March Surgeries

i'm going on the 17th!!!!!!!very anxious can't wait!!!!

Woot.. you and I will get to meet each other.. I am on the 19th. Looking forward to it,

Paula

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting my band on my birthday; March 10th! I am so excited, wish I were going today!

We fly in (from Florida) on Saturday March 8th and plan to run around San diego for a day. My husband and I will be at the Lucerna Hotel on Sunday afternoon.

Any one else planning to be there on Sunday?

I am planning to be there on Sunday. My husband and I are going to arrive at the hotel on that evening. I will be banded that next morning on the 10th. I will look forward to meeting you.

Elle

I want to know what are some of the airlines flying form Orlando FL and what are some of the airfares you folks received. Any pointers will help. I want to schedule mine for March but I need to know when it's most inexpensive to fly from Orlando, Florida to San Diego, CA.

Anyone from Florida going anytime soon?

I want to know what are some of the airlines flying form Orlando FL and what are some of the airfares you folks received. Any pointers will help. I want to schedule mine for March but I need to know when it's most inexpensive to fly from Orlando, Florida to San Diego, CA.

I am flying from Tampa on Southwest Airlines for about $220 round trip. That is their "web only" price. It may be worth it to drive to Tampa for that price. Also, I chose not to fly Easter weekend as the cost went up quite a bit.

I am planning to be there on Sunday. My husband and I are going to arrive at the hotel on that evening. I will be banded that next morning on the 10th. I will look forward to meeting you.

Elle

Great! We'll see you at the Hotel! We can have a celebratory slimfast together! Are you feeling anxious? I'm too excited!

Getting banded March 4th!! YAY!! Excited...nervous...a little worried. The thing I've found the most difficult is trying to explain to people why I'm doing it. They're so quick to respond with "Well why don't you just try to stop eating so much"... Drives me nuts!! Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting my new and improved life :)

I set a tentative date for my band on 3/7, airfare will cost us $335 round trip from Orlando. My boss was notified and the days were approved to take off. I'm so excited and nervous.

Anyone else getting banded on March 7th??

Ruth

hi ruth,

i am scheduled for the 7th as well...my name is michelle from california! you actually got great airfare, mine is $200 and change for a 45 minute flight!!

Getting banded March 4th!! YAY!! Excited...nervous...a little worried. The thing I've found the most difficult is trying to explain to people why I'm doing it. They're so quick to respond with "Well why don't you just try to stop eating so much"... Drives me nuts!! Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting my new and improved life :)

I arrive March 6th and my surgery is on March 7th. I might see you there. My name is Ruth from Groveland Florida. We should get to know one aother so at least when we are therewe can talk and say hi. I am going with my cousin, who are u going with?

And listen to what I am going to tell you very clearly. Do NOT let people discurage you. These are people that probably are dealing with there own demons. If it were as easy as just not eatting we wouldn't be this way. I don't look like this because I sit on my couch eating cheetos all day long. I myself have a hernia on my stomache, and osteo arthritis of the spine and I'm not able to walk long periods of time and or exercise, so screw those who are fast to judge. They don't live your life or walk in your shoes. How sdare they tell you things like that. Loosers!!!! It makes me angry to know that there are people out there that would even talk to an obese person that way. I get it lots and I shut them up fast!!

Ruth

I'm about 1 1/2 hours away from Orlando and am flying out from there on the 11th. Went with cheaptickets.com and got a round trip for about $388 pp. laying over for an hour in Phoenix then on to San Diego.

hi ruth,

i am scheduled for the 7th as well...my name is michelle from california! you actually got great airfare, mine is $200 and change for a 45 minute flight!!

Hello Michelle!!

This is great!!! I will look for you there. I will be with my cousin, the one I spoke about getting the gastric by pass. One question, will you be having a private room or not? I decided not to have a private room and save the $450 dollars.

What time will you get there?

Anyone else for March 7th? I think those for the 7th should stay in touch and share pre and post surgery experiences.

Hello Michelle!!

This is great!!! I will look for you there. I will be with my cousin, the one I spoke about getting the gastric by pass. One question, will you be having a private room or not? I decided not to have a private room and save the $450 dollars.

Anyone else for March 7th? I think those for the 7th should stay in touch and share pre and post surgery experiences.

hi there, i was to be leaving this sunday but we are heading to the snow for the weekend and my financing hadn't come through so i changed the date to the 7th, i arrive on the 6th and i believe i am NOT in a private room, i also believe i am paying the normal price but lori said i would have my first fill free.? i acutally need to check on that again. maybe we will be in the same room! i had my second baby 10 months ago and gained 87 pounds...i am only 5'3..needless to say i can't loose the weight and am miserable so i thought i would try this and hope it will be a tool to help me stay on track. i keep reading all the posts in the different areas and it makes me a little nervous that some loose hardly any weight and so on...are you scared? i am so scared...i hate needles!

Hello Michelle!!

HELLO, I WASN'T ASKED ABOUT A PRIVATE ROOM..... I'M PAYING $8500 FOR THE SURGERY, AM I GETTING A PRIVATE ROOM??? :-?

I am paying **** with a private room, but we got a deal because there are 3 of us going for the surgery. We are all having it on March 28th. Myself, my Aunt, and my bestfriend. We are so scared and excited!!

It's confirmed!!!

I got my days off from work and so did my cousin.

I got my son care for the days I won't be here.

I got my financing.

I got my Airline tickets $335.00 USD/PP with Southwest Airlines

I am also nervous and I totally hate needles. But I am excited that I have a new chance at a healthy life.

Let's stay in touch PM me.

I arrive March 6th and my surgery is on March 7th. I might see you there. My name is Ruth from Groveland Florida. We should get to know one aother so at least when we are therewe can talk and say hi. I am going with my cousin, who are u going with?

And listen to what I am going to tell you very clearly. Do NOT let people discurage you. These are people that probably are dealing with there own demons. If it were as easy as just not eatting we wouldn't be this way. I don't look like this because I sit on my couch eating cheetos all day long. I myself have a hernia on my stomache, and osteo arthritis of the spine and I'm not able to walk long periods of time and or exercise, so screw those who are fast to judge. They don't live your life or walk in your shoes. How sdare they tell you things like that. Loosers!!!! It makes me angry to know that there are people out there that would even talk to an obese person that way. I get it lots and I shut them up fast!!

Ruth

Hi Ruth!

I'm driving down from the L.A. area on the 4th and will probably be leaving on the day you arrive...I am also going with my cousin :) A very supportive cousin, I might add.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I know my family loves me and want what's best for me but like you mentioned, they don't live or walk in my shoes so at this point I don't expect them to fully understand or accept my decision. I hope we get to say hello in person but just in case I miss you, good luck with everything!!!

HEY!!!! LET'S GET SOME MORE MARCH SURGERIES LISTED!!! WHO ELSE IS GOING TO DR. ORTIZ IN MARCH???

:-h

I'm scheduled for surgery March 12. My sister-in-law Debbie, who was banded five years ago (has lost 120 lbs), is accompanying me. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Mary Pat

I'm scheduled for surgery March 12. My sister-in-law Debbie, who was banded five years ago (has lost 120 lbs), is accompanying me. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Mary Pat

Hi Mary Pat! I am getting my band on March 10th...perhaps I'll see you at the hotel.

I'll let you know how it went!

Best of luck to you!

Kate

I'm getting re-banded on the 6th! What's your name? I will make sure that I say a special "Hi" to you when we meet.

-Michele (from Oregon)

hi michelle,

my name is michelle as well (from california!) can i ask why you are getting banded again? i have this major fear that i won't loose any weight or will be so miserable!! i just went to the bank and pulled the money from my savings...ugh, what am i doing!!! lol