinks, and it just seems to take a bit longer to get through the "funnel" other than that I am fine....so I'm thinking its ok..for myself.

I do tend to feel the tightness in my throat with a cold drink. I have noticed that I can drink a hot drink and it feels normal. So far it feels that way all the time, not just in the morning. I also did notice that when I was working outside and it was really hot, the cold drink went down easier. I am thinking I might keep the fill level, but it does feel weird in my throat.

• 1 month later...

I have 4cc in 11 band and i am RESTRICTED !

I have 8 ccs in a 11 cc band. 2 fills both done at the OCC and I have restriction. I ate real food afte rmy fill and the Dr.then waited 10 min after the fill and looked under floro again to make sure everything went down. OCC is awesome!! They really know what they are doing!

I have 8 ccs in a 11 cc band. 2 fills both done at the OCC and I have restriction. I ate real food afte rmy fill and the Dr.then waited 10 min after the fill and looked under floro again to make sure everything went down. OCC is awesome!! They really know what they are doing!

I am going to travel to OCC for my fills even though I am close to the Univ of Nebraska Med Center and they do fills under flouro. I think I may need less fills (hoping 2 or 3) if I go back to the experts. Most posts tell you to go to OCC>

• 2 months later...

Finally, I feel like I'm going to lose some real weight! Just came back from my third fill. 9.3cc in an 11cc band, and now I have some restriction!

I currently have 5 cc in an 11cc band, and am not at my sweet spot. I am not feeling restriction.

I have had 2 fills. The provider used flouro, but no barium. I think she was inexperienced, because I have an 11cc band and she wanted to give me .25cc for my first fill!!!! I was extremely irritated because I had paid $450 already for my first Fill Centers USA visit ($350 initial fee, $100 for flouro). She did go ahead and give me 2ccs because I was irritated about it. Then I went back to her 2 weeks later and got another 3cc, for a total of 5cc. But I already know that I need another fill. I am debating on going back to her or traveling to Roswell, GA where they use the barium and have decent reviews as opposed to no reviews at all. I have been reading tons of posts, and it seems to me that a lot of people on here have right around 8cc in an 11cc band, for good restriction. I do realize that each person's "sweet spot" will vary. I have been losing about 1 lb a week, but can eat 2/3 of what I used to eat and I want to cut that to 1/3 of what I used to eat. I have been exercising on an elliptical for 30 minutes a day as well, and doing weights on my legs and arms too. (Can't do abs, not 3 months post op yet).

• 3 weeks later...