HCG Injections

Thankfully, noone is just rolling over and playing dead on this topic and the amount of anger being lodged at those of us calling BS on the quackadoodle over-the-top hostility is becoming amusing.

Facts:

It is legal in the US

It is currently not legal to use in ML sports - if it is found, it is a known drug to level out steriod use (red flag)

It has been used for weight loss in UK through numerous trials

The beauty of this board is that people are supposed to respect each others opinions and questions as there is some great thoughts floating around.

If someone wants to try this for the short term, they have that right without being jumped on and have it insinuated that somehow we are losers for giving it 4 weeks. I for one am sick to death of the plateau I have been on since March - that is now nearly 4 months. Informing me to "adjust" my caloric needs or increase my cardio when you know nothing about what I have done successfully to get to this point does nothing but irritates people.

It is like the know-it-all auntie at the family dinner that everyone has to tolerate on special occassions.

oodles~

LMFAO!! Lisa, thank you for this--I was trying to roll around in my head of what to say, but my two cents would have probably read "mean" so, thank you for being the "nice" voice in my head. Cheers! :) (Please let me know if you have this done, I am thinking about doing this 'cause I've been on a plateau for almost 3 months now.)

I wonder if there was a lack of "positive statistics" to be found online when the lap band was new?

Just thinking aloud here... ;-)

I just spoke with a nurse/owner of a clinic close by in Tacoma area today and she said they have had better results with lapband patients than regular patients. When I asked "why" she said she thought it could be that we have such a small tummy anyways and possibly a better desire to get the weight off.

I thought that was an interesting perspective.

Rut-Roh!

are you spamming us with your ads?

To the person who thinks it's the low calorie diet alone (Lindsay?) - I'd just like to ask why then have I been at the same weight for almost 3 months when I'm eating less than 1,000 calories (more like 500-600) per day?!? If I'm already restricting my calories - obviously there has to be more to it. If I knew of someone in my area who did this, I would certainly give it a try.

Just because you are not finding a lot of positive articles on hcg doesn't make it snake oil. I only just heard about it from reading this thread... it's still very new apparently, and the more people use it, the more data there will be on its effectiveness (if it is). It certainly couldn't hurt - so why be so negative about something that could possibly help others? Why discourage someone from doing something that might help them? How many of us were discouraged from getting the lap band? How many of us were told we should just get more exercise and eat less?!? Our bodies work in mysterious ways that doctors don't always understand (if they did, they would be able to tell me what's wrong with me! LOL!)... and just because there hasn't been enough positive results collected to satisfy you, there are plenty of intelligent women here who can do the research themselves and form their own conclusions without you trying to stuff your negative opinions down their throats.

We are here to encourage and support each other - sheesh!!!!

It’s been around for over 50 years, studies have been done on it since the 70's.

It’s not been found to be harmful, however there are no studies that show it actually works - I do B12 shots, love them (for the way they make me feel - I don't lose weight with them) and many feel it’s a placebo effect - I don't care - they work for me. It’s the same concept - if it works for you go for it - we're adults and will make our own decisions - what I like about this is you find different viewpoints to gather data.

Would I do it - no, but don’t care if someone else does. It’s your money and your body - so your decision.

Best,

Lisa

So tell me, if you do these shots does that mean you are more likely to get pregnant? Or does the body think you already are? At this point I would not take any hormone, I want no part of being pregnant with the band. Scarry. In fact, I dont think I want anymore kids. How scarry to put a hormone in my body and then poof -oops your prego..... NO WAY!! I have seen people on here already say they are more able to get pregnant because of the band and the weight loss. This is scarry thing to me, I am about ready to go get tied, or get him cut. Something, YUCK. And I know I sure dont want no morning sickness. GROSS. Sorry but I can't help it. Anything that makes you feel sick. I am ok not to try it. I would love to lose more weight but feeling sick is no my idea of a good time.

Rut-Roh!

are you spamming us with your ads?

Looked like it to me. First post with a link to another site in the signature line and little to no content in the post. It's a fairly common, albeit inefficient, tactic. I deleted it but if the poster was legitimate and would like to be reinstated, they can get in touch with me and I'll review the forum policies with them.

Well said BeBe

Ok I have become thoroughly intrigued by this idea and decided to give it a shot (no pun intended btw). I've been at a plateau for the last year and a half despite fills, *puke* unfills, eating right, and upping my exercise. Very frustrating to say the least.

Today was shot number 1 and I weighed in this morning at 212. The needles are tiny like what they would use on an infant. I got myself in the stomach where there is lots of lose skin and didn't feel it. Today and tomorrow are what's known as gorging days where I'm fat loading. This helps the HCG sort of saturate my system and primes the pump so to speak. Friday on are the low calorie days and it's very restrictive on what types of food I can eat. Some vegetables are even off of the ok list and it says I need to be very cautious about what I put on my body such as lotions or makeup. Oils can be absorbed by the skin and cause the HCG to be less effective. Since it's a month long there's some wiggle room for trial and error so long as I'm aware of what I'm putting on/in me. Another thing they stressed is to be mindful of seasonings. Garlic salt was used repeatedly as an example of what is not allowable as it often has high fructose corn syrup or other sugar. Stevia as a sweetener is preferred. I found some packets at the grocery store but not the clear stevia or flavored stevia I was looking for. Anyone know where I can get some?

I'll let you know what happens. Due to the fat loading I fully expect to gain a bit today and tomorrow. Oh and one of the first questions I asked was if it would interfere with my birth control pills. The answer was no it would not.

Ok I have become thoroughly intrigued by this idea and decided to give it a shot (no pun intended btw). I've been at a plateau for the last year and a half despite fills, *puke* unfills, eating right, and upping my exercise. Very frustrating to say the least.

Today was shot number 1 and I weighed in this morning at 212. The needles are tiny like what they would use on an infant. I got myself in the stomach where there is lots of lose skin and didn't feel it. Today and tomorrow are what's known as gorging days where I'm fat loading. This helps the HCG sort of saturate my system and primes the pump so to speak. Friday on are the low calorie days and it's very restrictive on what types of food I can eat. Some vegetables are even off of the ok list and it says I need to be very cautious about what I put on my body such as lotions or makeup. Oils can be absorbed by the skin and cause the HCG to be less effective. Since it's a month long there's some wiggle room for trial and error so long as I'm aware of what I'm putting on/in me. Another thing they stressed is to be mindful of seasonings. Garlic salt was used repeatedly as an example of what is not allowable as it often has high fructose corn syrup or other sugar. Stevia as a sweetener is preferred. I found some packets at the grocery store but not the clear stevia or flavored stevia I was looking for. Anyone know where I can get some?

I'll let you know what happens. Due to the fat loading I fully expect to gain a bit today and tomorrow. Oh and one of the first questions I asked was if it would interfere with my birth control pills. The answer was no it would not.

TRY MARLENE'S MARKET AND DELI, THEY HAVE ONE IN TACOMA. THEY SHOULD CARRY STEVIA

KEEP US POSTED :)

Hi Clynn,

Please keep posting about your hCG journey. I'm very interested in trying this if my re-fill next week doesn't help things along....Good luck!

Wow, I'm surprised this thread is still going.

We seem to be firmly entrenched into two (2) camps, those who think this is just more multi-biliion dollar diet industry quackery and those who think this is a sound, medically tested way to lose weight.

I thought the original post was asking for comments and suggestions, NOT what has essentially become a spitting contest between opposing points of view.

Perhaps when we post, the poster should make it clear which point of view they are looking for, that way those of us who disagree need not apply.

I agree with lisal, we are adults, we can make our own decisions. We certainly do NOT need 100% agreement or approval from others.

If you try this stuff, I would be interested in hearing your experience with it. Primarily:

What your side effects were?

How restrictive the diet is?

Results?

How long did the results last after you stopped the diet and injections?

How much exercise were you required to do?

Good luck to anyone trying this stuff.

Dawn

It’s been around for over 50 years, studies have been done on it since the 70's.

It’s not been found to be harmful, however there are no studies that show it actually works - I do B12 shots, love them (for the way they make me feel - I don't lose weight with them) and many feel it’s a placebo effect - I don't care - they work for me. It’s the same concept - if it works for you go for it - we're adults and will make our own decisions - what I like about this is you find different viewpoints to gather data.

Would I do it - no, but don’t care if someone else does. It’s your money and your body - so your decision.

Best,

Lisa

You can google it for weightloss and find MANY positive studies from people who USED it. Not people just trying to blow smoke! Like I said, I have had 2 aunts do it, one lost 60 and one lost 30. They both got to their goal. My mom did it, I did it, my cousin did it. All at the same clinic, Transformations weight loss in Tulsa Oklahoma. My Aunt who lost 60 would fly there from Michigan to do it! I don't know of anyone that has done it after the band, but I dont know why it wouldnt work just as well, if not better. I agree we see all viewpoints here, but again, seems we should be doing more research and talk to the people who actually took it. Rather than googling and make our own minds up. lol Funny how you can google negatives about HCG and find it. You can also google negatives about Lapband, but we all still chose to do it. You can always call a clinic and get your own info. I am going to do it, but my first month will be about 225.00 for bloodwork and HCG. That is going to have to wait a few weeks.

[

Or were you just told that because someone wants a grandbaby.......hmmmmmmmmmmm

(just kidding) The low dose should have no effect on any of your medications, including birth control pills.

[

Or were you just told that because someone wants a grandbaby.......hmmmmmmmmmmm

(just kidding) The low dose should have no effect on any of your medications, including birth control pills.

ROF ROBYN, YOU'RE TOO FUNNY!!! ALL IN GOOD TIME MY DEAR :)

I do not know why anyone is shocked about the thread still going. This is a fascinating topic. I STILL get people badmouthing the band and not "getting" it as to why I have one in. Never mind that it has assisted me in losing 45 lbs to date.

MOST things that cause controversy or are outside our "knowledge" zone create very sharp opinions.

And Dawn, if I asked a question it is because I value what people on this forum have to contribute...good or bad.

I see NO reason to shove opinions down others throats, there is better ways to draw bears to honey (or your side of the fence) than through spouting snottiness or hostility.

With that said, I am with Clynn - I am willing to give this a whirl for 4-8 weeks to see what happens. It is my money and to be quite honest. I am at 3.9cc's in a 4.0 band. I am not willing to get another tweak only so I end up gagging on my food until 6 pm at night (or later). Been there...done it....and boy does it SUCK.

I am going in on Friday to try the HCG. I am not going to the nurses up north that everyone uses because they want to see me every other week and it is a 2-3 hour (one way) drive. *sigh

I tried very hard to look at my schedule and it is just too much of a burden to go that far. The place I found has 6 centers...one about a minute from my house. (Tacoma, Federal Way, etc)

I am voluntarily having my doctor do a full metabolic bloodwork screen tomorrow(they do not require it)...I want to know where I am at for my own peace of mind.

then they do a body composition,..that is how they are going to set up my caloric needs. They do not adhere to the 500 calories as they believe people need more than that and they do not want people going into starvation mode.

so initial appt is $159.00 and weekly HCG (6 days shots on ...1 day off) is $35.00 if I do it myself. Which I can do no problem.

I decided I am going to try it for two months...to the end of August. I will keep everyone posted as I am sure Clynn will as well to see if this busts through the dang plateau I have been on for 4 months now.

I did look at their "client" books and was very impressed with the results I saw. One lady lost 55 lbs in just over 4 months. She even took before and afters in her bikini..LOL

I think I am going to do the same. NOT that I want to scare anyone with before shots. ;D

The nurse did say that they have had a few band patients come to them for "plateau" situations and they have done better than expected.

*Clynn - If you need some stevia, PM me your address and I will drop a bottle in the mail for you. I make mine into simple syrup (1 cup stevia to 1 cup hot water - store in fridge)

TTFN

Hey Clynn and LisaLaw!

Do you have to go through a detox? Did a little research and a couple of places require (purchased) supplements and whole body detox before you actually get started.

Nope, which is good because I don't put much stock in detoxes and probably wouldn't have done it anyway.

Nope, which is good because I don't put much stock in detoxes and probably wouldn't have done it anyway.

nope...me neither and ditto on doing a detox.

They don't require a detox in Tulsa either. They will also send them by mail to you. If you fax your weight and bp every two weeks. Not sure if they require the initial visit or if you can get your blood work elsewhere and they mail everything. I will find out, maybe folks that dont have a center near you can do it at Transformations via mail.

I do not know why anyone is shocked about the thread still going. This is a fascinating topic. I STILL get people badmouthing the band and not "getting" it as to why I have one in. Never mind that it has assisted me in losing 45 lbs to date.

MOST things that cause controversy or are outside our "knowledge" zone create very sharp opinions.

And Dawn, if I asked a question it is because I value what people on this forum have to contribute...good or bad.

I see NO reason to shove opinions down others throats, there is better ways to draw bears to honey (or your side of the fence) than through spouting snottiness or hostility.

With that said, I am with Clynn - I am willing to give this a whirl for 4-8 weeks to see what happens. It is my money and to be quite honest. I am at 3.9cc's in a 4.0 band. I am not willing to get another tweak only so I end up gagging on my food until 6 pm at night (or later). Been there...done it....and boy does it SUCK.

I am going in on Friday to try the HCG. I am not going to the nurses up north that everyone uses because they want to see me every other week and it is a 2-3 hour (one way) drive. *sigh

I tried very hard to look at my schedule and it is just too much of a burden to go that far. The place I found has 6 centers...one about a minute from my house. (Tacoma, Federal Way, etc)

I am voluntarily having my doctor do a full metabolic bloodwork screen tomorrow(they do not require it)...I want to know where I am at for my own peace of mind.

then they do a body composition,..that is how they are going to set up my caloric needs. They do not adhere to the 500 calories as they believe people need more than that and they do not want people going into starvation mode.

so initial appt is $159.00 and weekly HCG (6 days shots on ...1 day off) is $35.00 if I do it myself. Which I can do no problem.

I decided I am going to try it for two months...to the end of August. I will keep everyone posted as I am sure Clynn will as well to see if this busts through the dang plateau I have been on for 4 months now.

I did look at their "client" books and was very impressed with the results I saw. One lady lost 55 lbs in just over 4 months. She even took before and afters in her bikini..LOL

I think I am going to do the same. NOT that I want to scare anyone with before shots. ;D

The nurse did say that they have had a few band patients come to them for "plateau" situations and they have done better than expected.

*Clynn - If you need some stevia, PM me your address and I will drop a bottle in the mail for you. I make mine into simple syrup (1 cup stevia to 1 cup hot water - store in fridge)

TTFN

LISA,

CAN YOU PM ME OR JUST POST THE PLACE IN FW? I'M JUST BETWEEN FW AND AUBURN SO MY FRIEND PLANS ON DOING THIS

TTFN

Thanks for the offer. I've been asking around and I think I've found a few local places which look promising.