I was banded yesterday 4/29!!

I was 4th in line yesterday for my banding. Initially I was quite nervious. Then I met the staff. Everyone is so great. Before I knew it I was out of surgery and back in my bed. The kept up on the nausea and pain meds and fed me those wonderful polsickles. I had an excellent experience.

A toast to the first day of the rest of my like. Thank you all your support! This forum saved me!.

I was 4th in line yesterday for my banding. Initially I was quite nervious. Then I met the staff. Everyone is so great. Before I knew it I was out of surgery and back in my bed. The kept up on the nausea and pain meds and fed me those wonderful polsickles. I had an excellent experience.

A toast to the first day of the rest of my like. Thank you all your support! This forum saved me!.

Isn't life good! And the forum just makes it better. Welcome to your new life!

Congratulations and welcome to bandland :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! =D> WELCOME TO BAND LAND!!

So happy to hear that everything went smoothly - honestly though, its not a suprise. I don't think I have heard a single negative comment about Dr. Ortiz and his staff. The most I have heard about was some mix ups with transportation. I am so happy to be able to come here and read all these positive stories because otherwise I might be a nervous wreck! Thanks for sharing your story :D

Congrats on the band. My surgery was on April 25, 2008 (my dads birthday and my new birthday). Things are going well with my new band, but I am struggling with the not eating, as I am sure many of you did. It is hard not getting discouraged but I have already lost almost 10 lbs and once I get to eat I know it will be worth it. :wacko: I must say this forum has helped. I can read daily about people who are experiencing the exact same feelings I am having. Knowing that so many make it through this first two weeks is so encouraging. Thanks all for keeping it real.

Hi Nebsmom,

Glad all went well. In a few more days, you will be able to eat creamy soups and that really helped sustain me - in fact, I was never hungry. Now, I am eating solids again and waiting for my first fill. I am only down about 8 lbs since my surgery date of April 2 - but everyone tells me that 's ok. It's not about losing weight before the fill. It's about healing, adjusting and just being happy we did it!

So welcome, and Happy New Birthday,

Helen ><'

Welcome!!! :lb9: Glad to hear all went well, now you are on your way to a new you.