Nervous

So I go get a fill next Friday and I am a little embarrassed. It has been since June of last year and I checked the scale today, I have gained 5 pounds and I am not happy about it. I know better then to wait this long. I guess I got comfortable, figured I wasnt gaining and money was tight so I could put it off. Maybe a bit scarred too since it was too tight last time and had to get some taken out. But this is crazy. I feel like I am slipping into my old ways. I know I am not eating as much but I went a week without my exercise and I eat some chicken strips and fries and I have no idea why. That is not right. This is not what I want. Then today I got up and my right knee hurt, almost as if the 5 extra pounds was affecting it. Someone come down here and slap me please. I am going to tell the fill doctor that I have no idea why I am going the wrong way. What is freaking me out about this? My husband told me he feels the same way, that he felt like he was comfortable but he admits that he wants to keep losing. I think we have lost focus. I can hear my stomach growling even though I just ate. This is crazy. I have lost focus on what I really want and I dont want to be like this. I dont know what happened but I hope that next week with help from everyone I can stop whatever is going on. I DO want this, I DO. I feel a lot of shame in gaining. Tonight hubby and I are going to sit down, we need to take a serious look at our stress level, why are we not staying on task. It is completely unacceptable. I'm sorry I am rambling but I am frustrated and embarrassed. This has got to change.

Don't be ashamed or feel bad, I think this is normal. Why did we all fail on so many diets before, because we got tired of them and bored. Why is this different, because we have people standing behind us this time and while we can make bad food choices, we cannot ignore the fact that we have a band. You are so blessed to have someone right under your own roof going thru this time with you. It is wonderful to hear that you are both determined to succeed and are already starting to figue out a way to combat this "food bug" that has snuck up on you. Pat yourself on the back that you are nipping this at the 5 lb. mark instead of the 50 lb. mark as is so often people's experiences on a diet. I am not saying to pat yourself on the back about this, but sometimes our bodies need a jump start and your little "errors" may help that occur when you get your next fill. Next Friday is still a good ways off and I bet that if you get back in the gym you could take 3 lbs. off between now and then. My experience has always been the sooner you take off what you just gained the easier it comes off.

If I were closer I would not come slap you, but I might clean out your cabinets and fridge and take away your debit card or cash so that you couldn't hit the drive thru. :D

I see the glass half full in your case. We are talking 5 pounds, not 50 and how much of that is water? Also considering it is a 5 pound gain over a 7 month period I think you deserve a huge bright and shiny gold star for that! How many people can say they have only managed to put on an additional 5 pounds over a seven month period including the holidays? No one I know, including myself for my entire life. Tht is great that you are going to sit down with you hubby to do an assessment of the situation and you deserve another gold star for being proactive and staring the 5 pounds straight on. I admire you on so many different levels for posting this and I hope someday to have your courage and strength but try not to be so hard on yourself. Maybe you could loose the 5 pounds before your next fill. I think you can if at least 50% of it is water like I think it is. Flush and detox and see what happens ^_^