Wemade it - 4/21 Banders are DONE

HELLO....Everyone....I'm a member of the band. My friend Maryellen and I just finished and are now sucking on some ice pops.

I have nothing negative to say about any of this. The driver was at the airport at the exact time 12:30. He just finished picking up Julie who flew in from Vancouver. We went to the hotel, ehecked in and hung out by the pool for a few hours. I got some sun on my face and arms. I needed it, I was so pale. Julie, MaryEllen and I went out to dinner at La Differencia, an authentic Mexican restaurant. The food was EXCELLENT, I even had a margarita.

Everything wenst smoothly for the pre-op visits, very organized. I was #2 for surgery. While back in my room, they had me attached to a sleep apnea monitor and I snored and stopped breathing about 6 times setting the buzzer off. After the 6th tim, they disconnected me and made me get up to walk.

Everyon of the staff is just lovely, so professional, very caring. If time and finances permit it, I woul so want to come back for one on my fills....maybe the first one. And ladies....I think Dr. Martinez is the cutest one of the bunch.

I'm not hungry at the moment. But after having had a recent laparascopic hysterectomy, I know the discomfort is all from the gas pain, so ya gotta keep walking, walking, walking.

The wait is finally over, I'm so glad I've had this done. My total weight loss pre-op was 19 lbs.

Barb

OOPS....I didn't know that Jena was still signed on when I started posting....it's me, Barb AKA Bjansert who just finished the surgery along with my friend MaryEllen. WE FINALLY MADE IT!!!!

There are six of us here, Julie from Vancouver, a husband and wife team from Florida, Carrier and Dag and Bonnie from Massachusetts. AND WE ARE ALL DONE. We're betting on marathons in the hallways.....Gentleman start your IV bottles.....

OK...read everything above, but know it's from BJansert, not Jenn

HELLO....Everyone....I'm a member of the band. My friend Maryellen and I just finished and are now sucking on some ice pops.

I have nothing negative to say about any of this. The driver was at the airport at the exact time 12:30. He just finished picking up Julie who flew in from Vancouver. We went to the hotel, ehecked in and hung out by the pool for a few hours. I got some sun on my face and arms. I needed it, I was so pale. Julie, MaryEllen and I went out to dinner at La Differencia, an authentic Mexican restaurant. The food was EXCELLENT, I even had a margarita.

Everything wenst smoothly for the pre-op visits, very organized. I was #2 for surgery. While back in my room, they had me attached to a sleep apnea monitor and I snored and stopped breathing about 6 times setting the buzzer off. After the 6th tim, they disconnected me and made me get up to walk.

Everyon of the staff is just lovely, so professional, very caring. If time and finances permit it, I woul so want to come back for one on my fills....maybe the first one. And ladies....I think Dr. Martinez is the cutest one of the bunch.

I'm not hungry at the moment. But after having had a recent laparascopic hysterectomy, I know the discomfort is all from the gas pain, so ya gotta keep walking, walking, walking.

The wait is finally over, I'm so glad I've had this done. My total weight loss pre-op was 19 lbs.

Barb

AHHH thank you, I too thought Dr. Martinez was the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one.

Hope you heal quickly and welcome to band land!

No matter which one you are :P it sounds like it went WONDERFULLY! (Hope you both/all feel that way)

Hi Barb... congrats on being banded. I'm being done on May 15th. When you were picked up at the airport, you mentioned that you were taken directly to the hotel? I thought they take you directly to the OCC for pre-ops? Do you know why they didn't do your pre-ops the day before?

Hi Barb... congrats on being banded. I'm being done on May 15th. When you were picked up at the airport, you mentioned that you were taken directly to the hotel? I thought they take you directly to the OCC for pre-ops? Do you know why they didn't do your pre-ops the day before?

It depends what day of the week it is. I was banded on a monday and came in sunday so I went right to the hotel.

I just got in from Mexico. Apparently the clinic is not open on Sundays for pre-op. So when Francisco dropped us off at the hotel, he said to be ready in the lobby for a 7:00 am pickup. The six of us got to the clinic and then everything started happening immediately.

I know I'm in the healing phase right now, but I can't believe from not eating anything since Sunday night, I've actually gained 5 lbs. I'm feeling really bloated. The last meal I had was Sunday night at a Mexican restaurant called La Differencia, the food was awesome. In addition to shopping, we took advantage of the beautiful weather by the pool and I got a little too much sun. My thighs are the worst, making it hard to really do much walking. I'm suppose to go back into work tomorrow, but I think I'll just stay home and take it easy.

Barb

I just got in from Mexico. Apparently the clinic is not open on Sundays for pre-op. So when Francisco dropped us off at the hotel, he said to be ready in the lobby for a 7:00 am pickup. The six of us got to the clinic and then everything started happening immediately.

I know I'm in the healing phase right now, but I can't believe from not eating anything since Sunday night, I've actually gained 5 lbs. I'm feeling really bloated. The last meal I had was Sunday night at a Mexican restaurant called La Differencia, the food was awesome. In addition to shopping, we took advantage of the beautiful weather by the pool and I got a little too much sun. My thighs are the worst, making it hard to really do much walking. I'm suppose to go back into work tomorrow, but I think I'll just stay home and take it easy.

Barb

Sunburn will make you retain water.. Also I believe having surgery can make you retain..

Sunburn will make you retain water.. Also I believe having surgery can make you retain..

Well, that little piece of advice made me feel a whole lot better, thanks Redgridj....I kind of suspected the abdominal surgery would leave me feeling a little bloated, but didn't realize about the water retention from the sunburn...OMG are my legs red!

I also realized tonight that I haven't gone to the bathroom (you know, #2) since last Saturday.....makes me think of a joke from Ron White of Blue Collar Comedy...he was talking about going to the bathroom and I think the joke went something like this " did you ever take a crap so big your pants fit better afterwards....well I'm 1 turd away from a whole new wardrobe".

Yep, I can understand where he's coming from!

Barb

Well, that little piece of advice made me feel a whole lot better, thanks Redgridj....I kind of suspected the abdominal surgery would leave me feeling a little bloated, but didn't realize about the water retention from the sunburn...OMG are my legs red!

I also realized tonight that I haven't gone to the bathroom (you know, #2) since last Saturday.....makes me think of a joke from Ron White of Blue Collar Comedy...he was talking about going to the bathroom and I think the joke went something like this " did you ever take a crap so big your pants fit better afterwards....well I'm 1 turd away from a whole new wardrobe".

Barb

Sweetie 1/4 a lemon and boil it, skin and all. Then drink the water.. it tastes different but will help the water retention

OMG Barb... I love Blue Collar Comedy! I can relate to that comment! lol Too funny! Did you or can you take Metamucil after the surgery to help you go?

Barb

I didn't go #2 for a week after either. And when I finally did, I was amazed that anything came out since it was only clear liquids going in.