March Surgeries

It's confirmed!!!

I got my days off from work and so did my cousin.

I got my son care for the days I won't be here.

I got my financing.

I got my Airline tickets $335.00 USD/PP with Southwest Airlines

I am also nervous and I totally hate needles. But I am excited that I have a new chance at a healthy life.

Let's stay in touch PM me.

good for you!!! i just decided not to do the financing and went to the bank and drained my savings...am i nuts? :o) oh well...you only live once!!!

what does PM mean? i have never been on a chat room or message board so am a little unfamiliar with all the abbreviations! :o)

mcihelle (from california)

march 7th surgery

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good for you!!! i just decided not to do the financing and went to the bank and drained my savings...am i nuts? :o) oh well...you only live once!!!

what does PM mean? i have never been on a chat room or message board so am a little unfamiliar with all the abbreviations! :o)

march 7th surgery

Private Message

march 7th surgery

I don't think you're nuts. I see it as an investment but one that I have faith will have a huge pay off!! And I agree, you only live once and at 28 I refuse to live the rest of my life unhappy and unhealthy. After reading several posts I understand that this isn't an "easy fix". There's a lot of work to be done but with the band the uncontrollable eating won't be the thing stopping us from losing the weight!! I'm also from Calfornia and scheduled to have my surgery March 4th. Good Luck and Best Wishes :)

Hi I'm Chris and I am scheduled with Dr Ortiz on March 6th flying in on the 5th I am so excited. I'm only 265 lbs but dont look it I was alot bigger but lost about 50 already but had to work out 6 days a week 4 hours a day I'm 27 years old and from Nashville TN I can't wait to meet everyone. Dr. Ortiz and staff have been great. Anyway if anyone is scheduled this day let me know. Also a special thanks to Lori on Dr's staff she is great I have bothered her many times.Good Luck to everyone I will be in a private room but I love meeting new people so I will try and say Hi to everyone....................

Chris

Hi I'm Chris and I am scheduled with Dr Ortiz on March 6th flying in on the 5th I am so excited. I'm only 265 lbs but dont look it I was alot bigger but lost about 50 already but had to work out 6 days a week 4 hours a day I'm 27 years old and from Nashville TN I can't wait to meet everyone. Dr. Ortiz and staff have been great. Anyway if anyone is scheduled this day let me know. Also a special thanks to Lori on Dr's staff she is great I have bothered her many times.Good Luck to everyone I will be in a private room but I love meeting new people so I will try and say Hi to everyone....................

Chris

I used up all of my American Airline AirMiles I had to get first class because it was the only seats on those days she had open I guess it wont be to bad of a trip.

HELLO QUEENIE05,

I'LL BE LEAVING THE DAY THAT YOU'RE COMING! :(( I WAS HOPING THAT SOMEONE IS SCHEDULED ON THE 25th???

GOOD LUCK!! DARLENE

HEY! :) I'm scheduled for March 24th.. flying in on easter sunday.. AND spring break week... good lord.. I couldn't figure out why tickets were $350 from Portland, OR to San Diego, CA.... but OH WELL.. it's worth it. Any other oregonians? Or.. anyhone.

Darlene.. I will be seeing you . Let's chat :)

HEY! :) I'm scheduled for March 24th.. flying in on easter sunday.. AND spring break week... good lord.. I couldn't figure out why tickets were $350 from Portland, OR to San Diego, CA.... but OH WELL.. it's worth it. Any other oregonians? Or.. anyhone.

HELLO MLGPDX!!

IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE ELSE ON THE FORUM WILL BE THERE AT THE SAME TIME! =D> I WAS GOING TO HAVE MY SURGERY THE 24th BUT WAITED AN EXTRA DAY BECAUSE OF EASTER. I WANTED TO BE HOME WITH THE KIDS. I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT IT WAS SPRING BREAK..... I GOT MY TICKETS IN JAN. I PAID $444 FOR ROUND TRIP FROM PA. I DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS TOO BAD?? I WISH I WAS LEAVING TOMORROW, I AM SOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THIS DONE AND CHANGING THE WAY I EAT AND HOW I LOOK AT FOOD! DROP A LINE ANY TIME! ;) DARLENE

I want to know what are some of the airlines flying form Orlando FL and what are some of the airfares you folks received. Any pointers will help. I want to schedule mine for March but I need to know when it's most inexpensive to fly from Orlando, Florida to San Diego, CA.

Anyone from Florida going anytime soon?

We are going for Surgery on March 19, and we booked our tickets on Delta from Jacksonville to San Diego, stopping in Atlanta for an hour, for about $400, counting taxes. I think there were cheaper flights, but I wanted the ones that had the shortest time in the airports and on the plane. I believe our flights are about 7.5 hours. We got bulkhead seats where they were available.

Paula

Darlene,

I'm getting banded on the 18th & am from Eugene, Oregon....Hoping for some sun while I am there.

Darlene,

I'm getting banded on the 18th & am from Eugene, Oregon....Hoping for some sun while I am there.

HELLO MANDA_T!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY ON THE 18th, SORRY I WON'T SEE YOU! :( I'LL BE THERE ON THE NIGHT OF THE 24th TILL THE 27th. LET US KNOW HOW IT ALL GOES!! DARLENE

Darlene~

I will arrive the 26th..perhaps we will get to meet!

HELLO KIMMIED76,

WE SHOULD GET TO MEET..... PROBABLY AT THE HOTEL. I WILL SPEND THE NIGHT OF THE 26th AT THE HOTEL AND FLY HOME THE 27th. I'LL BE WATCHING OUT FOR OTHER BANDSTERS! :) I'M GOING BY MYSELF AND I'D LIKE TO DO SOME SHOPPING..... HOPING I CAN TAG ALONG WITH OTHER BANDSTERS!!!! ;)

There are 4 of us coming to have it done. Myself, my bestfriend, my Aunt and another girl we know. You are more than welcome to tag along with us!

There are 4 of us coming to have it done. Myself, my bestfriend, my Aunt and another girl we know. You are more than welcome to tag along with us!

THANKS!!! I'D LOVE TO TAG ALONG!! HOPE I DO AS WELL AFTER SURGERY AS ALOT OF BANDSTERS DO.... I SURE DO LOVE TO SHOP! =D>

THANKS!!! I'D LOVE TO TAG ALONG!! HOPE I DO AS WELL AFTER SURGERY AS ALOT OF BANDSTERS DO.... I SURE DO LOVE TO SHOP! =D>

We love to shop too! Also, maybe you can calm our fears since you will be post-op! LOL

Count me in!!! I am scheduled for surgery on March 10th. I am flying in on March 9th to prepare my nerves for the surgery. I had a lapband before but I had a slip so this will be a revision for me. Dr. Ortiz removed my band which is why I feel confident in his ablility to do my revision. I am very nervous and excited because I have been unbanded for about a year.

Hi! I'm having my surgery with Dr Ortiz on March 11th so I guess we should cross paths! How are you doing with your post op diet. BTW This is my first time posting on a forum so please excuse any lack of decorum on my part!

HEY!!!! LET'S GET SOME MORE MARCH SURGERIES LISTED!!! WHO ELSE IS GOING TO DR. ORTIZ IN MARCH???

:-h

I'm scheduled for March 5th. I am very nervous. I start each day confident I am doing the right thing and end the day thinking I am not going! I'm 53, have a BMI of 35, high cholestrol and am uncomfortable with my appearance. I have tried every weight loss program and feel fortunate if I lose 5 lbs. I think my biggest concern is that I will always feel that I am afraid to eat or not be "normal." I am also struggling with the thought that I am taking the "easy" way out or that if I was more disciplined I could lose the weight! I'm driving myself crazy!!

I'm scheduled for March 5th. I am very nervous. I start each day confident I am doing the right thing and end the day thinking I am not going! I'm 53, have a BMI of 35, high cholestrol and am uncomfortable with my appearance. I have tried every weight loss program and feel fortunate if I lose 5 lbs. I think my biggest concern is that I will always feel that I am afraid to eat or not be "normal." I am also struggling with the thought that I am taking the "easy" way out or that if I was more disciplined I could lose the weight! I'm driving myself crazy!!

HELLO DMEE,

I THINK WE'RE ALL AFRAID AT SOME POINT IN THIS JOURNEY, IT'S NORMAL. I'VE ALSO YO-YO DIETED ALMOST ALL MY LIFE AND ALTHOUGH I CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT, I CAN'T KEEP IT OFF. I THINK OF THE LAP BAND AS A TOOL AND NOT A "MAJIC WAND". I DON'T FEEL I'M TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT, THIS HAS BEEN A REALLY HARD ROAD AND I KNOW THAT I NEED HELP. DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL BE FINE!! :) THERE WILL BE LOTS OF OTHER BANDSTERS THERE TO HELP YOU ALONG. I'VE CHATTED WITH A FEW ON THIS FORUM AND HOPE TO MEET UP WITH THEM AT THE HOTEL. CHIN UP, JUST THINK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL A COUPLE MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD! =D> BEST WISHES, DARLENE

Hi

I was banded on 11th Feb ,but I'm coming back for my first fill in March .I'll be at the hotel 25th 26th and leave 27th.Hopefully I see you guys there. It was a wonderful experience.Don't worry.

Nicole

Hi Nicole, please tell me how you are feeling now and what foods you are eating. do you experience any nausea? I'm scheduled for the 5th of March and I am very nervous!!

HELLO DMEE,

I THINK WE'RE ALL AFRAID AT SOME POINT IN THIS JOURNEY, IT'S NORMAL. I'VE ALSO YO-YO DIETED ALMOST ALL MY LIFE AND ALTHOUGH I CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT, I CAN'T KEEP IT OFF. I THINK OF THE LAP BAND AS A TOOL AND NOT A "MAJIC WAND". I DON'T FEEL I'M TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT, THIS HAS BEEN A REALLY HARD ROAD AND I KNOW THAT I NEED HELP. DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL BE FINE!! :) THERE WILL BE LOTS OF OTHER BANDSTERS THERE TO HELP YOU ALONG. I'VE CHATTED WITH A FEW ON THIS FORUM AND HOPE TO MEET UP WITH THEM AT THE HOTEL. CHIN UP, JUST THINK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL A COUPLE MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD! =D> BEST WISHES, DARLENE

Thank you Darlene for your words of encouragement. I will let you know how it goes!!

Hi! I'm having my surgery with Dr Ortiz on March 11th so I guess we should cross paths! How are you doing with your post op diet. BTW This is my first time posting on a forum so please excuse any lack of decorum on my part!

Don't worry about it, I am still getting use to posting on this site. I am not doing very well on the diet but I promise myself I will have the pounds gone by the surgery date.

Elle