No more liquids!

I can eat food today. So what am I having right now? Drinkable yogurt. I'm kind of scared to eat.

HAPPY DAY 22!!

I was scared too, but quickly got over that in a few days!! There was no pain when I started eating, but now that I've been on solids for a week, it's VERY hard not to get back into the habit of overeating or eating foods that are bad for me. :(

I had one tiny piece of my son's PB and honey sandwich. That is all the solid food I have had. I am very nervous about slipping back into old habits. Drinking kind of just takes the guess work out of it. But I think I will have something solid for dinner. Maybe 1/3 of a bean burrito (no cheese), lots of hot salsa. But I'm still not sure!

I had one tiny piece of my son's PB and honey sandwich. That is all the solid food I have had. I am very nervous about slipping back into old habits. Drinking kind of just takes the guess work out of it. But I think I will have something solid for dinner. Maybe 1/3 of a bean burrito (no cheese), lots of hot salsa. But I'm still not sure!

Be careful with the bean burrito. Flour Torrtilla's get stuck so bad for me. I used eggs and cripsy toast for my first meal. But everyone is different for sure. You will have to experiment. Ground meat also worked very well for me in the beginning as well as after a fill. I can't hardly eat chicken breast at all.

I have only weighed myself once since the surgery and since the surgery I have only lost like 7 pounds. There's still calories in drinkable yogurt. :)

Have you lost 7lbs in the first 21 days of liquids? How much do you have to loose all together?

Hey there - just wondered how the solid foods are going? I will be there on Tuesday! Yay! Even though, strangely, I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be. I think I am scared of gaining back weight as well - although, my loss on the 21 days of liquids was REALLY small - like 3 lbs. I'm thinking it's cause I couldn't really eat low carb - oddly enough, when I started adding in more creamy soups and higher-calorie stuff, I actually seemed to lose more weight. The human body is a weird thing, huh? :)

Yeah, I'm not so thrilled with the food stage... It's scary! I did eat Mexican food yesterday and I got full fast. Weird! I don't think there is any restriction in my band right now, right? Also, I had ice cream two nights in a row. Argh. Today has been more moderate. I'm actually thinking of doing the pre-op diet again until I get my first fill on November 4.

I don't know! Maybe my stomach got used to smaller portions. ??? I'm still so glad I had the surgery. Even though I have to wait to get a fill, I'm confident that this was a great choice for me.

I just wanted to write, dont think anyone answered your question. If you got banded at the OCC, (sorry did not look) you have nothing in your band. The phase that you are entering is known as "Bandster Hell" because YOU have to control the food that you eat. The band will control to a point, but it will get easier to eat more and more until you cant get your fill. I actually went back 2 weeks after my first fill and got my second. I would suggest to you to start weighing your food and counting your calories. Stick to the bandster eating rules as much as you can and if you do this, you will be ok until you get some restriction with a fill.

Hang in there, you will do GREAT!

Carrie

I just wanted to write, dont think anyone answered your question. If you got banded at the OCC, (sorry did not look) you have nothing in your band. The phase that you are entering is known as "Bandster Hell" because YOU have to control the food that you eat. The band will control to a point, but it will get easier to eat more and more until you cant get your fill. I actually went back 2 weeks after my first fill and got my second. I would suggest to you to start weighing your food and counting your calories. Stick to the bandster eating rules as much as you can and if you do this, you will be ok until you get some restriction with a fill.

Carrie

Hey, everybody - well, there is one thing that Dr. Ortiz told me that's a little bit different from what's stated above (although I don't know if it really makes a difference or not) - is that the new bands they're using (the Realize 11 cc's) are "primed" with a little saline going in, and that makes them easier to fill. This came up because I had asked him if it was harder to get restriction from the Realize band since they're bigger (as opposed to the J&J 4 cc bands) and he said, no, not at all. He said, in fact, he feels it's easier because they are "primed" and "take the fill easier." Soooooo, take what you will from that - I don't know if it actually provides any restriction or not (I can tell you I don't seem to be very restricted at all right now) - but according to Dr. O, there is a little bit of saline in the Realize bands going in.

• 2 months later...

Carrie

this is what i was waiting for.. i came to read this thread because im on day 22 today. and it was pretty much asking what i wanted to knoow.. buuuuuut. i had a burrito yesterday (tortilla didnt stick) and i ate the whole thing! and i was full for the rest of the day.. but i just realized i ate the whoooole thing! i was so scared! i thought i might have stretched out my pouch or stomach and well i scared the hell out of myself! so i went to sams club bought all my veggies and salmon and tilapia and chicken and ... well u get it.. im starting a meal plan today of portion control and well i realized i can't just depend on the fact that i was banned.. i needed to jump on the band wagon... thanx luv.. i feel better. and determined.

Hey, everybody - well, there is one thing that Dr. Ortiz told me that's a little bit different from what's stated above (although I don't know if it really makes a difference or not) - is that the new bands they're using (the Realize 11 cc's) are "primed" with a little saline going in, and that makes them easier to fill. This came up because I had asked him if it was harder to get restriction from the Realize band since they're bigger (as opposed to the J&J 4 cc bands) and he said, no, not at all. He said, in fact, he feels it's easier because they are "primed" and "take the fill easier." Soooooo, take what you will from that - I don't know if it actually provides any restriction or not (I can tell you I don't seem to be very restricted at all right now) - but according to Dr. O, there is a little bit of saline in the Realize bands going in.

really?? i have a J&J band and i was banded on dec 28th 2009... when were u banded?