how do YOU determine if you need a fill?

I know I'm guilty of expecting my band to tell me WHEN to stop eating. But I also pride myself on being able to stop myself from eating, when my plate is empty. I learned not to get up for seconds and to take my butt to the gym after work. I have seen the scale move SLIGHTLY... even though I do work out and eat a lot healthier than before. I eat 3 times a week, haven't had junk food in months and still haven't been able to lose as fast as others. The next thing I that occurs to me is, I NEED A FILL. I have noticed an increase in the time I feel hungry between meals. I can eat more than usual, even if it is a healthy meal.

I would like to hear from you guys and compare how you determine when to get another fill.

I know I'm guilty of expecting my band to tell me WHEN to stop eating. But I also pride myself on being able to stop myself from eating, when my plate is empty. I learned not to get up for seconds and to take my butt to the gym after work. I have seen the scale move SLIGHTLY... even though I do work out and eat a lot healthier than before. I eat 3 times a week, haven't had junk food in months and still haven't been able to lose as fast as others. The next thing I that occurs to me is, I NEED A FILL. I have noticed an increase in the time I feel hungry between meals. I can eat more than usual, even if it is a healthy meal.

I would like to hear from you guys and compare how you determine when to get another fill.

Honestly, I kind of plateaued at where you are now for about 3 weeks. And my start weight was similar to yours. I definitely am not losing as fast as some that have more to lose and have averaged sometimes 1 sometimes 2 lbs per week. Some weeks (like those 3) I didn't lose anything.

I think if you're noticing the time between meals you're hungrier,and you can eat more then you may need a small fill. I think I'm kind of at where you are too - needing a small fill - but after I surpassed the 190 mark the last few pounds have just been coming off really fast. I did change my diet a little and incorporated more fruits and actually nuts to increase my protein and it has seemed to help a lot.

From all the research I did and questioning Dr Miranda and Dr Ortiz I was told that if you go more than 2-3 weeks without loosing anything or maybe just a pound then get a fill.

I was banded Sept 29th last year and have never had a fill following these quidelines. Mind you I have followed the rules , exercised and was very heavy to start so pounds consistently came off. I feel good restriction with my band , have never plateaued or gone more than one week without loosing so I could never justify a fill.

Everyones body is different though so I just feel blessed to be one of the few that have never needed a fill. I did reach my goal set by Dr Miranda in June which was awesome. According to the medical charts I am still classed as overweight at 175 which ticks me off. I am going to try to get to 159 because then I am not classed as overweight at all and my BMI will be normal. My body fat percentage is normal right now and I feel great but it really gets me that I am classed as overweight on the charts so I am going to try and hit 159.

Debbie

I knew I needed a fill when I noticed that I was able to eat more then I should. I would stop losing weight also. I finely hit my goal weight of 133 lbs. from 261 lbs. I'm very happy with what I have done for myself with help from my band.

Kelly C. :lol: