First fill. How long did you wait

Hi everybody. I am just curious if anyone else out there in band land did not get your first fill for quite awhile. I was reading that you don't need to get a fill until you have slowed down your losing and have only lost 0-1 pounds a week for 3 weeks.

I was banded Sept 29th and am doing great. On average I lose 3 pounds a week and am not really hungry at this point so I don't feel like i need to go and get a fill.

Is there anyone else out there who did not get their first fill at 6-8 weeks but waited longer?

Debbie

just wanted to say you are doing great! I am so happy for you!

Um- I cant remember my first fill lol - Ill have to wait until I post this to see when it was!! Sorry :S Thats what happens after almost a year!

keep up the awesome work!

Thanks. My goal is to be at my goal (175) by Sept 29th which will be my bandversary.

Debbie

I didn't feel any restriction after surgery so I had a fill exactly 6 weeks post-op. Still trying to figure it all out. Sometimes I feel restriction and sometimes I don't. Weird. RevyD, that is fantastic that you do feel restriction just from surgery.

I say let it ride as long as you can and save yourself some money! I wouldn't push it and get too tight - if you are losing that much each week and feeling satisfied with your meals then there is no reason to go in.

I planned my first fill before I even had surgery, but that is b/c my fill doctor takes forever to get into. I figured if I didn't need it i'd reschedule but oh dear lord I needed mine! I was sooo ready! Didn't do much for me it took me three before I felt anything.

Keep up the great work!

RevyD, holy moly lady! You are doing fantastic!!!

Once I was able to get a good routine of solids, I found I could eat more so I went in at 6 1/2 weeks. It's all personal preference.

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I am inspired everyday reading this forum and comments from people such as your self. You don't even look like the same person in your before and after pics.

Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to all of us

Debbie

Hey there RevyD - I got my first fill right at 6 weeks, and I was ready too. Girl you are blessed and on fire! Love it!

Thanks Angie. I hope I can continue at this pace and stay on fire. I know with all your support it sure is inspiring

Debbie

I say let it ride as long as you can and save yourself some money! I wouldn't push it and get too tight - if you are losing that much each week and feeling satisfied with your meals then there is no reason to go in.

I planned my first fill before I even had surgery, but that is b/c my fill doctor takes forever to get into. I figured if I didn't need it i'd reschedule but oh dear lord I needed mine! I was sooo ready! Didn't do much for me it took me three before I felt anything.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the advice. I think I will wait as long as I possibly can. Who knows maybe I will be one of those people who go the whole time and never need a fill. Wouldnt that be awesom!

Thanks for all the inspiration. Reading your posts is always get me encouraged and inspired. How is your brother doing?

Debbie

revvy,

You and I had surgery the same day. Im so glad that you are doing so well. I lost 17 pounds on the 21 liquid phase, but as soon as I started to add soups then solids, my weight has crept back up. I havent gained it all back though. Definantly needing a fill. Going to the OCC this weekend and hopefully I will feel the way I did or close to it, from the restriction that I felt after surgery. My eating habbits are returning. The only reason why I even know at this point that I am banded, is that I can feel my port.

revvy,

You and I had surgery the same day. Im so glad that you are doing so well. I lost 17 pounds on the 21 liquid phase, but as soon as I started to add soups then solids, my weight has crept back up. I havent gained it all back though. Definantly needing a fill. Going to the OCC this weekend and hopefully I will feel the way I did or close to it, from the restriction that I felt after surgery. My eating habbits are returning. The only reason why I even know at this point that I am banded, is that I can feel my port.

Hi . Sorry to hear that things are not going as quickly as you hoped. Hopefully after your fill you will have that restriction and it will help.

Are you excercising because that really helps me.

I follow the 5 points that Dr Ortiz gave and do not stray from them. I do believe that excercise is a real key to the pounds coming off.

Keep me posted how you do after your fill.

Nice to hear from you

Debbie