JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

The month of June is named after the Roman goddess Juno. Juno was the goddess of marriage, that's why so many couples pick June to get married. It's kind of ironic that patients decide to be banded in the month of June. Being banded is sort of a marriage, we hope a marriage for the better. For all of you patients that have scheduled your surgeries and fills,, this is the post that brings us together with other patients that have scheduled their surgery and fill. So,, lets hear from those that will be at the OCC in month of June. Maybe you'll make new friends for life.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
June 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! :lol:

\

OMG ksk, I just emailed you asking about your LAPBAND date. You are being BANDED the day after my

daughter's BDAY. CONGRATS!!!!! The surgery is a piece of cake..... she was up 2 hrs after...walking (u MUST

walk---so you don't get gassed up).... the next day we went shopping at Avenida Revolucion..... You are going

to love the hospital, the staff, the hotel.... ESPECIALLY DR. ORTIZ!!! It will be a great experience... keep in touch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Total noob here. I just wanted to post how excited I am that today I scheduled my surgery for June 17th! I live in Phoenix, AZ and my surgeon is Dr. Terry Simpson. I have struggled with my weight all my life, and if only I knew when I was a teen what I know now, I may not be in the predicament I am in now, but such is life. I cant wait to get to know everyone here and explore every inch of this website. :) It is nice to finally have someone to not only talk to, but who understands what I am going through.

:D

April

Hi April, I live in Phoenix but soon to move to NJ. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding your band. I love my band. I lost 60 lbs in 9 months. Taking it kind of slow but steady. I have only had two fills and I am doing great. Good Luck!

I'm scheduled to be banded on June 2, but have mixed feelings about it. I am both excited to begin a new me, but nervous about the surgery. HELP Someone.

I think having a case of the gitters is normal. Mine hit the weekend before my surgery. Although as soon as I picked up the phone and talked to a fellow bandster, I was a-ok. I think what I was most nervous about was getting packed. I know that sounds lame. As soon as I knew everything was in some sort of order, I was as cool as cool could be.

What's making you the most nervous?

I think having a case of the gitters is normal. Mine hit the weekend before my surgery. Although as soon as I picked up the phone and talked to a fellow bandster, I was a-ok. I think what I was most nervous about was getting packed. I know that sounds lame. As soon as I knew everything was in some sort of order, I was as cool as cool could be.

What's making you the most nervous?

AngieB,

What do you mean by getting packed? I think I am nervous about living through to the completion of the surgery. I know that the anestesiologist meticulously monitor the blood level to make sure that everything matches according to your weight, but I am still so nervous about the procedure itself. Guess I could use some words of comfort at this point. :o

AngieB,

What do you mean by getting packed? I think I am nervous about living through to the completion of the surgery. I know that the anestesiologist meticulously monitor the blood level to make sure that everything matches according to your weight, but I am still so nervous about the procedure itself. Guess I could use some words of comfort at this point. :o

LadyT - Let me say you are in the right place if you are looking for support! This is a awesome board and the members here are great. I researched this subject, and found many comforts along the way. Like for instance. Dr. Ortiz has not lost one patient. Not one. He and his staff have done over 6500 lap band procedures. Dr. Ortiz is the best lap band surgeon in the world. He does this procedure day after day and has seen many different scenarios. You are in very capable hands! Any questions or concerns you have at any time, call your coordinator, ask them here. You will get answers and support.

As far as anastasia, I can tell you they use advanced anestasia. You go out and wake up very quickly. I was up and walking within the first hour after my surgery. That is pretty awesome!

LadyT - Let me say you are in the right place if you are looking for support! This is a awesome board and the members here are great. I researched this subject, and found many comforts along the way. Like for instance. Dr. Ortiz has not lost one patient. Not one. He and his staff have done over 6500 lap band procedures. Dr. Ortiz is the best lap band surgeon in the world. He does this procedure day after day and has seen many different scenarios. You are in very capable hands! Any questions or concerns you have at any time, call your coordinator, ask them here. You will get answers and support.

As far as anastasia, I can tell you they use advanced anestasia. You go out and wake up very quickly. I was up and walking within the first hour after my surgery. That is pretty awesome!

AngieB,

Thanks so very much for the words of comfort!! I am already feeling more confident about the the procedure. I am definitely looking foward to the date.

BTW -- I was told that some lose hair from the surgery -- is this correct, and have you experienced any hair loss subsequent to the surgery?

Hi April, I live in Phoenix but soon to move to NJ. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding your band. I love my band. I lost 60 lbs in 9 months. Taking it kind of slow but steady. I have only had two fills and I am doing great. Good Luck!

Thanks! did you have your surg here or in TJ?

AngieB,

Thanks so very much for the words of comfort!! I am already feeling more confident about the the procedure. I am definitely looking foward to the date.

BTW -- I was told that some lose hair from the surgery -- is this correct, and have you experienced any hair loss subsequent to the surgery?

I do think some people have hair loss. I have not lost any. I know there are some bariatric vitmains that are great for us bandsters. I have not taken those, but have taken a liquid multi viatamin since my surgery. I think we bandsters are fortunate because we absorb the good stuff from our food before it moves threw out system. GB patients are not so fortunate.

I am glad you are feeling better! You have some time before your surgery so this is a great place to learn and meet some wonderful people.

Oh my... I'm scheduled for June 4th with Dr. Ortiz!!!!! I'm so nervous I start to sweat just thinking about it!!! I keep telling myself I must be crazy flying from NJ to TJ for a lap band! I also tell myself that I must really need the help!

I have a question.. what is it like traveling over the border? I think its only about a 10 minute drive, correct? Is it highway or rural or city? Are there any crime areas near by? My travel companion is concerned about safety. Could anyone shed some light? Thanks!!! -Karen

I am scheduled for my first fill on June 8th at 12:30pm. I may spend one night in the hotel just in case the fill needs adjusting. I plan to stay in San Diego until June 11th.

Oh good Lord! I am so new to this. I have just requested an information packet from my local lap band surgeon. I have been telling myself for six months I weigh 267 but two weeks ago found out that number is more like 296. I am ready for this procedure and have been for nearly two years. I have researched- but I guess I still have things to learn. I don't understand... you don't get your band filled when you first get it? I know that may be a silly question but I am just so confused. I hope I get approved for this surgery! :o

((Alia))

You don't have any liquid in your band for the first 6 weeks after the surgery. This is because your stomach is swollen from the actual surgery and if the band had fluid in it then the restriction might be too much for you to even drink water. After the band has been in for 6 weeks you are allowed to get your first fill. They inject saline into the band (some people have a band that will only hold 4cc of liquid and other people have a band that will hold 10cc). Most people need 2-4 fills to reach their "sweet spot."

Hello all. I just booked my surgery for June 30 and I can't wait. I'm very concerned about the recovery period, but from what I read it should be okay. ANy advice is much appreciated...I feel like I am about to dive into a whole new world. Thanks!