Gall Stones

I have been experiencing a great deal of vomiting lately, but it is not due to over eating or eating the wrong thing. It's very bitter and orange in color. I have heard of band patients having gallstone troubles after excessive weight loss, and I was wondering if anyone has had this trouble? I have lost 150 since I had my surgery in Oct. 2007. I was wondering if what I am experiencing might be gallstones due to my wonderful, wonderful weight loss. What should I do?

I have been experiencing a great deal of vomiting lately, but it is not due to over eating or eating the wrong thing. It's very bitter and orange in color. I have heard of band patients having gallstone troubles after excessive weight loss, and I was wondering if anyone has had this trouble? I have lost 150 since I had my surgery in Oct. 2007. I was wondering if what I am experiencing might be gallstones due to my wonderful, wonderful weight loss. What should I do?

I think you need to be tested. Sounds like you are right, go in and your Dr will order a test. The test is not fun, but it will confirm your thoughts quickly. No sense being in pain. :D

I just had my gall bladder out about 10 days ago. I vomited from pain but nothing came up. When I went to the doctor the first thing they asked was where was the pain, and from that they knew it was my gall bladder. I experienced pain beginning in the pit of my stomach and radiating around the right side to my back. I was diagnosed with gall bladder disease which means it was swollen and infected and full or stones.

Hope you feel better.

Gallstones are pretty common and can be associated with rapid weight loss. CottonwoodAZ is correct, your doctor may do an ultasound of your upper abdominal area. It doesn't hurt and you will see pretty quickly if you have a lot of gallstones sitting in there. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

dawn

I don't have gallstones but I do have a dead gallbladder compliments of my weight loss, but I'd do it all over again. You seriously need to call your doctor first thing tomorrow morning. This doesn't sound like a situation in which those of us on this forum can diagnose/help you with, other than to say "Call Your Doctor!"