Low BMI Anyone?

BUT, I can't help but think that I am somehow "weak" in that I couldn't do this on my own...

There will still be plenty of choices you will need to make "on your own" after the surgery and it will take strength, determination and will power to make the right ones. The good news is that you will make the right choices and will have much success.

I am glad you have told your husband and that he is pretty much okay with it. I was going to suggest that since Mother's Day is coming up you tell him that this is the only thing you want for Mother's Day so that by Mother's Day next year you can be one hot mama! Guys seem to understand "hot" terminology.

Okay - {{{I'm getting excited!}}}... BUT, I can't help but think that I am somehow "weak" in that I couldn't do this on my own... And the fear of the PORT! Oh my! This foreign object that may petrude from my abdominal area??? Some people have it below their bra-line. Others have it at their waist line...etc. And finally - What about the pre-op diet? If I follow it to a "T", will I fall below a BMI of 31/32 and risk not qualifying??? *sorry for the hysterical ranting...* I just so badly want to enjoy the healthy, slender ME again after 20 years... :)

I am totally with you!! My friend and I both went and did this together. And, we too, kept talking about how people will think this is the easy way out and that we should just try to lose it on our own. Well, we have done that for years and we might lose a couple lbs. but we would gain it back all over again. My husband told me not to worry about what others think...and he is right...he said you are not taking the easy way out. You still have to work at what you eat and exercise. It is a tool that we can use to our benefit but we can also sabotage it. I am completely happy with this decision.

Good-luck!!! :rolleyes:

I was banded on March 20th and my BMI was consedered lower as well. I think I am severely obese instead of morbid. The liquid diet AFTER surgery was hardest for me. And I miss food and diet coke. I actually sometimes feel sad when I look at my plate and realize I can't eat another bite and have only eaten a tiny portion.

BUT, I love I have already gone down one pant size, I don't drink gallons of Diet coke anymore, I love that I don't sneak food anymore. I love that my 4 year old son told me today that I was skinny.

The way I look at it there are two lines: pros and cons. I had to pick which one I wanted to get in.

My husband also had to hide my scale because I was weighing twice a day.

I am starting to live bandster style and I really like it!!

Good Luck!!