What do i do i've failed and need help!

Tom7/16/07

I got my lapband on 7/16/07 and everything went well for a year i was getting fills and down 75 lbs. Then my mother was diagnosed with Pancreactic Cancer and i stopped getting fills and watching my diet. I took responsiblity for my elderly grandmother, handicapped brother and 16 year old sister and got married. Now two years later I'm kicking myself because i lost control and now the weight is back. What should i do now? Just go in and get a fill or is there something else i need to do first?

I got my lapband on 7/16/07 and everything went well for a year i was getting fills and down 75 lbs. Then my mother was diagnosed with Pancreactic Cancer and i stopped getting fills and watching my diet. I took responsiblity for my elderly grandmother, handicapped brother and 16 year old sister and got married. Now two years later I'm kicking myself because i lost control and now the weight is back. What should i do now? Just go in and get a fill or is there something else i need to do first?

Welcome back! Start with the rules again. Hard protein first, no drinking with meals, limiting your portions, and getting moving! Go in and get a fill or check on your band! Let us know how you are doing! Stay plugged in here.....come here and talk ask questions and get plugged in.

Sounds like you had a ton of stress.

I agree with Angie. Just start fresh again. Pretend you are on the pre-op diet as that will break any bad habits you have formed. Then go and get things checked out physically and with the band to see if you need a fill.

Once that is done go back to the 5 rules Dr Ortiz gave you and make exercie a priority. You need to look after you or you won't be able to be there for anyone else. You have a huge amount on your plate and exerise will help you deal with that stress. My mom is dying of ovarian cancer and if it was not for exercising I would not have been able to continue to lose weight. I have always eaten for comfort and had to change how I lived in order to overcome that. I work all day and then go look after my mom so I have a walk or run as soon as I get home so that I am destressed before I go see my mom. It helps amazing. One thing I find that helps is that if I exercise I don't want to screw up all my hard work by eating something that I should not. It works for me and I know it will work for you. You lost that weight once and I know you can do it again. Back to basics my friend and stay in touch with us so we can keep encouraging you

Debbie

Thank you for the responses yes i was banded by Dr.Ortiz. Gonna get back to the rules and diet, started working out again a month ago bought a stationary bike and a bowflex. My wife is excited for me and say's she's gonna do it with me even though she doesn't have the band.