1 year ago today, I changed my life with the lapband

I was banded on 4-3-09, wow what a wonderful experience. It is so hard to believe that today is 1 year. I love my band. I was one of those that had some problems in the beginng, but never regreted getting it. My only regret was that I didnt do it sooner. Today I am at 151# and only have 12 more to go.

Since getting the band, I am no longer on medication for diabetes and my knees are some better. I still have to have a knee replacement in August, but it does not hurt as bad as it did when I was over weight. I feel so much better, have more energy and feel better about myself.

My other big news is not only is it my 1 year anniversary with the band but on 4-4-09 I will also be getting married. I had hoped to be at my goal weight by the wedding, but.........its ok.........I am still proud of what I have accomplished.

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all.

Yeah for April 3 Bandsters!!!! I am so proud of you and how far you have come. I can't believe it has already been a year WOW! Congrats on your wedding and hopefully I can have the same success you have had here soon....I'm going slow! Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Jacklyn

What an exciting day it is going to be for you. Not only are you entering into a marriage and feeling total joy tomorrow, but you will be looking beautiful and feeling so good. I am very happy for you. :D

I was banded on 4-3-09, wow what a wonderful experience. It is so hard to believe that today is 1 year. I love my band. I was one of those that had some problems in the beginng, but never regreted getting it. My only regret was that I didnt do it sooner. Today I am at 151# and only have 12 more to go.

Since getting the band, I am no longer on medication for diabetes and my knees are some better. I still have to have a knee replacement in August, but it does not hurt as bad as it did when I was over weight. I feel so much better, have more energy and feel better about myself.

My other big news is not only is it my 1 year anniversary with the band but on 4-4-09 I will also be getting married. I had hoped to be at my goal weight by the wedding, but.........its ok.........I am still proud of what I have accomplished.

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! AND HAPPIEST OF TOMORROWS FOR YOU AND THE NEW HUBBY :)

Wooo Hoooo Congratulations!!! I also can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!! And congrats on your success - happy 1 year!!!

Good times all the way around! Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful 70 degree day for a wedding and then you get to experience snow on your first full day of married life. You are luckier than you know!

I have often thought that brides with a band have a good reason to demand that cake not be shoved in their face - last thing they would want to do is pb on their wedding day b/c of this.

Congratulations on both of your achievements!