MY FIRST FILL

I went back to OCC today for my first fill :) Yea!!

Everything went great!!! :wub: Dr. So really put me at ease and answered all my questions. It was very interesting watching as he put the needle into the port. He said "OK, you will feel a pinch" but NOTHING. (not sure if it really did not hurt or it was because I have so much fat there). :o He gave me 2.6 cc's (YEA)

I will be on a liquid diet for the next 3 days. I can drink water up to 5 minutes before eating and 30 minutes after. That's going to be so much easier!!!

My appointment was at 11am and my flight home was at 6:15pm I didn't know how long it would take so I booked the later fight home. It was so fast having the fill I I tried to change my flight but they wanted to charge me $100.00 so I said forget it. Well, the flight ended up being delayed until 6:45pm Thank goodness for iphones :D

:wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub:

I went back to OCC today for my first fill :) Yea!!

Everything went great!!! :wub: Dr. Marco So really put me at ease and answered all my questions. It was very interesting watching as he put the needle into the port. He said "OK, you will feel a pinch" but NOTHING. (not sure if it really did not hurt or it was because I have so much fat there). :o He gave me 2.6 cc's (YEA)

I will be on a liquid diet for the next 3 days. I can drink water up to 5 minutes before eating and 30 minutes after. That's going to be so much easier!!!

My appointment was at 11am and my flight home was at 6:15pm I didn't know how long it would take so I booked the later fight home. It was so fast having the fill I I tried to change my flight but they wanted to charge me $100.00 so I said forget it. Well, the flight ended up being delayed until 6:45pm Thank goodness for iphones :D

:wub::wub: :wub: :wub::wub: :wub:

Hi Janice!

Glad to hear all went well for you! :D I found the fill proceedure to be quite easy especially compared to all the mental apprehension I had prior to it! LOL. I also received 2.6cc's in my 11cc band.

I'm going back on the 29th for my second fill. Would like to feel a tad more restriction and according to my conversation with Dr. So, it normally takes two or three fills to hit that 'sweet spot of desired restriction'.

Only 45 more pounds to go to hit my target..but it's going to take another fill or so to help me STAY there! :D

Best wishes..and remember to chew 30 times before swallowing!! Especially if you are out somewhere for dinner... I was Bad once..and it was an experience not to repeat!! LOL

Cheryl

Hi Janice!

Glad to hear all went well for you! :D I found the fill proceedure to be quite easy especially compared to all the mental apprehension I had prior to it! LOL. I also received 2.6cc's in my 11cc band.

I'm going back on the 29th for my second fill. Would like to feel a tad more restriction and according to my conversation with Dr. So, it normally takes two or three fills to hit that 'sweet spot of desired restriction'.

Only 45 more pounds to go to hit my target..but it's going to take another fill or so to help me STAY there! :D

Best wishes..and remember to chew 30 times before swallowing!! Especially if you are out somewhere for dinner... I was Bad once..and it was an experience not to repeat!! LOL

Cheryl

Way to go Cheryl. You are doing awesome with the band . Over half way to your goal already. Keep up the good work :)

Debbie

Thanks for the update. I am so glad that it went well for you. I have my appointment there in a month and can't wait. Are you feeling restriction yet?

Hi Steph,

I'm still on the liquid diet until tomorrow. I found out that on the second fill they want you to have the fill, either bring something to eat or order from the front desk, eat and they go back in to test your restriction level. Also, that 3 fills should be all that I need. I'm so excited.... I wanted to stick to weighing only on Wednesdays but I stepped on the scale morning. I lost another pound. Yea!! lol I know it only because of being on liquids but I'll talk all that I can. :lol:

Sounds like the fills so smoothly. I don't think I will be able to afford to get my fills at OCC, so I have to settle for someone closer to my area. :( I hope mine go as smoothly as yours!

It cost me $199 for the fill and pick up/drop off at airport. I booked my flight($139 round trip from Sacramento to San Diego) right after I got home from the surgery. It was way cheaper!!!

Janice do you live in Sac? I will have to make a trip up there and go to the Galleria soon. Maybe we can have lunch or meet up.

That is a really cheap flight. Roundtrip from here is about $220. I got my flight free though because of my hubbies SW rapid rewards and I get the next flight free too. YAY! Can't wait.

Janice, Congratulations on your weight loss and updating us on your first fill! I will be going for my first fill in March for the check up and such! I will be banded on Monday!!! The day is almost here :)

Keep up the great work!!!!

Way to go Cheryl. You are doing awesome with the band . Over half way to your goal already. Keep up the good work :)

Debbie

Thanks Debbie..You however are really the GOLD STAR LAPBANDER...92 pounds on just the band without any fills???!!!

Way to go girl :lol:

Cheryl

Thanks Debbie..You however are really the GOLD STAR LAPBANDER...92 pounds on just the band without any fills???!!!

Way to go girl :lol:

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. I am praying I will reach my goal by my birthday in May and then extented tummy tuck in the summer.

I feel like I have been given a brand new lease on life and I am going to live it to the fullest.

Deb

Thanks Cheryl. I am praying I will reach my goal by my birthday in May and then extented tummy tuck in the summer.

I feel like I have been given a brand new lease on life and I am going to live it to the fullest.

Deb

I agree--SUPERSTAR is what you are!! (That rhymed unintentionally--sorry :) )

Debbie,

I know Carrie's theory about your secret weapon is your Tomato Pie BUT I think I found the real weapon in your arsenil: ;)

Salmon and Tuna

How It Works: These fish contain omega-3 fatty acids. In addition to being good for your heart, hair, nails, etc., those omegas can help control the amount of leptin in your body. Leptin, a protein hormone, is linked to appetite and metabolism. There's a whole, long, scientific chain of reasons for this, but we're just going to accept that it's good and not worry about WHY. Yay, omega-3s!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that with me. Maybe it is the secret weapon as I eat tuna every day. ( Ha). Personally whether it is the tomatoe pie, the tuna or eating the same food over and over I am just happy that the weight is melting off.

Deb

Debbie

Debbie,

Im so happy for you that you are getting so close to your goal weight. Keep up the weight loss and you can do it.

Shawna