March Surgeries

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I GUESS I'LL START OFF THE MARCH GOING-TO-BE-BANSTER...... MY SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 25th!! =D> I WISH I COULD GO SOONER!! WHO ELSE IS GOING IN MARCH??

THE 'CASSIE' EPISODE IS AIRING FEB. 4th??? HER MOM SAID THAT IT WOULD BE A FEW WEEKS UNTIL IT AIRED.... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!

I go March 20th......

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I GUESS I'LL START OFF THE MARCH GOING-TO-BE-BANSTER...... MY SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 25th!! =D> I WISH I COULD GO SOONER!! WHO ELSE IS GOING IN MARCH??

THE 'CASSIE' EPISODE IS AIRING FEB. 4th??? HER MOM SAID THAT IT WOULD BE A FEW WEEKS UNTIL IT AIRED.... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!

Hi there,

Getting banded March 20th.......very nervous thinking about the foods I May never enjoy again.

Hope this is the right thing to do.

UtahMom

I am getting my band on my birthday; March 10th! I am so excited, wish I were going today!

We fly in (from Florida) on Saturday March 8th and plan to run around San diego for a day. My husband and I will be at the Lucerna Hotel on Sunday afternoon.

Any one else planning to be there on Sunday?

Sorry it was a blank response at first...

My sister and I are getting banded March 10th as well. We are flying down from British Columbia, Canada on Sunday the 9th and will be at the Lucerna that afternoon.

We're nervous and excited as we jumped on the bandwagon quickly and are barely hanging on right now it's moving so quickly yet so slow...

Hi there,

Getting banded March 20th.......very nervous thinking about the foods I May never enjoy again.

Hope this is the right thing to do.

UtahMom

HI UTAHMOM!! I GUESS WE'RE ALL WORRIED ABOUT THE FOODS WE MIGHT NOT GET TO EAT AGAIN. I'LL TELL YOU THOUGH, I'VE EATEN ENOUGH OF THE FOODS I LOVE TO LAST ME 2 LIFE TIMES!!! :rolleyes: I ACTUALLY HOPE THAT THERE ARE FOODS I CAN'T TOUCH AGAIN!! I TRUELY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THAT I'M GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF. I HAVE TO HAVE CONSEQUENCES FOR MY ACTIONS.

I KNOW I'M GOING TO WIN THIS BATTLE, ONE DAY AT A TIME! ;) DARLENE

Sorry it was a blank response at first...

My sister and I are getting banded March 10th as well. We are flying down from British Columbia, Canada on Sunday the 9th and will be at the Lucerna that afternoon.

We're nervous and excited as we jumped on the bandwagon quickly and are barely hanging on right now it's moving so quickly yet so slow...

Hi Diane!

I know exactly what you mean but it's getting close! I am so excited and a bit nervous. How's your pre-op diet going? I am struggling with mine, but sticking to it. I am eating an awful lot of green salad.

My husband is flying in with me on Saturday. We'll be at the Lucerne sometime Sunday afternoon too.

I look forward to meeting you and your sister!

Another gal is on for the 10th too. Her name is Elle. Hope we all can get together! =D>

Hi Diane!

I know exactly what you mean but it's getting close! I am so excited and a bit nervous. How's your pre-op diet going? I am struggling with mine, but sticking to it. I am eating an awful lot of green salad.

My husband is flying in with me on Saturday. We'll be at the Lucerne sometime Sunday afternoon too.

I look forward to meeting you and your sister!

Another gal is on for the 10th too. Her name is Elle. Hope we all can get together! =D>

And I am the Sister... :-h LOL ..I think Diane is back to work today (shiftwork)

from the sounds of it, we will meet... I am so excited and I know Diane is too. yet nervous.

Pre-op diet is going good, we have protein shakes from Herbalife and having lean cuisine or weight watchers for dinners. so far I am down 9lbs from Sunday and i was told to lose 15.

just eating my salad as I type.

Guest oh2bthin
Hey there.... I am going March 14th too. I fly in Thurs night!! What time is your flight getting in? I am really nervous about the pain, if there is any, also about anxiety....does anyone know what meds they give you if any when you leave the clinic?

And I am the Sister... :-h LOL ..I think Diane is back to work today (shiftwork)

from the sounds of it, we will meet... I am so excited and I know Diane is too. yet nervous.

Pre-op diet is going good, we have protein shakes from Herbalife and having lean cuisine or weight watchers for dinners. so far I am down 9lbs from Sunday and i was told to lose 15.

just eating my salad as I type.

Hello Diane's Sister;

I'm a little nervous too. Just want to be there...Now!

You are really rockin' on your pre-op diet! I am doing slim fast and a lean cuisine for dinner. I've probably only lost a few lbs. since starting it Monday. It's funny, we are all going to Tijuana yet, not a one of us will be indulging in burritos and Tequila! lol! I am looking forward to a little vacation!

See you at Lucerna!!!

Guest oh2bthin
Hey there.... I am going March 14th too. I fly in Thurs night!! What time is your flight getting in? I am really nervous about the pain, if there is any, also about anxiety....does anyone know what meds they give you if any when you leave the clinic?

I am also going March 14, i am flying into San Diego on the 13th, my flight gets in at 12:30. i heard they dont give you much pain meds to take home, but you can buy them. Are you coming by yourself? where are you coming from?

i look forward to hearing from you.

take care

Guest oh2bthin

Guest oh2bthin

i have been trying to reply to you for 2 days, i think i am doing something wrong, hopefully this will go through. i am also arriving on the 13th. i will be arriving around 10:30a. where are you coming from?

hi I am schedule for the 11th..hubby and I will arrive on the 10th. Looking really forward to it!

anyone else the 11th? take care and see you there...

krista

Hi Krista!

I will also be having my surgery on the 11th!

Elsie

[Darlene,

Its so funny that you said about eating the things you like, cause I bought a 1lb. bag of redvines today. I too feel like this is going to be the only way I will ever lose weight and keep it off. I only have about 50lbs to lose and was greatful for Dr Ortiz agreeing to do my surgery. I used to weigh 240 but my brother was just diagnosed with diabetes and both parents have it and 1 sister. So mine is more of preventing what my later come to me. I found as I got older it was harder & harder to get he weight off. And no matter what I do, it wont budge. I think that is the only reason my hubby is agreeing to this surgery. He doesnt want me to get any illness's and he see's how I struggle with my weight. I cant wait. I wish I could get it done today :)

[Darlene,

Its so funny that you said about eating the things you like, cause I bought a 1lb. bag of redvines today. I too feel like this is going to be the only way I will ever lose weight and keep it off. I only have about 50lbs to lose and was greatful for Dr Ortiz agreeing to do my surgery. I used to weigh 240 but my brother was just diagnosed with diabetes and both parents have it and 1 sister. So mine is more of preventing what my later come to me. I found as I got older it was harder & harder to get he weight off. And no matter what I do, it wont budge. I think that is the only reason my hubby is agreeing to this surgery. He doesnt want me to get any illness's and he see's how I struggle with my weight. I cant wait. I wish I could get it done today :)

HELLO HUNNYB,

I WISH I COULD DO THIS TOMORROW TOO!! I'M READY, AND I REALIZE MORE EVERY DAY THAT I HAVE TO DO THIS FOR MY HEALTH! MY BLOOD PRESSURE IS HIGH AND MY HEART FLUTTERS ALOT. I'M NO SPRING CHICKEN AND ALL THIS YO-YO DIETING IS FINALLY TAKING A TOLL ON ME!! :blink: I LOST OVER 30LBS JUST 2 YEARS AGO BUT GAINED IT ALL BACK + MORE! DIABETES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART DISEASE RUNS IN MY FAMILY.... IF I DON'T DO SOMETHING SOON I DON'T THINK I'LL BE AROUND MUCH LONGER. WE'LL DO GREAT, I KNOW IT! WE'LL BE KEEPING OUR WEIGHT LOSS DIARY'S ON HERE AND SWAPPING RECIPES! :D DARLENE

[Darlene,

Are redvines grapes?

Paula

Are redvines grapes?

Paula

I think they were her "last meal".....Red Licorice Ropes.....DELISH...

My last meal was Olive Garden. Taco Bell, McD....okay so I went on a week binge prior to pre-op. I have to say I will fill guilty when all the resturants close down because we dont go there anymore....

I think they were her "last meal".....Red Licorice Ropes.....DELISH...

My last meal was Olive Garden. Taco Bell, McD....okay so I went on a week binge prior to pre-op. I have to say I will fill guilty when all the resturants close down because we dont go there anymore....

I GUESS EVERYONE HAS A LAST MEAL OF SORTS!! :unsure: I WORK IN A CANDY FACTORY [GREAT, HUH?] WE'RE ALLOWED TO EAT WHAT WE WANT, AS LONG AS IT'S ON THE PRODUCTION FLOOR. [WE CAN'T TAKE IT HOME OR EAT IT IN THE BREAK ROOM.] I'VE BEEN RE-TASTING EVERYTHING THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND THAT STOPS NOW! I'LL BE LAID-OFF FOR THE SUMMER AND GO BACK EARLY FALL. WE'RE ALL GOING TO HAVE CHALLENGES THROUGHOUT OUR JOURNEY, BUT IT'S ALL GOING TO BE FOR THE BETTER!! =D>

Hi I am scheduled with Dr Ortiz on March27 I am so excited. I am from Matherville Illinois so I can't wait to go to Mexico and meet everyone. Dr. Ortiz and staff have been great. I purchased Doctors book and it is very helpful. My family learned a lot too. Anyway if anyone is scheduled this day let me know. Also a special thanks to Lori on Dr's staff she is great I have bothered her many times.

Good Luck to everyone let me know how everyone feels after surgery. ><'

I AM HAVING MY SURGERY ON MARCH 27TH TOO. I AM VERY EXCITED YET VERY SCARIED AT THE SAME TIME. I LIVE 3 HOURS AWAY SO I WILL BE DRIVING. I THINK I AM GOING BY MY SELF, MY SISTER WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE SURGERY THE SAME DAY, BUT SHE IS CHICKENING OUT. SEE IS A DRAMA QUEEN. SO I DONT KNOW IF SHE IS GOING TO DO IT OR NOT.