what the heck is going on

momma4

I am 8 days post op and weighed myself today and I haven't even lost a pound. How can that be I can only eat about 1/2 cup of soup at meal times and I drink lots of water? And I am constantly walking. I lost more eating shakes on the pre op diet. I am ready to cry, some one please tell me what is going on?

I actually started to gain weight on the liquids. I discovered that the soups had a lot more carbs than the shakes and I can only guess that it did not help. Once I got on solids I lost the extra weight and have been losing about a pound a week since. I have my first fill tomorrow so I am hoping that will help too.

I am 8 days post op and weighed myself today and I haven't even lost a pound. How can that be I can only eat about 1/2 cup of soup at meal times and I drink lots of water? And I am constantly walking. I lost more eating shakes on the pre op diet. I am ready to cry, some one please tell me what is going on?

I would stay off the scale for a few days... You might want to check the sodium on your soups. The Bear Creek potato soup is WONDERFUL but it had a huge amount of sodium.. Also Chicken Broth has lots of sodium.. You can get lower calorie protein shakes or make your own using Almond Milk. It is only 60 calories per cup unless you get the vanilla which is 90 calories. Then add ice and protein powder. Stay away from high calorie juice and switch to crystal light. You can also make the sugar free Jello...

Hang in there...

Thanks,

I had the plication procedure. I stayed a week in san diego just on way home now. I am sure that most of the restaurants do add lots of sodium. It was real hard to find broth soups and such so drank lots of water and some apple juice. Just having a hard time right now, I want to eat real food right now (i won't).

Ahhh the dreaded scale...I personally find I do worse in my efforts if I use the scale too much. This includes my mental state as well as my physical...who knows why..I concur...follow the rules and don't over think it!!

• 3 months later...

I agree that sodium could be a factor as lots of soups are high in sodium. Also, if your body is not getting much substantial food it might be going into fasting mode. Which means it will hold onto any potential energy sources it can to survive. I'm sure this will all change once your body adjusts. Hang in there, better days are coming. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Your calorie intake may not be high enough yet. When your calorie intake is very low your body goes into starvation/ life saving mode. Decreasing your metabolism and saving fat to save your life. I did not lose any weight for about 10 days post op and calorie intake was about 400-600. Once I got it up about 800 I started dropping weight.

Remember this is a long time fix not a short time fix.

SD