Packing my bags!

I have been packing my bags (well my carry-on) tonight!! I leave in the morning and have surgery on Tuesday. I have so many feeling about going. My husband is sad that he doesn't get to go with me. He's worried about me having surgery w/o him there. I keep telling him that it will be fine but of course Im nervous too. Its also the first time I have left my baby over night. She's 8 months old. I know that long term the 4 day trip is well worth it but man is it hard to leave. I'm traveling with a friend who is also getting banded so I will have good company. I hope the days go by fast and I can get home to my family. I'm looking forward to making new life changes!!

You will be just fine! I know it is hard to leave your baby but think of it as doing it so you will be around for her a lot longer. Congratulations and let us know how you do!

Nebsmom,

Oh.. I know what you mean about leaving your baby and husband behind and it being hard. I had the same experience and my little girls are almost 4 and almost 5! I've just never been away from them before and the first time is always the hardest. Sweetie remember that you DO need that time to recover after surgery and the more rest you get the faster your recovery and the sooner you can resume to taking care of your family.

A reminder too that when you return from surgery not to lift up anything heavy. It will be very hard but try not to lift your baby (if your baby is heavy) until your stitches are fully healed. Ask Dr. O and Dr. M about this and how long before you could. I had a bit of bleeding on my port cut because my 3 year old is so clingy and just wanted to be picked up, she weighs about 28-30 lbs. A mistake 'cause it did create some unnecessary added healing time to my recovery. I'll be praying for you this morning. For you and your family. OCC will take really good care of you!

Blessings,

Hanna

Don't worry... Be happy! (Sorry, but I couldn't resist.) The surgery is as wonderful as it can be, and it will be good for you to have a little break from the routine at home... besides, you can sleep late! Your husband and baby will do fine without you, and you will come back a little sore, but looking forward to the rest of your life; more time to spend with your baby as she grows up. AND... your husband will have more time to love you because you will be healthy.

Best of luck..