Shoulder pain STILL

I'm now at 13 days post op and still having shoulder pain. I am just having my breakfast shake and instantly the pain came on. I can count on it everytime I put something in my stomach. If I'm able to burp it subsides but until then it feels like a toothache but only in the shoulder. It's not as intense or as spread out as when I first had surgery, but it keeps coming back. How long does this last?

Denise

Hey Redhead,

My pain lasted at least 2 and half weeks. Somone else made a post about the pain actually being from your band area but you feel it in your shoulder. I said that it made sense because when I had appendisitis? My pain started around my belly button area [i thought I had intestinal flu] but then it moved to my lower right side. I went to the Doc and had to have it removed. Nothing really helped my shoulder pain, I found that if I ate or drank cold stuff, it seemed worse. I tried to stick to warm or hot and it wasn't so bad. I'm almost 1 month post op and no more pain, no matter what I eat or drink [thank God!!]

:lb4: Good Luck Red, Hopefully it'll go away soon! Darlene

Hi Darlene,

Thanks for your reply. It was actually me that started the post about the shoulder pain being referral pain. I have to say its not as intense or lasts as long as it first did, its just really draining. When It hits, I automatically rub it, but it doesn't help. I have found if I take small sips of water I can get out little burps and eventually it dissipates. ...but I'm sure it'll get better with time.

Take care,

Denise

I had it for a month and I'm 2 months out and yesterday I had shoulder pain. It doesn't happen often, but I sometimes it will come on. Motrin will take it away. I feel your pain, mine was awefull my stomach never hurt, I felt fine. I was just the shoulder pain. Good luck hope your feel better soon!!!

Donna

Just wanted to let you know that my Hubby and daughter are comming down for my fill on May 29th!! Are you still scheduled for then? Take care!

Hi Darlene,

Yes, I'm still scheduled for the 29th. I emailed Rene to ask about someone else being scheduled for a fill at the same time as me and his reply was that it was still good. LOL. So... guess you and I are sharing an X-ray screen. LOL. I'm really looking forward to seeing you there.

Denise

I had it for a month and I'm 2 months out and yesterday I had shoulder pain. It doesn't happen often, but I sometimes it will come on. Motrin will take it away. I feel your pain, mine was awefull my stomach never hurt, I felt fine. I was just the shoulder pain. Good luck hope your feel better soon!!!

Donna

Hi Donna,

I'm the same. NO stomach pain. Its all in the shoulder. ...although my boyfriend suggested it was all in my head (to which I warned him that he had better be nice to me since I'm still bigger than him). :P

Have a great day,

Denise

I have the shoulder pain everyday, I have been taking a pain killer which seems to help, but as soon as the effect wears off the pain is back. I feel as though I need to adjust it, you know "crack" it, and I move it around and nothing! I know what you are going thru, I hope it gets better and from the comments it looks like it does. It's only been 6 days....patience.....it's a virtue I lack....most of the time. :lb12: :blink:

God am I ever lucky!!! I never had shoulder pain at all and I was so afraid I would. I had it all in my stomach although I wouldn't call it pain. Just a horrible bloating.

I've heard people have it for so long and I do know I am one lucky gal! Thats good too because I am such a whiner!

I'm 19 days post-op and I still get the shoulder pain. It's after I've been sitting for a while, like in the late afternoon. If I get it on the weekend, I go take a quick walk, and then lay down. It usually goes away and sorts itself out. It's not in your head!!

Hi Donna,

I'm the same. NO stomach pain. Its all in the shoulder. ...although my boyfriend suggested it was all in my head (to which I warned him that he had better be nice to me since I'm still bigger than him). :P

Have a great day,

Denise