JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Angie - You need to tell that Doctor S his scale is broken..........LOL...

How dare it give you 3 pounds... Tell them to take it BACK! & NOW!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I know! LOL I have been holding steady so that is a blessing. At least I am not gaining! My scale at home still loves me! LOL

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME READING EVRYONE'S POSTS AND THIS SEEMS LIKE SUCH A SUPPORTIVE GROUP. WELL IM HAVING MY SURGERY WITH DR. ORTIZ ON JUNE 24TH AND I'M SORT OF EXCITED BUT ALSO REALLY NERVOUS!! SO I HOPE ALL GOES WELL :lol:

I'll be there with you, I'm having surgery that day too!!! :D

I believe your flights are broken up a bit so that is good. My flights ended up being back to back due to delays. Ended up running to catch my connection. Made it by the skin of my teeth. Bad weather made for a bumpy flight. I was pooped when I arrived home. Even got emotional when I saw my baby and hubby.

That is what made my flight home a challenge. You should be okay!

You were right! Flight home was torture! Not being able to move for 4 hours was hell. Glad it's over and I'm home with my new friend (the band) and we are recovering nicely! Still pretty sore.. today is day 5.

You were right! Flight home was torture! Not being able to move for 4 hours was hell. Glad it's over and I'm home with my new friend (the band) and we are recovering nicely! Still pretty sore.. today is day 5.

I am glad your flight was not bad. That is awesome! Day 5! Woo hoo!

Now you are on the other side!

:D I'm scheduled for my first fill on June 8th also

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I'm just now seeing your post. I was at OCC around 11:45, were you there around that time? Maybe I saw you in waiting room. My first fill went great and now I have 1.2cc in my band and looking forward to food tomorrow and hopefully some restriction. How did your fill go?

I too am scheduled for surgery in June on the 26th arriving on the 25th that is if my passport arrives in time. I'm having a real issue with that right now and getting quite stressed over it. A couple of friends of mine at work have been banded and one of them is coming with me so we are waiting to make our flight reservations on the passports. All we get out of the passport agency is "they are in process", we could pay an additional fee to expedite it however I was told that it does not guarantee that they will be here in time. So.........there you have it........major stress. I'm not even worried about the surgery, just getting there. :(

Has anyone else had any issues with passports or know anyway around this? Any info. is helpful

Dena

I too am scheduled for surgery in June on the 26th arriving on the 25th that is if my passport arrives in time. I'm having a real issue with that right now and getting quite stressed over it. A couple of friends of mine at work have been banded and one of them is coming with me so we are waiting to make our flight reservations on the passports. All we get out of the passport agency is "they are in process", we could pay an additional fee to expedite it however I was told that it does not guarantee that they will be here in time. So.........there you have it........major stress. I'm not even worried about the surgery, just getting there. :(

Has anyone else had any issues with passports or know anyway around this? Any info. is helpful

Dena

Hi Dena... it took me 2 weeks to the day to get mine. I did pay the extra fee to have it mailed overnight. I didnt pay the expedited fee since I would not be going back down to MX for another 6weeks. Other people told me the same.. it only took them 2 weeks to get theres. Fingers crossed for you and let us know.

~laura

Dena

I paid to expedite it and I got it sooner then the expedited date it said... well worth the money I went down May 26, I have my passport since June 4 ,6th MAYBE??? - they told me BY June 13th I'd have it

My wife & I just got our first fills. I got 3.6 cc's in a VG 10cc Band. She got 1.8 cc's in a 4cc Band. We are having Zoom treatment before we leave. Then 3 days of liquids due to fills... The journey continues.

Hi everyone (anyone)

My banding date is 26th June. I am nervous, but mainly (and probably a bit insanely) I am scared it won't work. I have tried so many things, and even though I read your stories I have this irrational fear that it won't apply to me.

I'm on my shakes now and feeling so despondent that I'm hungry and miserable and once again it may all be for nothing as the band won't help me.

Any words (or slaps) for a silly fool like me?

Just-being-honest,

Benjigirl

Hi everyone (anyone)

My banding date is 26th June. I am nervous, but mainly (and probably a bit insanely) I am scared it won't work. I have tried so many things, and even though I read your stories I have this irrational fear that it won't apply to me.

I'm on my shakes now and feeling so despondent that I'm hungry and miserable and once again it may all be for nothing as the band won't help me.

Just-being-honest,

Benjigirl

I have/had the same feeling about the band not helping.. I dont think we are alone. Hang in there...

Hi everyone (anyone)

Just-being-honest,

Benjigirl

Honestly is always the best policy, that is for sure! I didn't have any doubts or worries until after I was banded. When I didn't loose any weight in the 21 day liquid diet phase, I was stunned. Even now, coming up on 2 months banded, I have lost and gained the same 2-3 lbs. I went in to this with my mind set on not having any big expectations. After the fact, I realized I had expectations and it blew me away at first. Now, I am getting back to reality. I read posts on a different forum and that has helped. I go to the April 2009 board and can see what others, who got there bands around the same time are doing. That has helped me out a lot. I love this board, and come here for my main support and education, but some perspective goes along way.

Having second thoughts or the gitters is pretty common. Like I was saying, just last weekish I was going through the same thing where I felt like a failure and really alone in bandland. Even skipped posting my weight on the Friday weigh in. I snapped out of it and got my head back in the game so to speak. You are making a good decision! Hang in there and reach out like you are doing. You'll be just fine.

I use the blog function of this board and it helps me to get my emotions, thoughts and feelings out on paper.

:D

To everyone thats going to be at the marriott in TJ on the night of the 25th, I'll be there by my lonesome. Look me up! I don't know what my room number will be but ask for Desiree Rodriguez's room # if they'll give it to you!

Also I'm having surgery at OCC on the 24th so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that's gonna be there with me!