DECEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

December,, it's that month we all love, it's a month of food. Everywhere you turn there's parties and family get togethers. Between Thanksgiving and New Years, it seems that's all we do is eat. I've always said that whenever a patient schedules their surgery or fill in this month, they must be one serious,, committed, on a mission person. It takes a lot of courage to get banded or schedule an adjustment during this month. So lets hear from all of the December bandsters. This is where you can hook up and meet those who have no fear. They have decided enough is enough and have taken charge of their weight issues. The December bandster is a real hero and inspiration.

PS,, Truthfully,, All bandsters are hero's!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I was banded Dec, 8th, 2008 so my 1 year bandiversary is almost here!

I have had 2 fills and have not restriction - had to reschedule my 3rd fill to December 2nd. Hopefully I will have some restriction after that. It is a struggle to not overeat. And lately I can even eat bread and that is NOT good!

Judi

Hi everyone...I just scheduled my appointment yesterday for December 18th!!! So excited but nervous at the same time. I am freaking out over whether or not to just go alone or try and get my honey's passport, days off etc. I am also waiting for an answer from the finance company. I do not see why they would not approve me but still...it is nerve wracking.

Is anyone else getting their surgery on the 18th?

HI JudiM...

I had the same thing... some days could eat wotever I wanted and some days couldnt eat at all... after a year of frustration i changed surgeons and found my band had slipped and the stitches had unattached.... maybe its time to get them to investigate for slippage or tearage of stitches.... I had my surgery this week and after many fills and dissapointment i just hope i am on the way to success that i just desire!!!

I was banded Dec, 8th, 2008 so my 1 year bandiversary is almost here!

I have had 2 fills and have not restriction - had to reschedule my 3rd fill to December 2nd. Hopefully I will have some restriction after that. It is a struggle to not overeat. And lately I can even eat bread and that is NOT good!

Judi

Hi Judi!

I'm having my first fill ever (!) on Dec.2. I fly in at 12:25 and should be at OCC by 1:15ish. I'm scheduled to be spending the night of the 2nd at the Lucerna and leaving for home (Canada) the following morning .

Maybe we can connect and have some 'bandtalk' !!

Please email me if you wish and we can make some plans!!!

Cheers,

Cheryl

I'm coming down and arriving at San Diego Airport around 5:30 on Thurs., Dec 3rd.. and having fill, floro, and maybe port replacement if they find my port is leaking. I am flying home around 6:00 on Friday Dec 4th. Not sure if i'm going to stay at Lucerna.. see there are some other hotels in the area as well, for a little cheaper (but still getting good reviews on Trip Advisor. Anybody else going to be there on the Thurs., Dec 3rd in the evening?

Anita

I'm coming down and arriving at San Diego Airport around 5:30 on Thurs., Dec 3rd.. and having fill, floro, and maybe port replacement if they find my port is leaking. I am flying home around 6:00 on Friday Dec 4th. Not sure if i'm going to stay at Lucerna.. see there are some other hotels in the area as well, for a little cheaper (but still getting good reviews on Trip Advisor. Anybody else going to be there on the Thurs., Dec 3rd in the evening?

Anita

Good for you Anita..I'm so glad to hear that it's working out for you to go see Dr.O and get this business all resolved !!! I'll just miss you :( by a few hours..I leave San Diego for Victoria early on Thursday morning. Good luck and keep in touch with all your updates on your new sucess!!!

Cheryl

Wow... I can't believe it either. Too bad we didn't talk sooner Cheryl. Did I ever back back to you on the "Allegiant Air" flights that I take out of Bellingham? If I didn't I apologize. I will keep you informed, absolutely. I will post on here when I get back. Thanks for your support.. :D

Good for you Anita..I'm so glad to hear that it's working out for you to go see Dr.O and get this business all resolved !!! I'll just miss you :( by a few hours..I leave San Diego for Victoria early on Thursday morning. Good luck and keep in touch with all your updates on your new sucess!!!

Cheryl

Im staying at the marriot, however im getting my pre ops/tests and surgery on the same day. So I will leave Los Angeles Thursday morning around 5amish..probably make it in mexico by 8am...and ill stay in the hospital on Friday , then they should let me go home Saturday. So technically the room is really for my boyfriend..If I ever let him leave my side! hahah