any good/healthy suggestions for breakfast???

scared

okay so before my band i would eat a bagel everyday for breakfast :rolleyes:

What's the first thing dr. Miranda says when we are first able to eat..."Bagels usually don't go down well with the band".. :wacko:

okay so now on 5/2 I will be able to finally eat...

and looking forward to it.. dont want a shake for breakfast...so does anyone have any suggestions???? :lb12:

What's the first thing dr. Miranda says when we are first able to eat..."Bagels usually don't go down well with the band".. :wacko:

and looking forward to it.. dont want a shake for breakfast...so does anyone have any suggestions???? :lb12:

A small serving of oatmeal, or a scrambled egg or yogurt or a piece of string cheese.

Bran muffin

Yogurt

Fruit and cheese

??????

I have no idea what I will eat after I have my first fill.

For now, I'm back to drinking a Slim Fast Optima shake for breakfast.

Scared, its good to hear from you. Enjoy your day of food, I know I will. Cream of Wheat is also good and they come in various flavors now. Keep us posted.

I have always had questions about breakfast because of the "divide the plate into 4 sections" rule. One section is green vegetables.. I am NOT going to eat green vegetables for breakfast... at least not a half a cup. A few tossed on an omlet is one thing, but 1/2 cup? ....

I am usually tight in the mornings and am lucky to get just a packet of oatmeal, or a scrambled egg in!

I LOOOOVE The Quaker Oatmeal "Weight Control" Brand-

weightControlMBS.jpgEspecially the Maple and Brown Sugar Flavor (the other 2 flavors are Cinnamon and Banana Bread) all flavors have only 160 calories per serving.

From their Website:

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day— especially if you're trying to watch your weight. Now you can take weight off your mind and start your day with a delicious bowl of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal. Quaker Weight Control is an instant oatmeal designed to help you meet your weight loss goals!

6 Grams of Fiber- Research shows that people who eat a diet higher in fiber tend to weigh less.

7 Grams of Protein -Protein helps you feel full and promotes lean muscle mass.

2 Servings of Whole Grains - Research shows that people who eat a diet rich in whole grains tend to weigh less.

• 2 months later...
I make oatmeal with diced walnuts and a small handful of blueberries and a shake of cinnamon. Put some sugar free pancake syrup on the top and it is yummy.

IVE BEEN TOLD THAT ALL NUTS ARE A NO NO.. I was told by my Dr. Dr Simpson that nuts dont break down and small bits can get stuck in the pouch and cause complications. He said just best to avoid all types of nuts.. And he is pretty liberal on what you can and cannot eat..

IVE BEEN TOLD THAT ALL NUTS ARE A NO NO.. I was told by my Dr. Dr Simpson that nuts dont break down and small bits can get stuck in the pouch and cause complications. He said just best to avoid all types of nuts.. And he is pretty liberal on what you can and cannot eat..

Thanks for that info. I wonder what Dr. Miranda or Dr. Ortiz think. I know they are hard to digest and this makes good sense. But no nuts forever........and ever again. I'd be ................NUTS!!!!!!!! :ireful1:

Now that sounds good!!!

I make oatmeal with diced walnuts and a small handful of blueberries and a shake of cinnamon. Put some sugar free pancake syrup on the top and it is yummy.

I know that Almonds don't go down well with me, but I as well hope that I will be able to eat other nuts. I haven't tried yet. Nuts are such a good source of protein and good fats.

• 4 weeks later...