I can't get below 200, help!!!

Chisty that is a great idea, please count me in!

Carrie

Carrie,

We are actually pretty close in weight, I am at 220 now, but we started out about the same too!! I cannot wait to be under 200!!!! oh I will be so happy to see a **1** on the scale!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The roller-coaster ride continues.....back up to 202 today. Argh!!! I need the universe to hear this loud and clear, so feel free to join in, hahaha........

I WILL BE IN ONEDERLAND BY THE WEEKEND

Thanks and have a great day!

Sabrina:)

Ok so I deffinatly belong in this group... I have been stuck between 213-216 for over 7 months!! I was banded 10 months ago so longer then then the rest of ya all I think. However for the last month and a half I have been going to the gym 3 times a week and still not moving the scale soooo I made an appointment for a fill for next Tuesday. I only have 2.25 cc in my 4cc band. I have been BEYOND FRUSTRATED as I can still eat too much even though I don't make it a habit. I am hoping this fill will help... SOMETHING BETTER BEFORE I LOOSE IT AND I DON'T MEAN THE WEIGHT!! :angry:

I love my band and the fact that I have maintained my same weight is good but I gotta get this moving again!!

Carrie,

We are actually pretty close in weight, I am at 220 now, but we started out about the same too!! I cannot wait to be under 200!!!! oh I will be so happy to see a **1** on the scale!

Hey Christy!

Yes we are very close. I have been very frustrated with the 220's and under. I cant seem to get it off. I did however weigh this morning and I am now at 212.2. We WILL get there.

Cindy, Sabrina and Angie,

You guys are doing great as well. This is a very frustrating time for all of use. I think with this thread, it will give us the support we need to kick the 2's butt! We want so bad to be 199 and under and I think with our determination and with everyone on this board being so supportive of each other, we will do it in no time! I did start a food journel, very suprised at the calories that I was taking in...

Mommaof2twins!

That is such a CUTE picture! My sister has a set of twin girls that are 11. They are so much fun! Good luck with your journey as well!

Carrie

Carrie

I have been stuck at 205 for several weeks. Went in and saw my Doc, he filled me again. So now 7.5cc in 10cc band. Yea, now I'm restricted and lost 4.6 pounds this week. I'm still trying for under 200 as well. Good luck everyone!!!

Kim,

Good luck with your new fill, I hope that it get you under the 2 mark. Keep us posted and good luck!

Carrie

Mommaof2twins!

That is such a CUTE picture! My sister has a set of twin girls that are 11. They are so much fun! Good luck with your journey as well!

Carrie

Awww thanks Carrie.... it is very fun having twins and ALOT of work at times too :D You would think that chasing these two around I would be a bean pole LOL!!

Sound like you are doing good with your weight loss. I weighed this morning and I am at 213.6. I am really triing to make the scale move. I haven't been under 200 since 2002 and I got to 199 but that only lasted a couple of days. Before that, the last time I was in the 1's was like 15 years ago when I was in high school. I think I will start a food journal too. I have never done it and think that it would help for sure. How are you journaling your calorie intake?

Celia

Ok so I deffinatly belong in this group... I have been stuck between 213-216 for over 7 months!! I was banded 10 months ago so longer then then the rest of ya all I think. However for the last month and a half I have been going to the gym 3 times a week and still not moving the scale soooo I made an appointment for a fill for next Tuesday. I only have 2.25 cc in my 4cc band. I have been BEYOND FRUSTRATED as I can still eat too much even though I don't make it a habit. I am hoping this fill will help... SOMETHING BETTER BEFORE I LOOSE IT AND I DON'T MEAN THE WEIGHT!! :angry:

I love my band and the fact that I have maintained my same weight is good but I gotta get this moving again!!

I think you'll find the next fill makes a HUGE difference. I went from 2.4 to 3 cc's and it's much easier to stay on track now. I'll bet this will be the one that kick-starts that weight loss for you!!! Keep us posted.

Celia,

I know what you mean, I have not been under 200 since my freshman year in high school, have always been a "fluffy" girl!

I am tracking my calorie and protien intake. I am not going over 1200 a day and I am getting in about 85-90 grams of protien in a day and drinking 60oz of water a day as well. The protien intake has been very confusing to me. Some people say 60 grams a day and some say not over 130 grams a day. I think it all depends on how much you are working out a day. I think it all depends on the person. Like Jazzy told me, you have to experiment and see what works for you. That is one of the reasons I start the journel. Good Luck!

Carrie

Sabrina,

Thanks for the encouragement. I really do hope that my weight loss will get moving again with this fill. I am a little bummed cuz I know that the lady who does my fill will only give me another .25 cc. and that will only put me at 2.5 which I was at on my second fill (before an unfill of .5). So here I am going for my fourth fill and will only be at 2.5 again. She is a fill centers usa dr. but says after the second fill they can only do .25 at a time. Has anyone else had this happen? I feel like I am going to pay alot more to get to my "sweet spot". I will let you know how my fill goes next week. I hope I can talk her into giving me more then .25 this time. Good news is I weighed in at 213.6 this morning so I am moving in the right direction. :D

Carrie,

I think the journaling idea is such a good one if I can be faithful in writing down everything I eat. I think I might try fitday.com. The only thing I am not sure about is how to figure out calorie counts on food that is homemade and doesn't have the calories on the package if you know what I mean. I don't think I am getting enough water in my diet. I don't drink anything but water and an occasional flavored water drink (crystal light, G2) like twice a month. But I still don't get enough on a daily basis. I have never really counted my protien intake. I drink a protien shake every morning and I feel like I do ok on my protien. But journaling would put me in check with my counts for sure! Do you find that you are good about journaling everything you eat? I do keep track in my head thoughout the day approx how many calories I have consumed but some food is hard to figure out.

Thank you to everyone for your support I haven't been on here in awhile and it is good to be back... :D

Celia,

I am eating every three hours. I drink my protien shake around 6:30 -7:00 and then have a snack at 9:30-10:00, Lunch around 12:30, snack round 3:30 then dinner before 7 each night. I do not eat ANYTHING in between, this makes it easy to remember and it allows me to eat every three hours to keep my metabolism going through the day. Im not sure if you have read a G2 bottle it has I think 140 calories per bottle, that is high for me because I was drinking 2-3 a day until I read the back of the bottle...I now drink nothing but water with cyrstal light and fat free skim milk with my shakes. I think protien is VERY important to cut hunger so I do eat ALOT of protien a day. As far as dinners at night, I bake or grill. Nothing breaded for fried. Tonight I did shrimp with bacon. The shrimp has very little calories and the bacon had 70 calories per two strips. I was able to eat 2 shrimp, which it took 1/2 strip per shrimp. So two ship and one peice of bacon. CHEWED CHEWED AND CHEWED, shrimp is kinda tough for me. I ate maybe 1/4 cup of Uncle Bins Whole grain rice with it. I just try to judge my best on calories.

Hope this helps!

Carrie

Been reading about all who are stuck at same weight for "weeks". Like Mammaof2wins I have been on this plateau for 6 months now. Same 5 pounds lost and gained numerous times. Have been filled to the max and unfilled. (The fill to the max ended up stretching out my esophogus to a huge size apparantly since I can no longer feel the food in there.) Had an upper GI and Dr. was floored that I could not feel pressure in my chest since the barium stuff was just sitting there in my esophogus. I don't know what is going on, but I am frustrated. I go to the gym and either swim or tread water for minimum of an hour 5 days a week. I drink all of my water and then some. Do not drink any soda. I know that i eat more bread products than most bandsters since i have no problem getting them down. i have decided to start logging my food daily on thedailyplate.com to really get a better picture of it. I am currently weighing in at 215. I think in October it was 213. I have (I think) 7 cc/in a 10cc band. I started this journey in Sept. 07. so I am 19 months post op and am down 75-80 pounds depending on the week. I know that is great, but doesn't stop me from being frustrated sitting on this plateau.

Been reading about all who are stuck at same weight for "weeks". Like Mammaof2wins I have been on this plateau for 6 months now. Same 5 pounds lost and gained numerous times. Have been filled to the max and unfilled. (The fill to the max ended up stretching out my esophogus to a huge size apparantly since I can no longer feel the food in there.) Had an upper GI and Dr. was floored that I could not feel pressure in my chest since the barium stuff was just sitting there in my esophogus. I don't know what is going on, but I am frustrated. I go to the gym and either swim or tread water for minimum of an hour 5 days a week. I drink all of my water and then some. Do not drink any soda. I know that i eat more bread products than most bandsters since i have no problem getting them down. i have decided to start logging my food daily on thedailyplate.com to really get a better picture of it. I am currently weighing in at 215. I think in October it was 213. I have (I think) 7 cc/in a 10cc band. I started this journey in Sept. 07. so I am 19 months post op and am down 75-80 pounds depending on the week. I know that is great, but doesn't stop me from being frustrated sitting on this plateau.

I was at a plateau for over 4 months--same 3 pounds lost and gained like you. My third fill I lost 14 lbs. but now at a plateau again, losing and gaining on a day from 212-215. It is very frustrating.

Howdy girls Just wanted to let everyone know that my new exercise routine is working. 198 today yipee still moving in the right direction. Slowly but surely but that's ok. Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great Monday.

200 today!!! I'm going for an unfill this week, so I'm pretty sure I'll be hanging around this weight for a while now...onederland is so close, yet still so far away!

How's everybody else doing?

ps- it's my 5 month bandiversary today!

Sabrina that is great, WOW you are so close. I weighed in this morning and I am at 211. I am normally on my "high" side on Mondays from the weekend but I was not this morning. I am pretty excited. I am really going to work hard this week and next week. I have 9 lbs to go before May 14th which is my 6 months, I wanted to be down 60 lbs.

Keep us posted!

Carrie

Hey all....

I am soooo darn excited about my fill tomorrow. :girl_dance: I am at 215 today after being away from home all weekend and not being able to eat as well as I would have liked to. I can't wait to see the 2's in my rear view mirror!! I am a little less then two months away from my 1 year bandaversary and would love to be in the 1's when I get there.

Carrie,

Thanks for the menu sample of what you are doing. I always find those interesting and helpful! If I drink a G2 it is like maybe 2 times a month. I only drink one when I just need to drink something with flavor before I float away with all of the water I drink..LOL. By the way... 211 is good your headed in the right direction!!!

Abuchanan,

Congrats on being in onederland!!! You did it... Keep up the great work =D>

Lessisbest,

It is so frusterating isn't is!! Seven months later and still stuck....UGGG!! We can do it girl!! Let's get that scale moving :D

Sabrina,

WAY TO GO 200!!! You are sooooo close....thats wonderful!! But, why are you getting an unfill?