men lapbanders

hey whats up. im going in to get my surgery on sept. 25th and i have not met or even spoken with any men who have had the surgery. im just looking for some guys that have gotten it or are in the process because ive only talked to women

THERE'S SEVERAL MAN ON THE BOARD, ONE WILL POP UP HERE :)

NOTHING WRONG WITH TALKIN TO US GALS THOUGH :P BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR UP COMING SURGERY

There are several of us 'real men' who have had the surgery. We just rather let the girls talk. Glad you have made the right decision for you. Only word of advice is" remember this is a tool that will only assist you in your quest." Just as a sword only assisted a knight.

Use it wisely and it will be there to help you thru the hard times and you will reach your goal.

I personally tried for years to lose weight with various programs and was temporarily successful with some. This tool has worked very well for me and I would do it again in a New York minute.

Best of Luck to you.

Darrel

My husband had the surgery with me on Sept 19th of last year. He is very happy he did it. I can ask him to respond to you if you would like. I need to create him a log on. He doesnt get on these type of things. But he has lost 65 pounds and looks great. Men do better than woman from what I understand. He is losing much faster than me.

I was banded with another fella in August...and I work with a banded fella so they are definitely out there! Glad to have you onboard! :-h

Eddie,

My husband has a lapband but like Stormy's husband, he does not participate on the forum. He has lost between 35 and 45 pounds (he bounces up and down). He looks great and feels better too. I know that does not sound like that much but he had a lower BMI to start and now he is able to maintain his weightloss better.

I see guys on here from time to time, not too much though.

Good luck with your surgery.

hey whats up. im going in to get my surgery on sept. 25th and i have not met or even spoken with any men who have had the surgery. im just looking for some guys that have gotten it or are in the process because ive only talked to women

Here at the forum we have a great mix of men and women. I think most men are to busy to post or they just don't want to bother with it? Who knows. LOL. But, if you have any questions that you don't want to post feel free to email me at www.lapbandforummoderator@gmail.com

Iwas banded April 6, 2009. I lost 45 pounds preop and 45 post op for a total of 90 pounds. If you take it from my highest i'm over 100 pounds gone.

You won't regret having this done. Best of luck .

Greg