Here we go

Well here we go. I sent in my deposit. My paperwork goes in today. April 19th is my surgery date.I'm already nervous and hope I can do this. I just got back from a cruise and many of my reasons for doing this were reaffirmed on this trip. I think now that I have a date I will start posting more. I went to my primary doctor the other day and she is very glad I'm doing this. She to was appalled when I told her the cost in Madison. About 24 to 26,000 dollars and that did not include fills. So which hotel should I stay at ?

Well here we go. I sent in my deposit. My paperwork goes in today. April 19th is my surgery date.I'm already nervous and hope I can do this. I just got back from a cruise and many of my reasons for doing this were reaffirmed on this trip. I think now that I have a date I will start posting more. I went to my primary doctor the other day and she is very glad I'm doing this. She to was appalled when I told her the cost in Madison. About 24 to 26,000 dollars and that did not include fills. So which hotel should I stay at ?

Awesome! I can remember how excited I was.....waiting is the hardest part.

I stayed at the Marriott and I give it 2 thumbs up....soft beds...

Welcome! You'll do fine--the worst part for me was the waiting until surgery day, I was so excited!

I also stayed at the Marriott, and it was great.

I stayed at the Mariott and I wish I would have stayed at the Lucerna instead. It is a lot closer to the OCC AND it looked a lot more upscale boutique-ish and not so cookie cutter corporate as the Marriott. The one good thing I can say about the Mariott was the bar was nice. I was also told that out of the 3, the Camino Real is most comparable to the W in the US for those who want super posh, upscale. The Camino Real is closest to the OCC.

On this rare occassion I must disagree with Angie. The pillows at the Marriott were super soft but the bed was extra hard. I did not sleep well under sober circumstances. The night of surgery I did manage to sleep better but that was becuase I was drunk out of my mind.

Congrats, on setting a date! You can do this and you will be asking yourself ...why did I wait. My doctor also encouraged me to do the surgery and recommended that I go to Mexico. I was banded on Jan. 7th and I can't believe how easy the whole trip/surgery was. I also stayed at the Marriott and was very pleased. That seems to the place most people pick, so the big benefit is...your going to meet other people who are headed to OCC too. There were two other ladies who I have had the pleasure of being banded with. It was so nice to have someone else there who was going through the same thing as I was. The hardest thing about the whole thing was the month I had to wait.

Congratulations for making the decision to be banded. It is the beginning of wonderful journey and you will be so happy. I stayed at the Marriott and it was wonderful. Service was great. Had a gymn, computer room, restaurant and My bed was so soft and cozy i slept like a rock. Very clean .

Debbie

There are other posts about hotels that you can find suggestions in, but my mom and I stayed at the Lucerna last November and loved it. It was beautiful and they were so incredibly helpful. I was banded in the states about 2 1/2 years ago and was going down to TJ for my mom's surgery, so I was the one that spent most of my time in the hotel room. If you're going in April, you and your travel partner will be able to enjoy the pool (at least you will before your surgery, right!) in the beautiful courtyard. It was too cold when we were there.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp23/littleroo27/Trip%20to%20TJ <---pics here!

Hello! I wanted to let you know that you can do this. I was so scared when I went in for my surgery, I even made my husband go with me and now looking back would have had him stay home. I stayed at the Marriott and it was great. Everything about OCC, the staff, arrangements, facility and the surgery was better than I ever expected. The surgery was so easy, when I awakened after the surgery everything happened so fast and I didn't feel a thing I actually thought that they had forgotten to do my surgery! All of us who had surgery that day were up around and laughing within an hour or so. We all went back to the hotel that afternoon and didn't have to stay all night at OCC, although that wouldn't have been bad because the staff was so attentive.

I do have to say that my weight loss is going a bit slower than expected but it is of my own doing. I am on my forth fill (not from OCC) and am finally feeling some restriction that is obvious. Please remember that the band isn't the cure all, it is a helpful tool. Best of luck on your journey - you will do great.