DECEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angie - good luck with the fill tomorrow. Did you go to OCC?

How is everyone doing on their pre-op diets? I was down 4 lbs. but am up 3!!! :angry: Need to get my butt in gear these coming two weeks. I am getting a little noivuss because I have not received my passport yet. Should be here any day though.

Angie - good luck with the fill tomorrow. Did you go to OCC?

How is everyone doing on their pre-op diets? I was down 4 lbs. but am up 3!!! mad.gif Need to get my butt in gear these coming two weeks. I am getting a little noivuss because I have not received my passport yet. Should be here any day though.

Thanks Steph! I am looking forward to my next fill and learning curve. At least I will have time to get use to this fill before Christmas. (What I am really saying here is before I have to eat in front of an audiance....which will be my entire family at Christmas.)

I am sure I will be posting or blogging about it as soon as I am able.

Haven't stepped on the scale....really want to, but I am holding true.

I understand about eating in front of the family. I will be one week post surgery on Christmas day. sad.gif I have to make a big dinner for the family. They all know that I will be on my liquid diet so it will be ok hopefully.

Where do you get your fills?

I've found local after care at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. They are wonderful! I love the staff and the surgeons. There is actually one gal who is sub par but I really don't know her. She seems like she is all business and I am a chatty Kathy....um can you tell. LOL I am sure at some point I will wear her down. It's hard not to get along with me. I have that kind of personality. I kinda grow on the people who don't get me right away.....

Congrats to you!!! I got banded a week ago today...the hardest part is that I am here alone in Florida...just moved here in July due to a job promo. Glad I found this forum though. Hang in there!!! I am NOT sorry I did this and you won't be either.

Felicia

I'm getting banded on 12/11/09! I'm so new to this and I just did it! I feel wonderful!

Hi everyone...I just scheduled my appointment yesterday for December 18th!!! So excited but nervous at the same time. I am freaking out over whether or not to just go alone or try and get my honey's passport, days off etc. I am also waiting for an answer from the finance company. I do not see why they would not approve me but still...it is nerve wracking.

Is anyone else getting their surgery on the 18th?

Hi, I was banded on Nov. 24th and went by myself. It was so easy and so many wonderful people at OCC and the Hotel. I stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights and the service was nice. Make sure you try the both ...its really good (Thanks Maureen for telling me about it). The trip going back to the air port was smooth, the hotel driver tells you each step of the way to get through the boarder. I took my lap top so I could keep in contact with my family from the hotel. They have free internet, I did not use my phone because it would cost to much. At OCC you will have access to the internet and phones anytime also. I was nervous !! but it was easy, you will meet others that are having it done or there for fills. Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Janice ~

I'm getting banded on 12/11/09! I'm so new to this and I just did it! I feel wonderful!

Hello there Funmama!! Congrats on getting banded this coming Friday~!! I will be there also for a check up and most likely surgery! I shall

see you there! My name is Cheryl by the way :) Have a safe trip and perhaps we can walk together Fri eve in the center after surgery!

**I FORGOT how to post and do stuff on here! It's been FOREVER! AHHHHHH! :o

Angie - how did the fill go today?

Hi Felicia - congrats on the band. :)

Cheryl - good luck this Friday. Let us know how it was.

Janice- thanks for the reassurance. I would not mind going alone but my honey is freaking out. I am freaking out because I don't want to leave the kids alone for three nights. Our son has Autism so it is hard for him to understand why we are not there. I will definitely try the broth.

Hello there Funmama!! Congrats on getting banded this coming Friday~!! I will be there also for a check up and most likely surgery! I shall

see you there! My name is Cheryl by the way smile.gif Have a safe trip and perhaps we can walk together Fri eve in the center after surgery!

**I FORGOT how to post and do stuff on here! It's been FOREVER! AHHHHHH! ohmy.gif

Welcome back! Why do you think you will have to have surgery? Did something happen to your band or have you been having trouble? I was checking out your stats and noticed your first fill was .6 cc's. My first fill was much like your. I had .7 cc's added to my band. I just had a fill yesterday.....it was my 5th fill!! WOW! I am amazed. My last 2 fills were good. The first 3 fills were alright but the fluid ran through my band with ease. The last 2 the fluid was slower to pass. Yes! I am hoping I can go for a while now with out another fill. It's cost me $1350 so far this year. I was banded in April. Yikes!

Welcome back! Why do you think you will have to have surgery? Did something happen to your band or have you been having trouble? I was checking out your stats and noticed your first fill was .6 cc's. My first fill was much like your. I had .7 cc's added to my band. I just had a fill yesterday.....it was my 5th fill!! WOW! I am amazed. My last 2 fills were good. The first 3 fills were alright but the fluid ran through my band with ease. The last 2 the fluid was slower to pass. Yes! I am hoping I can go for a while now with out another fill. It's cost me $1350 so far this year. I was banded in April. Yikes!

HEY ANGIE~

Thanx for the greeting...... I appreciate your 'frustration' with the fill issue, however~ it does take time to find that 'sweet spot' so please hon, try not to be concerned with how many you have. It's YOUR RIGHT to seek out what feels perfect to you! (yes, I read ur issue w/having #5 and the readable sighs <_< ) Although the money part truly does hit us hard, that's for sure! Congrats on this one, it sounds like it may be the ticket!

Yes, to answer your question~ something did happen to require a 2nd surgery... I will offer detail if you're still interested after surgery. I cannot really say what the problem is~ due to not having an endoscopy/flouro done yet. I have my opinion, but of course I'm not a doctor..... So rather than be negative I will put the past 2 1/2 years behind me and go forward with a healthy positive attitude and get this weight OFFFFFFFF! :D WOO HOO! It can be done, as my band sister has lost 100 lbs and her surgery was a week after mine! So I know that I know it's possible! Alrightie, I need to get off the 'puter and back to packing! sigh.... We are staying 5 days again so we can SHOP SHOP SHOP! Perfect timing for Christmas gifts! Yay! Take care and I will update my progress soon! :)

Me too, I'm sure we will see each other there. Good Luck!!!!!

Hi Tamcat~ I will be having surgery on the 11th also! See you at OCC! It's so very nice there.... the staff are so very considerate and truly care about the patients!

Cheryl

HEY ANGIE~

Thanx for the greeting...... I appreciate your 'frustration' with the fill issue, however~ it does take time to find that 'sweet spot' so please hon, try not to be concerned with how many you have. It's YOUR RIGHT to seek out what feels perfect to you! (yes, I read ur issue w/having #5 and the readable sighs dry.gif ) Although the money part truly does hit us hard, that's for sure! Congrats on this one, it sounds like it may be the ticket!

Yes, to answer your question~ something did happen to require a 2nd surgery... I will offer detail if you're still interested after surgery. I cannot really say what the problem is~ due to not having an endoscopy/flouro done yet. I have my opinion, but of course I'm not a doctor..... So rather than be negative I will put the past 2 1/2 years behind me and go forward with a healthy positive attitude and get this weight OFFFFFFFF! biggrin.gif WOO HOO! It can be done, as my band sister has lost 100 lbs and her surgery was a week after mine! So I know that I know it's possible! Alrightie, I need to get off the 'puter and back to packing! sigh.... We are staying 5 days again so we can SHOP SHOP SHOP! Perfect timing for Christmas gifts! Yay! Take care and I will update my progress soon! smile.gif

Well I hope all goes well and it is the BEST possible outcome. I know you are right with building up.....I think I am doing good with having patients....then.....a rant. LOL Well let me tell ya, I love this band and am So grateful to have it. I would be interested to know what is up with your and the band.

Thinking good thoughts for you!

I had to move my surgery back. <_< I'm now being banded on Jan. 14th. My kids have gone through 2 week stomach viruses that really wiped them out. My youngest is just coming around. Carolyn was very nice about moving it, but I feel awful because now there's a spot open that they were not expecting. So with the holidays and my kids being sick I was just feeling too stressed about going this weekend.

Now I'm in a great place. So Jan. 14th it is!

I had to move my surgery back. <_< I'm now being banded on Jan. 14th. My kids have gone through 2 week stomach viruses that really wiped them out. My youngest is just coming around. Carolyn was very nice about moving it, but I feel awful because now there's a spot open that they were not expecting. So with the holidays and my kids being sick I was just feeling too stressed about going this weekend.

Now I'm in a great place. So Jan. 14th it is!

No worries! It will be here before you know it! The waiting time flies by so quickly. You will be glad you waited.

Hi!

I am really new to this but I was just banded 12/9/09. Part of me is pacing my house still thinking I am completely crazy for doing this and the other part of me is so excited to begin my transformation that I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

I am 31 yrs old, 5'1" and before pre-op diet I weighed 238, day of surgery I was 229.

So far so good except for my shoulder pain which seems really weird.

Hi!

I am really new to this but I was just banded 12/9/09. Part of me is pacing my house still thinking I am completely crazy for doing this and the other part of me is so excited to begin my transformation that I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

I am 31 yrs old, 5'1" and before pre-op diet I weighed 238, day of surgery I was 229.

So far so good except for my shoulder pain which seems really weird.

Congrats on your step to a new life!!! You will not be sorry :wub: I had my band on Nov. 24th and every day I wake up thinking one more step to feeling free. My husband keep says he can already see that I have lost weight in my face... Kids call and ask how I am doing each day too. As for the shoulder pain keep doing the windmills with your arms and it will help. Good luck and please keep us posted are how you are feeling and doing. Also, coming on this sight each day reading all the wonderful family member's stories will help with any questions you might have. :)

my date was changed from dec 17th to dec 28th... passport issues.. other than that.. i would've been banded today!! <_<

any one getting banded on the 28th??

I will be there the 28th banded the 29th :)