Does Dr. Ortiz take requests?

The subject of the different types/brands of gastric bands currently in use that's been brought up in another thread has gotten me thinking. After lots of research and reading, I think I have a slight preference for the Inamed band - and was hoping to get the 4cc size as I (like everybody else, I know! :) ) am hoping to get restriction as soon as possible. Also, I'm going to be using Fill Centers, or possibly a local doctor I know who does fills under flouro, and I'd prefer not to have to go back 10 times to get any restriction at all. So here's my question - is it possible to request a specific band (leaving the ultimate decision up to Dr. Ortiz, of course)? - but is he at all open to patient suggestions? Obviously, he is the expert and I want him to make the ultimate decision - it's just that if it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, I'd prefer the 4cc Inamed. I'm just curious - I know I'm being a bit of a control-freak about this - it's nerves, I think! :rolleyes:

The subject of the different types/brands of gastric bands currently in use that's been brought up in another thread has gotten me thinking. After lots of research and reading, I think I have a slight preference for the Inamed band - and was hoping to get the 4cc size as I (like everybody else, I know! :) ) am hoping to get restriction as soon as possible. Also, I'm going to be using Fill Centers, or possibly a local doctor I know who does fills under flouro, and I'd prefer not to have to go back 10 times to get any restriction at all. So here's my question - is it possible to request a specific band (leaving the ultimate decision up to Dr. Ortiz, of course)? - but is he at all open to patient suggestions? Obviously, he is the expert and I want him to make the ultimate decision - it's just that if it's six of one, half a dozen of the other, I'd prefer the 4cc Inamed. I'm just curious - I know I'm being a bit of a control-freak about this - it's nerves, I think! :rolleyes:

I have the same question, and I originally wanted the realize band becouse from my own person research, it sounded like the best option at the time. I want restriction ASAP so I am now wanting the 4ml band too. Well, we'll be there together so it'll be interesting to see what we get.