OK so when does this glue come off my belly?

I was banded on mon 4/7, I was told by Occ not to scrub the incisions (DUH), but to wash with soap and water. Well ok, that's some serious super glue, because it has not budged. I would like to start putting on the anti-scar cream. Can anyone give me an idea on how long it takes to come off? :-?

I was banded on the third and started putting neosporin on the cuts at one week and plan to start using mederma at 2. My glue is also still on but I just now started peeling little bits off. I wouldn't be too gung ho about getting it off as you want to be sure that it is fully healed I would wait until 2 weeks before you start worrying too much. Besides keeping it moisturized for now should help to avoid scars. I know the glue makes it feel and look a lot worse than it should but healing is the most important part for now. I have found that when it is ready to be lightly scrubbed getting a washcloth with warm soapy water helps get the job done. Good luck and it will all work out in the end.

Jacklyn

My glue started peeling off about the 10th day post op. I was putting triple antibiotic on it daily even before it started peeling off. I had alot of fun peeling the glue off..haha

I was wondering about the glue too!! So thank you everyone for your answers...I think I will start putting neosporin on it now..I had not thought of doing that before mederma

I was banded on mon 4/7, I was told by Occ not to scrub the incisions (DUH), but to wash with soap and water. Well ok, that's some serious super glue, because it has not budged. I would like to start putting on the anti-scar cream. Can anyone give me an idea on how long it takes to come off? :-?

Mine took 2 weeks to come off. I also heard not to use any of the scar creams that those have a tendency to make them worse rather than better. I got that from the OC. I haven't put anything on mine and they look great. My sister didn't wither and you can't even see hers anymore at all. Just saying.

I got banded almost 3 weeks ago and still have glue. It must be some pretty good stuff! If I wouldn't have picked off some of the peeling pieces, I'd have alot more!! [i'm not much of a picker.] Mine look really good. I had 2 other laproscopic surgeries done in '06 and those scars are hardly noticable and I didn't put anything on them ever.

I forgot to tell you all...they glued my belly button together :wacko: I didn't really notice it till I got home. I was able to get that glue off! :cheerleader:

That is hilarious :rolleyes:

My boobs were stuck too! :lol:

I peeled them off and it felt soooo good! Haha

My boobs weren't stuck but I was nicely dyed with the iodine up high on my chest bone. I have white, white skin and the lovely yellow stain was such a nice touch under my white V-neck T-shirt. :lol:

Alas, sadly, I do not have enough boobs for them to be glued down. Scary part is that they will shrink with the rest of me... (Please, God, NOOOOO!)

For those of you who want to pick at the glue from the incisions, try pouring elmers on your palm, spread it around, and let it dry. When you peel it off, it is soooooooooo much fun, and hurts less than the incision clue.

I am a glue and wax peeler (palms only) since forever. I also had to pick up all my students' glue to keep them from doing the same!

Childish fun!

Alas, sadly, I do not have enough boobs for them to be glued down. Scary part is that they will shrink with the rest of me... (Please, God, NOOOOO!)

For those of you who want to pick at the glue from the incisions, try pouring elmers on your palm, spread it around, and let it dry. When you peel it off, it is soooooooooo much fun, and hurts less than the incision clue.

I am a glue and wax peeler (palms only) since forever. I also had to pick up all my students' glue to keep them from doing the same!

Childish fun!

Hahahahahaha, thast funny Paula!! But, sounds like a good idea as long as enough time has passed that your cuts won't open up.