First Meal!!!

I'm now 4 days away from my first meal after the liquid phase, and am trying to decide what to eat. I'm leaning towards scrambled eggs.

What did you have for your first meal and would you recommend it?

I'm also going out to lunch that day and thinking about that meal. It's tempting to have soup, just because I'm not sure if I'll have any restriction, but I know we're supposed to eat solids, so I'm wondering whether grilled chicken would be a good choice?

I'm now 4 days away from my first meal after the liquid phase, and am trying to decide what to eat. I'm leaning towards scrambled eggs.

I'm also going out to lunch that day and thinking about that meal. It's tempting to have soup, just because I'm not sure if I'll have any restriction, but I know we're supposed to eat solids, so I'm wondering whether grilled chicken would be a good choice?

My first meal was mexican eggs. That is to say in a bowl I mixed 1 egg, 1 oz of cheese and 1/4 cup of salsa. Stirred it all up and scrambled it. It was delicous.

If you are going for lunch I would suggest fish for your first meal simply because it goes down so easy. If you don't like fish I often get a big shrimp cocktail.

If none of that appeals to you then get your grilled chicken but you most likely will have to have some sort of sauce on it so it slides down easy. Or just cut it into very small pieces and chew chew chew.

Hope that helps. Enjoy

[/quote

I had cream of wheat! LOL Grilled chicken will not be good that was the first thing I wanted and soon found out why so many have a hard with it. If you do try it chew chew chew! Good luck.

Fish is a good idea! I like most fish, so that won't be a problem.

I've been assuming I'll have little to no restriction, but I could be like Revy and have a good restriction, so I'll play it safe. Don't want any embarrassing accidents! ;)

I just can't wait to eat, seriously.

Scrambled eggs worked for me on the first day. Dr. Miranda suggested it to me when I asked her. I agree about being careful, you just never know what kind of restriction you will have - and the weird thing is that it can change from day to day.

Enjoy your first meal :P

Margie

My first meal was Split Pea Soup from Whole Foods! Ironic inst it? I went to Whole Foods to grab a pre-packaged 10 ounce Greek Salad as my first meal from the deli section and would'nt you know it, they were sold out! So I settled for the Split Pea and it was devine and totally satisfying.

I would go with Fish and Salad for lunch and for breakfast do eggs if you have breakfast at home. I am a late riser so I always to breakfast at work. If you do breakfast at work I would go with a Jimmy Dean D-Light Egg & Sausage Muffin that you can pop in the microwave for a few minutes OR a Fiber One Toaster Pastry that you can pop in the toaster.

My first meal was Split Pea Soup from Whole Foods! Ironic inst it? I went to Whole Foods to grab a pre-packaged 10 ounce Greek Salad as my first meal from the deli section and would'nt you know it, they were sold out! So I settled for the Split Pea and it was devine and totally satisfying.

I would go with Fish and Salad for lunch and for breakfast do eggs if you have breakfast at home. I am a late riser so I always to breakfast at work. If you do breakfast at work I would go with a Jimmy Dean D-Light Egg & Sausage Muffin that you can pop in the microwave for a few minutes OR a Fiber One Toaster Pastry that you can pop in the toaster.

Yumm--the Jimmy Dean Sausage Muffin sounds great!!!!

I thought I read somewhere that a lot of people have trouble with salads, so I was going to stay away from them, but now I can't remember where I read that---apparently you don't have any problem with salad. That would make it so much easier.

Yumm--the Jimmy Dean Sausage Muffin sounds great!!!!

I thought I read somewhere that a lot of people have trouble with salads, so I was going to stay away from them, but now I can't remember where I read that---apparently you don't have any problem with salad. That would make it so much easier.

Nope, salads are just fine for me but that could be due to lack of restiction thus far. Yes the Jimmy Dean D-Lights are wonderful and they are in the freezer section at the market. They are in either a box of 4 or 6.

Jill, I am counting down the days until we can CHEW! My first day of food is going to be: Scrambled eggs w/low fat cheese, a veggie burger patty for lunch and I have no clue what is for supper. I'm allergic to fish, so I'm out of luck there. Ok, so now I'm a little nervous about chicken. That was on my list until now.

Jill, I am counting down the days until we can CHEW! My first day of food is going to be: Scrambled eggs w/low fat cheese, a veggie burger patty for lunch and I have no clue what is for supper. I'm allergic to fish, so I'm out of luck there. Ok, so now I'm a little nervous about chicken. That was on my list until now.

You may be okay with chicken. Some people can handle it, especially if it's moist. But it is one of those things that can be a problem, like bread (which I'm really gonna miss)!

I'm lucky I can eat fish, that'll make it easier to find stuff to eat when we're eating out.

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions--they really help. oh, and the tomato pie--I'd forgotten about that--I'll also be trying that real soon! ;)

Food sounds lovely!

I've been to 2 parties this weekend--one for mom's and one a kids bday at chuck e cheese. I didn't eat a thing! Yay me!

When is the tomato pie starting? lol I have it on my list. ;)

Good girl funmama. I am very proud of you !!

Debbie

Hello,

If my memory serves me, I think I had scrambled eggs or should I say scrambled egg for my first meal. It was yummy.

Just remember when you get to eat, eat slowly and small bites. Very Very important. :)

Good reminder--the way I feel right now, I'd inhale it if I wasn't careful! I'm also excited to see if I have any restriction--I know most people don't until their first fill, but maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones..

• 2 weeks later...