March Surgeries

The new year is off to a good start. January is behind us now and February is here. There's been a lot of excitement around the OCC with Cassie being on the Oprah show (scheduled for airing on Monday Feb 4th) and with spring coming, everyone is thinking of their health. As you can see here at the forum, patients are talking about their up coming surgeries in February. But,, where's the March patients??? Lets see if we can bring March in like a lion and go out like a lion. So,, come on March patients,,, where you at?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I GUESS I'LL START OFF THE MARCH GOING-TO-BE-BANSTER...... MY SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 25th!! =D> I WISH I COULD GO SOONER!! WHO ELSE IS GOING IN MARCH??

THE 'CASSIE' EPISODE IS AIRING FEB. 4th??? HER MOM SAID THAT IT WOULD BE A FEW WEEKS UNTIL IT AIRED.... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!

Count me in!!! I am scheduled for surgery on March 10th. I am flying in on March 9th to prepare my nerves for the surgery. I had a lapband before but I had a slip so this will be a revision for me. Dr. Ortiz removed my band which is why I feel confident in his ablility to do my revision. I am very nervous and excited because I have been unbanded for about a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I am scheduled for March 19th. I am new to the forums, but have been rabidly reading everything. Plane tickets are bought, and I am ready to go. Hooray!

Paula

Mine is for the 12th! I can't say that I have ever been more excited about surgery. Ususally I am a big scaredy cat!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.... IT'S ALMOST LIKE BEING A KID AND WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS!!! COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!! THE ONLY THING IS, WE'LL BE 'OPENING THE PRESENT' IN ABOUT A YEAR!! :lol:

Hi I am scheduled with Dr Ortiz on March27 I am so excited. I am from Matherville Illinois so I can't wait to go to Mexico and meet everyone. Dr. Ortiz and staff have been great. I purchased Doctors book and it is very helpful. My family learned a lot too. Anyway if anyone is scheduled this day let me know. Also a special thanks to Lori on Dr's staff she is great I have bothered her many times.

Good Luck to everyone let me know how everyone feels after surgery. ><'

well I am desperately trying to set up a date for March, but the center isn't calling me back for some reason. I need a date before I can get plane tickets. Does anyone know if they do this on saturdays? I'll post my date as soon as I have one. I'll be flying from PA.

I think Lori took a couple days off for some much needed R & R.. Lori and Carolyn have been really swamped. A lot of people have been inquiring about the Lap-band. They'll get back to you. Have you've noticed the Forum has been really busy too! Which is GOOD!

Im going to be banded on March 27th with Dr. Ortiz. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I am thinking I better start my Pre-Op diet soon just incase I have no will power. I am driving down to TJ from Medford Oregon. Its going to be nice.

well I am desperately trying to set up a date for March, but the center isn't calling me back for some reason. I need a date before I can get plane tickets. Does anyone know if they do this on saturdays? I'll post my date as soon as I have one. I'll be flying from PA.

I DID ALL MY SET UP ON LINE. CAROLYN HELPED ME WITH EVERYTHING, IT WAS EASY!! I'LL BE FLYING OUT OF PA. ALSO... MAYBE YOU'LL GET THE 25th!! :P

YEAH, got my appointment, March 24th and flying in on Easter Sunday! I decided to stay an extra day also since I'm flying from Pa. So, whoever will be there from 3/23 through 3/27, stop and say Hi to Ramona! I'll be with my husband. So Excited!!!!

I'LL SEE YOU THERE!! THESE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS WILL PROBABLY SEEM TO TAKE FOREVER!! :((

The new year is off to a good start. January is behind us now and February is here. There's been a lot of excitement around the OCC with Cassie being on the Oprah show (scheduled for airing on Monday Feb 4th) and with spring coming, everyone is thinking of their health. As you can see here at the forum, patients are talking about their up coming surgeries in February. But,, where's the March patients??? Lets see if we can bring March in like a lion and go out like a lion. So,, come on March patients,,, where you at?

Hi I'm K'lea from Matherville. Where did you have your surgery at and where do you get your fills?

Thanks for any information. How long have you had the band? Have you had any troubles?

Well for now that is all I can think of. Thanks for your help. I think I emailed you before when I was researching where to go.

Nice to meet you.

Thanks K'lea

I'LL SEE YOU THERE!! THESE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS WILL PROBABLY SEEM TO TAKE FOREVER!! :((

Hey Ramona and Darlene,

Best of luck to both of you!! I'm from PA, too, but I'm not going until June. You'll have to keep me posted on how its going and what to expect (that is if you don't mind :) Can't believe I'm finally doing this, but I've been researching for two years and its time!!!! You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers... ><'

Lainie from Central PA

My surgery is on March 28th. I will be arriving the night of the 26th. I am SO EXCITED!!

Im going to be banded on March 27th with Dr. Ortiz. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I am thinking I better start my Pre-Op diet soon just incase I have no will power. I am driving down to TJ from Medford Oregon. Its going to be nice.

I am getting my band on my birthday; March 10th! I am so excited, wish I were going today!

We fly in (from Florida) on Saturday March 8th and plan to run around San diego for a day. My husband and I will be at the Lucerna Hotel on Sunday afternoon.

Any one else planning to be there on Sunday?

I am arriving on the 17th & scheduled for surgery on the 18th....so excited but nervous and a tad sick :blink: can't believe I am finally doing this.....

Me either Im so excited... and its finally going to happen. You will have to let me know how it goes for you since I will be a few days behind ok.