HCG Injections

So apparently this is a new thing for those of us who hit major plateaus

It is a 23 day injection program for weight loss along with a 500 calorie diet

- The HCG works on the hypothalamus, burning 2000+ calories per day and takes away your appetite

- perfect for those just banded waiting to hit their 'sweet' spot or those who consistently hit a plateau OR those needing to get the last 10-15 lbs off

Has anyone done this? I hit my plateau in March (180 lbs) ...broke it last month (178 lbs) and am now playing in the same up/down 5 lbs again...cannot get under 175 lbs.

would love to hear comments or suggestions

I have not heard of this. HCG is one of the hormones that elevates when you are pregnant. I don't know if it is responsible for morning sickness, but I wonder if that is the appetite control component of the program. Where did you find out about it? Is there a website? I'm a little concerned with messing with hormones too much.

I have not heard of this. HCG is one of the hormones that elevates when you are pregnant. I don't know if it is responsible for morning sickness, but I wonder if that is the appetite control component of the program. Where did you find out about it? Is there a website? I'm a little concerned with messing with hormones too much.

It is actually the fill place up in Marysville who is beginning to do them. Both are registered nurses, so I hardly think they would be doing anything to harm people.

I primarily wanted to know if anyone has used these

It is actually the fill place up in Marysville who is beginning to do them. Both are registered nurses, so I hardly think they would be doing anything to harm people.

I HAVE A NON BANDED FRIEND THAT'S "THINKING" ABOUT IT BUT SHE'S HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING PAST THE FACT SHE'D HAVE TO GIVE HERSELF INJECTION

HCG is not a steroid, but a naturally occurring peptide hormone, produced by the embryo in the early stages of pregnancy and later by the trophoblast (part of the placenta) to help control a pregnant woman´s hormones.

It's clinically used to induce ovulation and treat ovarian disorders in women, as well stimulate the testes hypogonadal (underproduction of testosterone) men. It is also used in the treatment of undescended testicles in young males. HCG offers no potential performance enhancement in female athletes, but does prove to be very useful in male athletes especially those that use AAS (which is where I've heard it being used ..)

The only thing small doses of HCG may be useful (sublingually) for is reducing symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Yeah, that´s right, you can probably reduce some symptoms of an enlarged prostate with the use of small doses of HCG, but I`m guessing that`s not what you`re been promised!

Since the powder of HCG is similar to the powder of somatropin often cheaper HCG is sold and marketed as the more expensive HGH (human growth hormone) on the black market.

So. In otherwords, it won`t do anything for your `pleateau`.

If nurses are selling it as a weight loss tool, that`s pretty much your freakin`red flag!

IT'S BEEN BANNED FROM THE USA. Where are they importing it from? My guess - THAILAND.

LOL!

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.
Kevin Trudeau was the person who popularized the use of HCG for dieting when he wrote and published a book on the subject. For your information, Kevin has spent a long time in jail because of several infractions on FTC guidelines.

In the book that Kevin Trudeau wrote, he makes the claim that HCG is a miracle supplement and in fact is the best one available. There is, however, no scientific research available which can support this claim. In fact, the various manufacturers who produce synthetic HCG will not even officially claim that there is a benefit to obese people. Basically, there are only a small amount of experts and doctors who insist that they have proof in the effectiveness of HCG for weight loss.

There have been many tests and studies conducted on HCG over the past 40 years. Now the thing is, these studies have not come up with any definitive proof as to the effectiveness of HCG with weight loss. The question is then, how can a select few doctors and experts claim that it is effective?

For your information, when a doctor allows you to try an HCG treatment, they will also tell you to go on a low calorie diet. Now a low calorie diet on its own will cause you to lose weight. So the question is, if you combine HCG supplements and a diet low in calories, how can you tell which of the 2 strategies is causing the weight loss?

HCG was banned quite a while ago in the United States. There are 2 options available to you if you want to purchase HCG. You can either try to get it from another country or it can be bought on the black market. Either scenario can end up being very expensive.

Source: http://www.articledashboard.com/Article/Ca...ht-Loss-/927641

n September 2007, the FTC charged Kevin Trudeau with violating a court order by misrepresenting the contents of the book. In infomercials, Trudeau falsely claimed that the book's weight-loss plan is easy to do, can be done at home, and ultimately allows readers to eat whatever they want. Previous FTC action had led to a court order banning from using infomercials to sell any product, service, or program except for books and other publications The order specified that he not misrepresent the content of the books. The FTC is now charging that he violated that narrow exemption

IN OTHER WORDS, IT`S BULLSH*t.

And it's not even readily available. Where are those 'nurses' buying it from?! THAILAND!!!

Tweak your diet.

Adjust your w/o's.

That will help you with your weight loss hump ...

Great Info Chica!

I will up the cardio

Oh Lisa, I'm sorry. I wasn't implying that anyone was knowingly offering anything harmful. I should have worded that differently.

LL,

I would be very suspicious of any weight loss miracle drug that also requires you to only eat 500 calories a day. One, 500 calories a day is not healthy and you will not be able to get adequate nutrition on only 500 calories a day. Also, how would you be able to determine if the drug was "helping" or if it was just the severe caloric deprivation that was causing your weight loss?

Many years before being banded, I actually tried one of those kinds of diets, 750 calories a day for one week, then up to 1,000 calories for 2 more weeks. I followed it to the letter and exercised about an hour a day, every day (I was very motivated back then) and I lost 12 pounds in those three weeks going from 148 to 136. I do not remember being hungry on that diet most likely because it was heavy on protein but also added lots of low calorie fillers. You know, eggs, cottage cheese, chicken breast, salad...we have all "been there, done that."

Sounds unhealthy to me! And, if I could subsist on 500 calories, I would have been off my plateau a long time ago.

Take care.

Dawn

HCG is not a steroid, but a naturally occurring peptide hormone, produced by the embryo in the early stages of pregnancy and later by the trophoblast (part of the placenta) to help control a pregnant woman´s hormones.

It's clinically used to induce ovulation and treat ovarian disorders in women, as well stimulate the testes hypogonadal (underproduction of testosterone) men. It is also used in the treatment of undescended testicles in young males. HCG offers no potential performance enhancement in female athletes, but does prove to be very useful in male athletes especially those that use AAS (which is where I've heard it being used ..)

The only thing small doses of HCG may be useful (sublingually) for is reducing symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Yeah, that´s right, you can probably reduce some symptoms of an enlarged prostate with the use of small doses of HCG, but I`m guessing that`s not what you`re been promised!

Since the powder of HCG is similar to the powder of somatropin often cheaper HCG is sold and marketed as the more expensive HGH (human growth hormone) on the black market.

So. In otherwords, it won`t do anything for your `pleateau`.

If nurses are selling it as a weight loss tool, that`s pretty much your freakin`red flag!

IT'S BEEN BANNED FROM THE USA. Where are they importing it from? My guess - THAILAND.

LOL!

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

Source: http://www.articledashboard.com/Article/Ca...ht-Loss-/927641

IN OTHER WORDS, IT`S BULLSH*t.

And it's not even readily available. Where are those 'nurses' buying it from?! THAILAND!!!

Tweak your diet.

Adjust your w/o's.

That will help you with your weight loss hump ...

TOTALLY NOT TRUE!!! IT WORKS!!! And it has not been banned.

I did HCG Injections 3 years ago and lost 30 lbs, my Aunt did it and lost 60---and has kept the weight off. My Mom lost 30--kept it off. HCG burns fat....you are to eat low fat taking HCG.

Let's talk on Facebook! I had not thought about this, but it may be what I need to get out of this funk I have been in.

This is from the office my family used.... http://www.transformationsmedicalweightloss.com/program.html

We have available a natural hormone called hCG*, which stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin*. hCG* is believed to break down your abnormal body fat, causing you to lose inches. At the same time, it protects your body's good fat (endogenous) and muscle from depleting. That means that you can go on a low calorie food plan and lose weight without the typical problems such as muscle loss and sagging skin. We do have prescription appetite suppressants available that have been used to assist with weight loss for over 40 years. These give you great will-power by curbing your appetite, making it easier to eat the right food in the correct proportions for successful weight loss. We also have natural alternatives and enhancers. These products can jumpstart your metabolism, burn more calories, reduce body fat, and block carbohydrates from being stored as fat. We also offer products to help with carbohydrate sensitivity, insulin resistance, PMS, hot flashes, and arthritic issues, just to name a few. Transformations’ products are made of top quality pharmaceutical grade ingredients. The staff, our patients and we use them with great results.

I HAVE A NON BANDED FRIEND THAT'S "THINKING" ABOUT IT BUT SHE'S HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING PAST THE FACT SHE'D HAVE TO GIVE HERSELF INJECTION

It is a TINY needle. You can hardly feel it. I did mine in my belly every morning. It is like a insulin needle. Very small.

I agree Upping the exercise is important, but from experience the injections work. Since they attack stored fat, it might really help. I talked to my Primary Doctor about them and he said it was much safer than taking pills. HCG is a normal hormone.

LOL!

They get it from the pharmacy they share an office with. These are not a couple of carpet baggers importing banned substances from the black markets of foreign countries. Those women have done a lot for many bandsters in the region, not the least of all me, and have been very active in the local lap-band community traveling all over the state and participating in many bandster support group meetings. I say not least of all me as one of them will become my mother-in-law next year, and she introduced me to my future husband.

Whether or not anyone choses to take their route is entirely up to them. As with any weight loss method, you should educate yourself as much as possible on the risks vs the rewards and talk to your physician.

HOWS THIS WORKING OUT FOR YOU DANA? I'LL PASS THE WORD ALONG. MY FRIEND JUST NEEDS THAT LITTLE NUDGE AND FIGURED 30 DAYS WAS ABOUT RIGHT

Hey Pammie-

I havent done the injections since being banded. But, I am stuck and seriously think I might try it. (didnt even think about it) I am at 3 CC's and there is NO WAY I can handle any more.

It makes sense that it could help, I totally understand why they would have it in a fill clinic. I will let yall know what happens. I will also ask them if they know of other places who do it. The place I went to have been using it since the 80's in their Weight Loss clinic.

I tried HCG through my Naturpath doctor. I lost 5 pound a week for 3 weeks. I was NEVER hungry. The diet that goes with it is pretty much a bandster diet. Produce and Protein. Lean meats, low sugar veggies, berries, apples, lots of salads, just aroung 500 calories. Nothing scary about that. The dosage of HCG is only 120ml. When you are pregnant, the HCG level goes up to 10,000un. You are getting 20units (in an insulin syringe) once daily. The only side effects is some nausea (like when you are first pregnant) and some slight fatigue. But that disappears. There is a doctor in Tacoma that is using this plan. Many NA doctors are beinging to use this on there patients with good result. They don't get their HCG on line or from another country. They order it by persciption from the local pharmacy. GEEZ.

It might not work for all people. WHAT DOES! There are people the lapband doesn't work for too.

Hey Pammie-

I havent done the injections since being banded. But, I am stuck and seriously think I might try it. (didnt even think about it) I am at 3 CC's and there is NO WAY I can handle any more.

It makes sense that it could help, I totally understand why they would have it in a fill clinic. I will let yall know what happens. I will also ask them if they know of other places who do it. The place I went to have been using it since the 80's in their Weight Loss clinic.

I am with Dana on this. I have fought the same plateau since March. I hit 178 and within a week was back up to the same damn 180 lbs I have been fighting for months.

I run 5.5 miles 3-4x per week...so I do not know how much more friggin cardio I can do before my knees give out...it does not matter how much Glucosamine I get.

I also agree with Clynn...these ladies have a heart of gold and are one of the premier people to go to for fills in our region.

I think Lindsay may have the HCG confused with another country? If it was banned by the FDA in the US...there is NO way it would be used here. people are not going to risk their careers. The FDA is one of the biggest pains to deal with...THAT is why I went to mexico to get my band...I was told I had to GAIN 20 more lbs to be eligible (never mind that I was already 90 lbs overweight).

Dana - we will talk poo

great conversation and I will say this...I have learned alot in a few short hours! That is what this board is for

Oh...and just to add to what Dana said...I am currently at 3.9 cc's in a 4.0 band

I have been as high as a 4.3 and could not swallow spit...so I also am not interested in getting tweaked again when I am already tight until 4 pm

I can't get any tighter!! Tonight I choked on a benadryl! Do you realize how stinking tiny that is? Lol I also do tons of cardio, water aerobics, elliptical, jogging. I think I am going to do this again$

-

Oh...and just to add to what Dana said...I am currently at 3.9 cc' I cans in a 4.0 band

I have bee

n as

high

as a 4.3 and could not swallow spit...so I also am not interested in getting tweaked again when I am already tight until 4 pm

[/

quote]

snake oil, my friends.

lol.

The FDA Requires This Disclaimer Regarding HCG:

INDICATIONS AND USAGE: HCG HAS NOT BEEN DEMONSTRATED TO BE EFFECTIVE ADJUNCTIVE THERAPY IN THE TREATMENT OF OBESITY. THERE IS NO SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THAT IT INCREASES WEIGHT LOSS BEYOND THAT RESULTING FROM CALORIC RESTRICTION, THAT IT CAUSES A MORE ATTRACTIVE OR "NORMAL" DISTRIBUTION OF FAT, OR THAT IT DECREASES THE HUNGER AND DISCOMFORT ASSOCIATED WITH CALORIE-RESTRICTED DIETS.

i could go on and on about the 're distribution of fat cells', which is scientifically not possible.

but if it makes you feel better, keep believing.

We conclude that there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being.

pubmedcentral - The effect of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the treatment of obesity by means of the Simeons therapy: a criteria-based meta-analysis

f you want to know the SCIENCE, however, it’s pretty damning when it comes to HCG injections. Here are links to just two of the many studies that were conducted in a proper manner (1976 and 1990), showing that HCG is no better than saline solution when it comes to benefits of weight loss.

Starling Fitness

And the 'INVENTOR' of this 'diet':

In court documents, the FTC pointed out that one required phase of the protocol requires that consumers get daily injections of a prescription drug that is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration for weight loss. To obtain the drug, a consumer would need to either go overseas, or find a doctor in the U.S. who will prescribe the drug for off-label use. The injections must be intramuscular, and Trudeau even instructs the dieter to do the injections under the care of a licensed physician. Besides the injections, this phase also requires a 500 calorie/day diet for 21 to 45 days, and the consumer cannot use any medicines, including over-the-counter and prescription drugs, most cosmetics, and no creams, lotions, or moisturizers.

FTC: Marketer Kevin Trudeau

Violated Prior Court Order

Are you related to that "Other" Canadian - Jann?

LOL

Lindsay:

How could you continue to say it is not in the US when I sent a link of a clinic using it in OKLAHOMA?? lol That is the clinic my family went to. I would think someone who had used hcg could better say how it works. I will be in Tulsa on Tuesday, I think I will go see them again.

Far from snake oil. I have been on hundreds of low cal diets and never got the results I got from HCG, nor did my 2 aunts, mom and cousin. We have all used it! Not sure where you are getting your info. but it is in the US & it does work.

Lindsay:

Far from snake oil. I have been on hundreds of low cal diets and never got the results I got from HCG, nor did my 2 aunts, mom and cousin. We have all used it! Not sure where you are getting your info. but it is in the US & it does work.

BANDDIVA - I'm sorry you're not seeing the much larger picture of my posts. I really wish you're read with the info I'm providing you with.

Consistency will give you results in terms of a low cal diet.

Again, it has nothing to do with HCG. PLEASE READ THE MEDICAL JOURNAL STUDIES I POSTED ABOVE.

I got my info from US National Library of Medicine. & The National Institutes of Health.

I'm not trying to argue this.

I'm trying to find FACTS on this, which you're not providing me.

Again, this is all factual based information.

Weight loss is caused by a caloric deficiency.

If you're really that baffled by your weight loss, please post your diet for 5 days.

Adjusting your ratios is very simple, and the solution to your problem.

A few things to remember:

What everyone is complaining about in this thread is very easily solved, and very basic diet rules of thumb.

Supplements aren’t going to “make or break” your progress with regard to dieting. Phenomenal results can be achieved with just the “normal foods” that can be found in any grocery store. The key is setting up the diet properly – meal composition, timing, etc – and being CONSISTENT with it for the long haul.

Try tapering your carbs as the day progresses. The only exception is if you are training at night, in which case you would still have carbohydrates in their post-workout meal. I would typically recommend a meal of lean protein – the slower the digesting, the better, to keep a steady flow of amino acids throughout the night – green vegetables, and a small amount of healthy fat as the last meal of the day.

i'm of the opinion that morning cardio should be done on an empty stomach to optimize fat-burning. When you eat prior, you end up using what you just ate for fuel, rather than stored bodyfat. Some say this is too catabolic, and cardio should never be done on an empty stomach, but my experience tells me otherwise.

There are no “secrets” to dieting.

Sure, there are strategies and principles that can definitely speed your progress and results, but nothing will ever take the place of hard work over time. To excel in any sport takes years of training, and to optimize that training, it needs to be supported by years of sound nutritional habits.

ok so about 3 years a ago I did three rounds of HCG shots and lost 20 lbs each time I did them. I had a book about it which I have thrown away since. However I did end up gaining all of the 60 lbs I lost back. It was extremely difficult. The first 3 days you are soooooo hungry but after that the HCG is in your system and you are not hungry at all. I had to make myself eat. It did work for me and 4 other family members too.

ok so about 3 years a ago I did three rounds of HCG shots and lost 20 lbs each time I did them. I had a book about it which I have thrown away since. However I did end up gaining all of the 60 lbs I lost back. It was extremely difficult. The first 3 days you are soooooo hungry but after that the HCG is in your system and you are not hungry at all. I had to make myself eat. It did work for me and 4 other family members too.

It is meant to be used on a 23 day program to leap frog the plateau and to assist the band.