Banded April 10, 2008

Well hello there Sara! I was wondering about you and how you were holding up. Glad to see things are going well for you.

Good to see you too 4mygirls- your husband was great I noticed that he did stay with you after you were out for the night because I was walking around doing my laps and later on the computers which were located right across from where you were.

Has anyone heard from Kendra or her mom? Just wondering because I haven't heard from her? :lb21: way to go on everyones weight loss so far! I know the creamy soup stage is a little difficult. I think because people normally don't eat soups unless they are sick or it's winter... :D But so far so good. Keep in touch!

Hi to all of those banded on 04/10 !

Thank you for thinking of my daughter. Kendra is doing wonderfully although she has been feeling a little weak. Our flight arrived back in VA at 6:00am Monday morning and she went to school two hours later. I really enjoyed reading all of your posts and am thrilled to hear that everyone is doing well. Kendra had her first post-surgery social experience this past weekend. One of her close friends had a pizza party for her 14th birthday. Instead of declining the invitation, Kendra packed her vitamin water and enjoyed the evening with all of her best friends. I am really proud of her progress. She has lost approximately 30 pounds from her original weigh-in on April 1st. I was driven to the site today for some recommendations on vitamin intake. I purchased some liquid vitamins but she absolutely cannot stand the smell or taste of them. ( can't blame her) I am encouraging protein drinks - I keep a regular supply in the house - but she gets a bit gagged by those too.

Personally, I look forward to returning to Tijuana for some of the best margaritas I have ever had :wacko:

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I have a question for any and all who would be so kind as to answer. HEADACHES!!!!! I have been getting really bad headaches this past four days. I'm increasing my water and other fluids but I can't get away from them. Please help as I don't want to bother the doctors with something so trivial especially since we have so many SMART indiviuals on this forum. Thanks ladies :unsure:

Howdy all!

Lora- So sorry to hear that you are getting headaches!! When I first started the pre-op I had bought some "shakes" that had the artificial sweetener in it and I would have a headache all day! It might be something that you are eating that your body just doesn't like! So I switched to EAS and I am doing Slim fast right now for a change and haven't had 1 headache. Good luck with finding what is the matter. Other then that are you feeling well?

Teeny- I can't wait to hear what you find out about the vitamins. The liquid ones make me gag too. My husband thinks that I need more vitamins because I am cold all the time now. I tease that I am not used to not having as much insulation.. :lol: Has anyone else found themselves getting cold faster?

Loves!

Brook

hey everyone,

Lora- I have been getting headaches for the past 2 days. You are so smart i didnt even think to connect the two. I just take some tyenol and mine get better. Like Brook said it could just be something that we are eating or lacking and our body is not likeing it. So maybe we should jsut pay more attention to what we are consuming as little as it may seem.

Brook- I have been getting cold easier too! it is so weirdd i didnt connect that either to the surgery. But you are right we dont have the insulation that we used too!! hahah Our body is not used to us being so skinny!!! To rememdy this problem I grab my big old fuzzy blanket and cuddle up with my hunny on our big ol couch! That usually does the trick! :D:wub:

Sara

I hear ya Sara! I don't even put the blanket way anymore. Fold it up and put it on the back of the sofa!! :P

I'm doing the same thing Brook. And my boyfriend is enjoying all the close snuggling in bed at night. He doesn't know I'm just going for his body warmth. :rolleyes:

Ladies you maybe low in Iron. Anemia makes you cold. Just a thought.

Too be honest I think it is all the soduim from the soups, I'm not a big salt person and I have noticed after certain soups I feel this way so I am trying to switch and or drink extra water after the one hour time frame.

Brook and Sara have either of you thought of when you are going for your first fill? How about the other April 10th and 11th bandsters?

I do think that I may have a touch of low iron. I am trying to gag down my vitamins everyday but it's easy to skip them when they are so nasty! :lb12: Chris is the same way, Denise, he like the snuggling but hates when I put a cold foot or hand on him. It has turned into a fun game tho. ;)

I haven't really thought about when I am going down to get my fill. I am going to play it by ear until I can start solids and see what my restriction is like. Most likely the 6 or 7 week mark. I know that I want to maybe spend a weekend with tatts for a girls night..... :lb21:

Brook

I'm scheduled for my first fill on May 29th at 1:30.

I bought vitamins but they are huge and hard to chew. I tried them once but wasn't sure I was chewing them up small enough. But thinking back about it, it's probably good practice for chewing.

hey there eveyone,

Lora- I Have thought about when i want to get my fill.............ASAP!!!!! :D I am really just waiting on Brook we are thinking about having a GIRLS NIGHT when she comes down for that weekend so more like a GIRL WEEKEND OUT!!! We should all try to get our fills scheduled around the same weekend so ateast maybe we could all get one night out together! what do you think?

Brook- HAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lb21: :lb14: :lb13: :cheerleader:

Redhead- How long is your trip gonna be? Are you flying in on the 28th?

Hey all April 10th bandster!! Can you believe that we are 3 weeks post-op!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited to get back to the gym and start working out again! I am going to Spin in the morning and will probably get my butt kicked because it's been so long!!! Have a great day...and wishing that solids go down smoothly.

Brook

Hey all April 10th bandster!! Can you believe that we are 3 weeks post-op!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited to get back to the gym and start working out again! I am going to Spin in the morning and will probably get my butt kicked because it's been so long!!! Have a great day...and wishing that solids go down smoothly.

Brook

Happy Solids Day Brook!

My new mantra is 'small bite, chew, chew, chew, chew, etc.,'.

Happy Solids Day April 10th Bandsters!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their first day of "guilt free" solids! I know some of us have cheated, myself included, but today was supposed to be "guilt free" and I still felt guilty! This morning I had a soft scrambled egg, with a 2 oz side of potatoes. For lunch, protien shake. For dinner seasoned broiled chicken, homemade beans, and white rice which probably all added up to about a cup of food - believe it or not! Of course, vitamin water throughout the day and plain water. I'm really not that hungry, I guess because i'm afraid to eat solids. I started with protien first, then carbs, which I just realized i didn't have any veggies today. Gotta get them in tomorrow. My left side has been hurting all day, but it started late yesterday we had a cool wind blow in, and maybe its because of that? The pain is like a pulling muscle, or tightness, when I bend over or move too quickly. I think it's the port area, but I'm not sure? Well hopefully it's nothing.

I am walking about 6000-7000 steps daily now. It usually takes me 45 min to an hour but I do enjoy it and have noticed that I can do more walking now then I did three weeks ago. I am looking forward to the gym, but I a question: can we do anything? i know except ab work, but i'm talking eliptical, spinning, swimming, free wights? Just wondering because i know that swimming and eliptical works your entire body at the same time, so would that be stressful right now? I'm signing up with MamaMichelle's motivation plan, hope to see our progress for this month go smoothly.

Hey Julie

I started back at the gym this week with some light stuff and the elliptical was one thing that I did. I only went slow and steady and felt great. I had no soreness and got a great workout. I am doing a spin class in the morning and will let you know how it goes. Sorry to hear that you port site is feeling sore....I hope that it gets better. I am so glad to hear that you can eat solids without pain. Same here, and feeling really full after not much food. =D> I am pretty sure that we can do anything at the gym besides the abs.

Listen to your body though. Happy working out!

Brook

Happy Solids Day April 10th Bandsters!!

Hope everyone enjoyed their first day of "guilt free" solids! I know some of us have cheated, myself included, but today was supposed to be "guilt free" and I still felt guilty! This morning I had a soft scrambled egg, with a 2 oz side of potatoes. For lunch, protien shake. For dinner seasoned broiled chicken, homemade beans, and white rice which probably all added up to about a cup of food - believe it or not! Of course, vitamin water throughout the day and plain water. I'm really not that hungry, I guess because i'm afraid to eat solids. I started with protien first, then carbs, which I just realized i didn't have any veggies today. Gotta get them in tomorrow. My left side has been hurting all day, but it started late yesterday we had a cool wind blow in, and maybe its because of that? The pain is like a pulling muscle, or tightness, when I bend over or move too quickly. I think it's the port area, but I'm not sure? Well hopefully it's nothing.

I am walking about 6000-7000 steps daily now. It usually takes me 45 min to an hour but I do enjoy it and have noticed that I can do more walking now then I did three weeks ago. I am looking forward to the gym, but I a question: can we do anything? i know except ab work, but i'm talking eliptical, spinning, swimming, free wights? Just wondering because i know that swimming and eliptical works your entire body at the same time, so would that be stressful right now? I'm signing up with MamaMichelle's motivation plan, hope to see our progress for this month go smoothly.

Hey ther Crazycoolbutterfly,

I have been lightly jogging, and doing the ellipictal, and i feel great. I have had no prob with anything just a lil soreness from not working out in so long! That is so awesome with the walking 6000-7000 steps sheeezzeee that is awesome....If you want to try the ellipitical i would i dont think thatit is going to hurt you, but i read that you are having some soreness in you port site, so just take it easy and so a little bit at a time okay??

I hope that everything works out but if you cant then keep on with the walking...just whatever you do you just have to get you heat rate up!! When are you flying in to get your fill? Or are you getting it done in your hometown?

Laters

Sara

Brook,

Centrum now has a liquid multivitamin and it's not bad. That's what I started using a couple days after my surgery and have been using it ever since. You might try it.

I do think that I may have a touch of low iron. I am trying to gag down my vitamins everyday but it's easy to skip them when they are so nasty! :lb12: Chris is the same way, Denise, he like the snuggling but hates when I put a cold foot or hand on him. It has turned into a fun game tho. ;)

I haven't really thought about when I am going down to get my fill. I am going to play it by ear until I can start solids and see what my restriction is like. Most likely the 6 or 7 week mark. I know that I want to maybe spend a weekend with tatts for a girls night..... :lb21:

Brook

Well I'm glad to hear ya'll are doing great with your workouts! I was reading on another link that during your menstrual cycle the band tends to tighten and there is discomfort, so I think that is what is going on with me right now. This is the first time I've had my cycle since the banding, and it seems to be getting better today, lets hope that's what it is. Thank GOD for everyone posting so honestly. I know sometimes I feel like I get a littel TOO personal, but hey, we have to support each other through it all!

I will fly into TJ in June, probably 12th or 13th and stay for a week, my family and I will vacation there and CA for the week, so I scheduled my fill for the 17th, a couple of days before I fly out (just in case I gotta go back to the office or something) hope to see some you guys out there :-h

As for my experience here is my link: My OCC and TJ experience hope it helps out :D

26913b8x3gv308x.gif I love reading and participating on this forum, THANKS~

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! 482595bp20ksiiv6.gif

I know I'm a few days late, but Friday I was traveling and didn't bring my laptop. It's been a month since banding and I am doing so well. I haven't lost any additional weight for about two weeks now, but I feel ALOT lighter. I think it's because I'm walking almost everyday and keeping up with my exercises!

This weekend was I had an awakening to my new "ME". I went "home" to visit my mom and usually when I go home I like to eat at our favorite restaurants. This was different. I didn’t crave any of the old places, I didn’t even mention them. I did try eating new foods (old to me, but new to the band) this weekend and realized that I really didn’t miss the foods I used to love. I mean I used to look forward to going home and eating out at places that I haven’t eaten in a few months. The worst food I ate was a chili cheese hot dog from Wienerschnitzel which turns out is 340 calories (14 g protein, fat 150, sodium 1260), so it really was too bad, considering I could have eaten worse. So I was kind of kicking myself for it, but then found out the calories and I really didn’t do to bad.

I’ve learned that check out the nutritional info even when you think you are eating unhealthy, because it may not be as bad as you may think it is. I mean, I wouldn’t eat a chili cheese hotdog everyday, but you know once in awhile won’t hurt either! I did get compliments on my weight loss, which felt great, but at the same time surreal because it’s been awhile I’ve gotten compliments.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s day and everyone is doing well. A month has flown by, 20 pounds have been lost, and my surgery incisions look like red scratch marks that you can’t even feel. The port aching has ceased and the gas has disappeared. I can’t wait to bend over and tie my tennis shoes properly, you know without having to tie them while leaning to the right or left!

7 Days today! Feel good, lost 10 pounds!!! since surgery date. 20 since March 15 when I started the pre-op diet!!! WOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO! :yahoo: I finally weighed myself today. I think I will just weigh myself once a week. Daily seems agonizing... hope everyone else is doing well. I started back on the Optifast shakes and I only eat when I feel hungry. I'm also walking 3000-4000 steps around my neighborhood park while the kids are playing daily. I'm doing this Monday thru Friday and will rest on the weekends. I want to work up to the 10,000 daily steps that Dr. Miranda recommends. Of course, I may walk more than that daily, but these steps are totally dedicated to toning and losing. Does anyone else like follow a eating/exercise schedule or anything yet? I always look up other doctors post-op diet information, just for fun... and I notice a variety of "phases" for example, there are some docs that say you can already be eating mashed potatoes, sugar-free pudding and things like that by day 7! Also noticed that there are schedules for eating, such as every 2-3 hours, eat a serving of yogurt, protien shake, broth...etc...anyone doing stuff like this? Just asking because I find it very interesting to see that there is a variet of ways to get back into solids.

Trust me, I don't even think I want solids right now. I'm totally terrified. Only because I feel pretty full with the broths and shakes now, I feel like i would be stuffed once i start solids :wacko: I know, I know, some of you are thinking "CRAZY, can't wait to get to solids", but even when i start solids I am going to start with the Optifast ready to eat entrees because they are portioned, low sodium, low fat...or maybe the Smartones (from weightwatchers), either way I am not going to do the burgers, fries, pizza thing because the whole reason I did this is to LOSE weight. I think eating junk would defeat the purpose. BUT don't get me wrong, I probably will cave once or twice, but I won't beat myself about it. I even think when I cave, I will regret it because I won't feel so hot. You know like once you start eating healthy for awhile and you throw in some fat, your tummy goes wack? hahahha :lol: Well that's all for todays update. Oh and I also decided that I am going to buy myself some flowers each time I lose 10 lbs. Kinda little reward for myself...or really from my husband because he'll be paying for them. :man_in_love:

><'

----------------

weight.png

20.gif

You CRACK me up.. now I want flowers.. :)

• 1 month later...