Fitness Routine

I've realized that although my food intake is important my workouts are even MORE important! So I have committed to working out every single day! I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred a week or so ago. It has 3 levels. The 1st day was sooo tough I couldn't even imagine what levels 2 and 3 would be like. Well a little over a week later I have now moved on to level 2. I started it yesterday. Oh my goodness! I thought I was gonna DIE! And then I realized that's how I felt the first time I did level 1- and now it seems so easy! :) So I'm realizing that our bodies can do so much more than we thought they could do. We just have to push ourselves. Daily! Not necessarily a hard core workout every day- but something. I also love this workout because it's only 20 minutes. But there are no rests whatsoever. She works you the whole time. And she says you can lose up to 20 lbs in the 30 days if you follow it for the full month. I am determined. So that's my story. how bout you? What's your workout like?

BTW... if you wanna try this one out you can find it on "On Demand" from most cable providers. I bought the DVD but found it on my TV later on- of course. :)

For anyone who has netflix, they have a bunch of workout videos you can rent. I took this route since I am super poor right now, but I do have netflix, so it was a free (sort of?) path for me. I put one on there and should get it soon and will start trying to do different ones 3-4 times a week. I am not much of an exerciser, so that is what I will start with and see what happens.

I've realized that although my food intake is important my workouts are even MORE important! So I have committed to working out every single day! I started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred a week or so ago. It has 3 levels. The 1st day was sooo tough I couldn't even imagine what levels 2 and 3 would be like. Well a little over a week later I have now moved on to level 2. I started it yesterday. Oh my goodness! I thought I was gonna DIE! And then I realized that's how I felt the first time I did level 1- and now it seems so easy! :) So I'm realizing that our bodies can do so much more than we thought they could do. We just have to push ourselves. Daily! Not necessarily a hard core workout every day- but something. I also love this workout because it's only 20 minutes. But there are no rests whatsoever. She works you the whole time. And she says you can lose up to 20 lbs in the 30 days if you follow it for the full month. I am determined. So that's my story. how bout you? What's your workout like?

BTW... if you wanna try this one out you can find it on "On Demand" from most cable providers. I bought the DVD but found it on my TV later on- of course. :)

Hi fellow lapbanders..

Here's my normal weekly work out:

Two 45 minute walks every day (with my dogs) rain or shine.

Monday/Wed/Fri: 20 min cardio on the recumbent bike and 40-50 minutes of weights and strength training at my womens-only fitness centre.

Tue & Thur: 1 hr deep water aerobics at the rec centre followed by 20 swim laps.

Saturday: 2 hour trail hike (Thetis Lake) with husband and dogs.

Sunday: three or more hour bike ride on the local Galloping Goose trail

The stronger and leaner I get, the easier and more fun it all is!!!

:)

I really like Leslie Sansone's Walking Away the Pounds DVDs. She's got a bunch of them. The one I keep going back to is the one with three complete workouts--one mile (20 min), two mile (30 min) and three mile (40 min). It's cardio, plus strength training because you use free weights while you're walking.

I've got a treadmill and a bowflex, plus have tried Curves, etc., but always come back to the Sansone DVD because it's easy, fun (I wear my ipod since I know the routines), and convenient.

Ooh.. I was going to create a topic but I'll post here instead since yours is so similar to what I was going to say. I copied this from another post in another area. Don't hate me for being unoriginal. The change in weather is tweaking my back and it hurts too much to sit and even to think right now. Anway, this is what I was doing until the weather started coming in yesterday.

AngieB. mentioned that On Demand (a thingie with different cable and satellite companies) is having a free thing with the exercise channel. I decided to check it out and found a great workout for those getting started. It's a walking (in your home) program and you can start with 1 mile. I'd recommend that for your first time then you can see if you can do the two mile. It takes about 20 minutes for the warmup w, walk and cool down. 33 minutes for 2 miles.

It's very easy but it gets your heart rate up. She even says "we aren't dancing, we're walking". I can never keep up with the aerobics because I'm always facing the wrong way or confused by the steps. Not this. I think it's great and went out and bought the DVDs at WalMart. The instructor's name is Leslie Sansone (I think).

The 2 mile walk is what the American Heart Association is recommending for health but start with the 1 mile first so you don't get discouraged. I walk 5-10 miles no problem but at my pace. This two mile walk had me sweating but I've been doing it every day. I've had back and threee leg surgeries and where I can't do aerobics I was easily able to do this.

I have Verizon and this is how I found it:

On Demand

Browse All

Free

MyLife

Exercise TV

Walk for Weightloss

Start walking 1 mile or 2 mile

Any more than that you'll have to ask your cable provider or Verizon. That's all I know about where to find it.

Cheryl, Way to keep it fresh! I love that you challenge your body so much by doing different things every day. That way it won't get boring. That's awesome! Galloping Goose trail, huh?? Sounds interesting! :)

The Galloping Goose trail is an old railway line that starts in Victoria, B.C and follows the path of the old rail tracks that end in a gold mining town called Leechfield. The total length of the line runs close to 130 Kilometers and is partly paved and partially gravel. It runs thru developed areas, thru parks and eventually along salmon bearing rivers and streams. There are wooden trestles bridges that span white water with rapids and bear encounters in the bush country isn't uncommon!

My husband and I did the city ride this weekend with plans to head the other direction and into the "wilds" in two weeks with another couple.

I've found for myself I have to incorporate exercise into my 'real life' not just my 'gym life' I'm lucky in that I enjoy exercising ( I had been an athelete in my younger life) so the diversity of exercise routines is very satisfying. Plus it helps me get a good night's sleep!!

Prior to losing these 63 pounds I suffered from sleep apnea and had to use a CPAP machine in order to sleep deeply and safely thru the night. With this weight loss my sleep apnea has all but dissapeared!! yahoo..The CPAP was necesssary..but hard to deal with.

:lol:

I'm not gonna lie i've been slacking badly lately, but when i'm in a good routine here is what I do:

If training for a race run 3x/ week then do bands or abs two days a week

If not training I do Zumba 2x/ week and run 1x/week and also do bands/abs

If the weather is icky and i'm inside, after running i'll also do some light free weights and machines.

I just finished the most recent race, so i'm excited to get back to Zumba! Just keep in mind that it is a marathon not a sprint and keep a day or two a week to let your body rest! Don't overdo it or you can risk injuring yourself.

Everyday, I walk a minimum of an hour, dog walking.

As a dog walker, this is something that's concrete in my schedule.

My other 'activity' is at the gym:

monday - upperbody

tuesday - 30 min cardio (see sunday for details)

wednesday - lower body

thursday - 30 min cardio

friday - upperbody

saturday - 30 min cardio

sunday - 30 min cardio, usually treadmill, 3.0-3.5mph, incline set at 6.0

Then rotate for the next week.

Jillian has TONS of videos available through Netflix including that one. I just added it to my queue! I might be cursing you the first day lol laugh.gif

Curse away! I hated it the 1st few days and now I'm addicted. She actually says at one point, "I want you to feel like you are going to die." It's hysterical! You will really grow to love her. I am in desperate need of tough love sometimes so I think she is very encouraging. Let me know what you think! :)