A Copy of Dr. Miranda's Post Op Guidelines

On the Post-Op board someone had posted guidelines that were not in line with Dr. Miranda's eating plan so I scanned in copies of the post-op paperwork that she gave me, hopefully it will help some of you to pack the correct liquids for the 1-2 days you will be in Mexico and so you can have the right foods at home when you return!

l_98d352915d802019e80a33bf9607f9f9.jpg

l_d41a47357e1bd25e1b0774d9d3c17121.jpg

l_6cce3a3a9ee6e3b92926b50def6ccb3f.jpg

On the Post-Op board someone had posted guidelines that were not in line with Dr. Miranda's eating plan so I scanned in copies of the post-op paperwork that she gave me, hopefully it will help some of you to pack the correct liquids for the 1-2 days you will be in Mexico and so you can have the right foods at home when you return!

Thanks, very much!!!

THANK YOU!!

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Paula

• 4 weeks later...

I am new on this forum, but have seen you on another.. Just want to thank you for posting this..

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Michelle

Thanks for posting these again Michelle, it always helps me refocus on what to get and it helps me work around the fact that my family will be here 4 days post op for a visit and lots of food of course.

Blessings!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I need someone to break this down for me like I was in kindergarten...lol......

1.) So on the post op diet paper it says I can add non-fat liquid yogurt to my diet on day 4 right?

2.) On day 6 I can add protein shakes into my diet, right?

3.) On day 7 I can add creamy soups into my diet, right?

So from day 7 to day 21 its creamy soups, no mushy foods (foods blended to liquid in the blender) what so ever right?

Just for some clarification can someone help me out please.

You've got it Trina. I think especially remembering the NO BLENDER thing is hard to do. I think there's a little conflict between what Dr. Miranda says when she says if you can drink it with a straw (no straws though) then you can have it and then Dr. Ortiz saying NO blenders. If any one can clarify this (perhaps Dolittle or another moderator person) it might help.

BTW Trina I'm getting excited for your upcoming surgery day. Is it Thursday or Friday. Are you all packed already or still waiting. Been to Walmart enough?? LOL. I took way too much stuff and I only took 1 backpack, of course it was crammed but still could have taken half of it and the lighter the better. Who are you going with or are you doing it alone. Take care and I can't wait for your posts once you're out of surgery. They actually let you sit down at the computer there before you leave to post if you want to. That's when I actually really got excited about the forum. Again relax and have fun with it. You've read enough here I am sure to know all the rules which will only help your recovery.

I think I need someone to break this down for me like I was in kindergarten...lol......

1.) So on the post op diet paper it says I can add non-fat liquid yogurt to my diet on day 4 right?

2.) On day 6 I can add protein shakes into my diet, right?

3.) On day 7 I can add creamy soups into my diet, right?

So from day 7 to day 21 its creamy soups, no mushy foods (foods blended to liquid in the blender) what so ever right?

Just for some clarification can someone help me out please.

Yup, you are crystal clear! I went seven days on clears (I think I had a protein drink when Shrty clued me in on day six?) and the rest 'til the 30th for me is creamies. NO BLENDER FOODS Dr. O is adamant about that.