2 weeks until surgery!

Hey Funmama!

Are you getting your Lapband and OCC? Are you freaking because you are supposed to lose weight during your preop? Many folks here have done the program that Dr Miranda suggests -- protein shake for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, and lean cuisine for dinner. (If you already know this, sorry to be redundant). If you are a patient at OCC, they probably are asking you to lose about 12-14 pounds. If you have to track your food to be successful, lots of folks are posting what they eat right here on this forum. Somehow, when you have to put it out there, in writing, it makes it easier to stick to the plan knowing all of the potential readers that will be holding you accountable. You can do this--and it is so, so worth it!! :)

Hey Funmama!

Are you getting your Lapband and OCC? Are you freaking because you are supposed to lose weight during your preop? Many folks here have done the program that Dr Miranda suggests -- protein shake for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, and lean cuisine for dinner. (If you already know this, sorry to be redundant). If you are a patient at OCC, they probably are asking you to lose about 12-14 pounds. If you have to track your food to be successful, lots of folks are posting what they eat right here on this forum. Somehow, when you have to put it out there, in writing, it makes it easier to stick to the plan knowing all of the potential readers that will be holding you accountable. You can do this--and it is so, so worth it!! :)

Good point! I also email my journal to Dr. So every night like he asked me to. He wants to see my eating habits so he can modify my first fill coming up to meet my needs. He did say that right now it is not so critical since I am still on liquids but that he will be very interested in my journals for weeks 4 & 5. So I do both - post my journals on this forum and email them to Dr. So.

Call Dr. Miranda and see if you can email or fax her your journals on a daily basis yo keep you on track if that will make you feel more comfortable. Also, she can provide you with daily feedback on what you are eating and maybe modify something geared personally to you.

Wow--yes OCC and no one told me about the pre-op diet. I might have seen something now that I'm thinking about it, but there was just so much to read when I started. I just thought I was to do this on my own. I will contact them. I do have a journal and do Isagenix shakes in the morning.

What if the weight doesn't come down in 2 weeks? :yikes

My magic date is 12/11 and I haven't been able to lose the weight! I'm kind of freaking out here.

I am also scheduled for 12/11, I started my diet last wednesday and have lost 7lbs, doing the slim fast, slimfast, lean cusine diet. I have cheated a few day's and eaten 1 shake and two lean cusine's. Don't get discouraged, if you haven't already try it, seems to be working for me.

I talked with Dr. Miranda. I'm now on 3 slim fast shakes a day and no cheating. How the heck am I gonna make this work? I'm just going to try and hold back tomorrow and start the shakes on Fri. WTF was I thinking to do this before the holidays. It's the hunger sensation that weakens me.

I talked with Dr. Miranda. I'm now on 3 slim fast shakes a day and no cheating. How the heck am I gonna make this work? I'm just going to try and hold back tomorrow and start the shakes on Fri. WTF was I thinking to do this before the holidays. It's the hunger sensation that weakens me.

Try to add some ice and put it in the blender!! It will make it a little filling and like a milkshake!! You can do it!!

Hey lady!

Today is a new day! You can do this!! Take it one meal at a time, believe in yourself--you are "strong, fierce, and unstoppable"!!

My magic date is 12/11 and I haven't been able to lose the weight! I'm kind of freaking out here.

((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Theresa)))))))))))))))))))

Congrats on your big decision. If you're looking for confirmation that you're doing the right thing, you've come to the right place. I believe that most people gain 7 to 10 lbs over the holiday season so keep that in mind. In theory even if you're weight remains the same, you've really ahead of the game.

To be honest, I found the pre op very difficult to follow. Not because it was hard, but because my head wasn't in the right place. Do the best you can, and give yourself credit, no matter how small of an amount you wind up losing.

I believe in you!

xo

Thanks. I was all ready to go a month ago. Now as time is getting closer I'm getting more anxious. If I could stick to shakes and/or portion control I wouldn't need to get the band. I'm really trying now!

I just wanted to say that the pre-op diet is to help you, give you a boost before surgery. Alot of times when we are over weight our liver is enlarged, the Doctors need to be able to see and have plenty of "wiggle room". haha

Anyway, we all fail at diets and that is why we chose the band. We need help! Don't look at it as it is a diet over the next month, yet preparing yourself for the operating table. Just 10 lbs can make a big difference. Good Luck & be encouraged! It was hard for all of us, but we did it sweetie, and so will you! :D

Thanks. I was all ready to go a month ago. Now as time is getting closer I'm getting more anxious. If I could stick to shakes and/or portion control I wouldn't need to get the band. I'm really trying now!

Hi Theresa!

I just wanted to say HELLO :D and to tell you that you will do great! I have learnt through this process that ANYTHING is possible and wow what a Ride you are getting on! I did two shakes and one lean cuisine on my pre-op diet and lost 16 pounds in 17 days. I started out at 262 and will be the first to admit that I thought I would NEVER be able to do the pre-op diet. The first 3 days was the hardest for me and if I can do it ANYONE can do it. Something that Dr. Miranda told me to do, which I still do to this day is take 2 fiber pills at 9am and 2 fiber pill at 3pm everyday. This cuts your hunger pains and trust me they do work. It will help, I could tell you what time of the day it was by taking this pills...lol.. Also one chromium pill a day to help with engery.

Good Luck, I am down 76 pounds in one year! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Stay plugged in to this forum, read, post, rant, rave...whatever it takes we are here for you!!!!! ;)

Keep us posted and cant wait to see the new you!!!!

Carrie

Hi Theresa!

I just wanted to say HELLO :D and to tell you that you will do great! I have learnt through this process that ANYTHING is possible and wow what a Ride you are getting on! I did two shakes and one lean cuisine on my pre-op diet and lost 16 pounds in 17 days. I started out at 262 and will be the first to admit that I thought I would NEVER be able to do the pre-op diet. The first 3 days was the hardest for me and if I can do it ANYONE can do it. Something that Dr. Miranda told me to do, which I still do to this day is take 2 fiber pills at 9am and 2 fiber pill at 3pm everyday. This cuts your hunger pains and trust me they do work. It will help, I could tell you what time of the day it was by taking this pills...lol.. Also one chromium pill a day to help with engery.

Good Luck, I am down 76 pounds in one year! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Stay plugged in to this forum, read, post, rant, rave...whatever it takes we are here for you!!!!! ;)

Keep us posted and cant wait to see the new you!!!!

Carrie

Carrie,

Do you take a certain kind of fiber and chromium pills? Or does the OCC recommend any type or brand, etc.? I have set up my surgery for 2/10 and am trying to get all the info I can! :D

Thanks!

Mandy