post op diet

rob3639

the post op diet is clear liquids for 21 days. You add drinkable yogurt then creamy soups around day 7 and 11. Are you getting banded at OCC? If so Dr. Miranda will give you all this as well. Good luck

the post op diet is clear liquids for 21 days. You add drinkable yogurt then creamy soups around day 7 and 11. Are you getting banded at OCC? If so Dr. Miranda will give you all this as well. Good luck

yes occ on 5/14/08

I didn't have my surgery with Dr. Ortiz but find this site to be very informative. I am on day 4 and think I may have jumped the gun on drinking creamy soup. My list of ok things to have was creamy soup so put in the blender and tasted really good but I have that pressure in my chest feel so full, never want to feel that again so back to clear broth for me.

I've lost 12 lbs since Thursday however. Strangest thing is the day after and through today my stomach is growling although no way I could drink anything more. My doc said that was funny but would eventually go away once can start to eat more solid food. Have any of you experienced the growling of your stomach this soon after surgery? :lb12:

yes - i had cramping, grumbling, gurgling - all that! I thought it was all gas pains until I tried to drink half a milkshake. All that went away for 4-5 blissful hours!!! I think I was hungry!!!

I too tried creamy soups on the early side - and it was nothing but gas and trouble for me.

Take it easy, baby steps. I've been there - you'll be onto solids before you know it!!!

I totally have a party going on in my stomach, and it wasn't because I drank a whole bunch of alcohol! I wish! lol I'm sure it's all just gas.

I think I've got this all figured out now. All that pain in chest area etc was gas, it wasn't that I was full just filled with gas. Using those gas-x put on your tongue tape things really helped, I think I used the maximum per day 8 for the first 4 days. Plus walking helped.

Now on day 11 and feel great. Started back to work today. I'm on the baby food stage with first appt with doc on Wed. I think they initially tell you to be on the all liquids for 2 weeks because that really is when you loose most of your weight. As soon as I moved to baby food consistency it slowed to less than a lb a day. The biggest tip I have for all of you is getting all your liquid protein in. I hated the shakes, not a big sweets person so I found these protein bullets on line and they deliver 47 grams in 1 shot. I pour it into a 20 oz bottle fill with water and sip on it until gone over a few hours then all my protein is in for the day and anything else I have is just gravy towards the 50+ supposed to get. As soon as I started to do that my energy came back and I feel so much better.

Shortcut to: http://www.supplements.net/SearchResults.a...t1Vo9V7rw298pHd

Greetings,

I'm also not a patient of Dr. O, but now 5 days post op here in Western Canada. Since the day after surgery my biggest problem was the gas. I guess I'm just one of the lucky few who swallow a lot of gas naturally (big mouth?). Anyway, 99% of my post op pains comes from that! I have been on the 100% clear fluids now and I'm starting to run into problems. Mainly I'm running out of energy and now for the first time I'm starting to feel what I would swear is raving hunger at times. Yet, no urge to eat any of the tasty stuff the roomies are eating. I'm also having significant gas pains at times and bringing it up through the top has been painful. Getting it out through the other end.. well I think the neighbors must think I'm breeding sea lions or some other deep aquatic mammals just from the sounds my guts make WITHOUT the expulsion of gas! I swear last night it sounded like the love calls of a lonely forlorn walrus!

I think I'm going to advance on to the shakes now, thin to be sure, but honestly I am curious to know what others have done regarding gas? I have chewable gas-x which doesn't seem to do much. Someone mentioned something that goes on the tongue?

Anything?

-Jesse

Have you tried Phazyme??? Its over the counter. Gax x doesn't work for me. Try Phazyme! Also, another thing I startet on Day 4 was Dannon Lite and Fit Smoothie yogurt. Your body needs those enzymes!!! Try some yogurt, that will help a ton!!

Hi, I'm from Western Canada as well. Vancouver! Walk, walk, walk. That will definitely help you pass the gas. The tongue strips are Gas X.