Life Changing

I have been thinking all week how I was going to feel when this day came. Its amazing how fast this year has FLEW by but it is SO amazing to me how much my life has truly changed inside and out. One year ago today I received my band and the new me. When I came home I kinda guess I thought it was going to happen overnight and honestly never realized for about 3-4 months that I was really changing. A friend of mine who was banded told me to take pic and measure everymonth, which I did because you see yourself everyday and dont see the changes. I have lost 76 pounds in one year! This was honestly the best decision I have made in my life. My attitude is different, my outlook on people, life, work, you name it has changed. I kinda LOVE me now...lol...The mind is a very powerful thing and its amazing to me how it can keep you down. I just wanted to say thank you for all the support everyone on this board has given to me!

There was something that someone wrote about one of my pictures that has really stuck with me and I guess until reading it I did not see it. I just wanted to say THANK YOU Angie for really showing me the real me! She wrote on my year face shot "Carrie - you smile is so alive! It no longer looks painful! You are such a super star!" I read this to my mom and I started crying. I cant even read it now without cyring. It was not only my smile That was NOT alive, I was not alive. I was a MISERABLE person and made everyone around me miserable! This year not only is my smile alive but I am alive! Thank you SO much Angie, you are my super star!

I also wanted to post my measurement. I wished I would have done them at preop! My weight when I started measurements was 238. Today 186...

Surgery .................Today

Neck- 14 .................Neck -13 1/4

Chest-48.5...............Chest- 44 1/4

Arms- 17..................Arms -14

Stomach- 49 ............Stomach - 40 3/4

Hips- 54 ...................Hips -46 1/4

Upper Legs -27..........Legs -23 1/4

This can work, with your determination!!!!! ;)

Carrie

Congrats!!!!!! You have done sooo well you have a lot to be proud of!!!!!!! Feels great to be alive doesn't it!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((Carrie)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Your success has really inspired me. With each day I learn more about myself and the band. I'm so glad I kept my mind open to new ideas and I found this board. I wanted to thank you for your friendship and your continual support. I was so worried the morning of my surgery (part deux) and I am so thankful I took the time to read this board and the message you posted to me.

I'm so proud of you.

xo

Thank you guys!

I have said this before and like Sabrina said, I feel like I know each of you. I have such GREAT friends on this board. The support is amazing and anyone that comes here will find that out!!!!!

I look forward to sharing my advice and continued journey with you!

Thanks again!

Carrie :)

:lb14: Carrie,

You are awesome. I so agree with others that you are truly inspirational and so supportive. I also feel like I know you and so many others on this board.

You are a beautiful person inside and out.

I am with you on finally living. It is so great to be living again....

:lb10: on your success!!!

Hugs,

Kristi

Carrie you are so amazing. It has been really cool to watch you change and grow. I am glad we are all freinds on this board, it helps keep the success building. You look so skinny and hot!

When I commented on your picture, I was hoping it was not a "bad" comment. What struck me was your smile. In the picture at the beginning, you were smiling and happy. But if you look at your lips, it was a labored smile. Not full and beautiful like the current. You can see the difference in your eyes and face. The confidence is gushing. I am glad you didn't want to kick me for leaving the comment! ;)

I am glad we are friends Carrie! You are so encouraging and positive! Hugs girly!

Now we need to meet in real life! So we can shop! LOL

Carrie you are so amazing. It has been really cool to watch you change and grow. I am glad we are all freinds on this board, it helps keep the success building. You look so skinny and hot!

When I commented on your picture, I was hoping it was not a "bad" comment. What struck me was your smile. In the picture at the beginning, you were smiling and happy. But if you look at your lips, it was a labored smile. Not full and beautiful like the current. You can see the difference in your eyes and face. The confidence is gushing. I am glad you didn't want to kick me for leaving the comment! ;)

I am glad we are friends Carrie! You are so encouraging and positive! Hugs girly!

Now we need to meet in real life! So we can shop! LOL

Angie,

The comment you made was in no wasy bad....It really made me realize how far in this journey I have came inside and out. It struck a place in my heart that I will NEVER forget! I thank you SO much for that. You have been such and AMAZING friend to me on this board and YES we have SO got to meet. I have a tripped planned to see my sister in Iowa next year maybe around Christmas time, WOULD love to come for an extra day to see you!!! We will so have to make plans!

Thanks again Angie for EVERYTHING! You are an AMAZING person!

Carrie

Carrie, congrats, you have done such a great job.

I often think about all of us on this board, our ups and downs, and our struggles and the truth is I've had more fun watching your success and enjoy your posts - keep it up - its hard work you've done and you did it well - thanks so much for taking the time to share it with all of us!

Lisa