JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

HI everyone...my name is Sara and I will be banded on June 25th by Dr. Ortiz. I am super excited and super nervous. Is anyone being banded on the same day?

Hi Sara!

I'm getting banded on the 24th - with my sister. If you're doing pre-op on the 24th I may see you then.

If not - good luck!!

:)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sara!

I'm getting banded on the 24th - with my sister. If you're doing pre-op on the 24th I may see you then.

If not - good luck!!

Hey. How exciting that you and your sister are doing it together. Yes I will be there on the 24th for my pre-op, so hopefully I will get to see you guys. How is your pre-op diet going? Which option are you doing?

HI everyone...my name is Sara and I will be banded on June 25th by Dr. Ortiz. I am super excited and super nervous. Is anyone being banded on the same day?

I am getting banded on June 27th. I get in on June 26th at 10:30 am. Maybe I will see you there!!

Hey. How exciting that you and your sister are doing it together. Yes I will be there on the 24th for my pre-op, so hopefully I will get to see you guys. How is your pre-op diet going? Which option are you doing?

Hopefully we'll see eachother on the 24th! Yes, it's awesome doing it with my sister. She's in CA and I'm in NY, but we've been talking on the phone about it almost every day.

About the diet, we're actually doing our own versions of the diet, which Dr. Miranda has approved - as long as we guarantee that we get the same weight loss. We've been doing a low cal diet of about 1000 calories a day for the past two weeks, so it'll be three weeks total. I've lost 6 pounds and Dr. M wants me to lose 8-10 - so I need to make sure I get at least two more pounds off this week. A little scary, but I think it'll happen.

How about you??

I am getting banded on June 27th. I get in on June 26th at 10:30 am. Maybe I will see you there!!

You probably will I should still be there. If not we can connect back here after our surgeries and see how each other are doing. Im so excited it will be here before we know it. Good luck

Hopefully we'll see eachother on the 24th! Yes, it's awesome doing it with my sister. She's in CA and I'm in NY, but we've been talking on the phone about it almost every day.

About the diet, we're actually doing our own versions of the diet, which Dr. Miranda has approved - as long as we guarantee that we get the same weight loss. We've been doing a low cal diet of about 1000 calories a day for the past two weeks, so it'll be three weeks total. I've lost 6 pounds and Dr. M wants me to lose 8-10 - so I need to make sure I get at least two more pounds off this week. A little scary, but I think it'll happen.

How about you??

I'm have been doing the same thing you have been except for tomorrow I will start the protein shakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so we will see how that goes. Well we are almost there. If we dont see each other there than we can connect back here after the surgery. I hope all goes well.

I'm have been doing the same thing you have been except for tomorrow I will start the protein shakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so we will see how that goes. Well we are almost there. If we dont see each other there than we can connect back here after the surgery. I hope all goes well.

Yeah. I'm actually starting shakes today - I haven't lost anything for almost a week and I'm feeling frustrated and worried. I'm hardly eating anything so I don't know what's going on.

Good luck to you if I don't see you!

Hey everyone, been reading you for awhile-thanks for the silent support! I was banded on Monday-and feel GREAT!!! Why did I wait so long? If you guys only knew how much I have been pulling strength from all of your responses-well, thanks!

Janet

Columbia, SC

Banded: 6/16/08

Previous weight: 205

Pre-surgery 198

5'2"

Hey everyone, been reading you for awhile-thanks for the silent support! I was banded on Monday-and feel GREAT!!! Why did I wait so long? If you guys only knew how much I have been pulling strength from all of your responses-well, thanks!

Great to hear you're doing so well!

Keep us posted on your progress.

I just got banded on June 20th.. I am feel pretty good and it is only Monday =D> How was everyone's first week after surgery did you have a hard time drinking the protein & fluids consistenly... my dietition has me pretty much having something every hour and I can not come close to that.. how was your experience for the first week? Thanks look forward to hearing from you..

I just got banded on June 20th.. I am feel pretty good and it is only Monday =D> How was everyone's first week after surgery did you have a hard time drinking the protein & fluids consistenly... my dietition has me pretty much having something every hour and I can not come close to that.. how was your experience for the first week? Thanks look forward to hearing from you..

Good for you! I was banded on the 16th. so i am right there with ya! Again, I am amazed at the different approach Drs take-you're on protein? I am on clear for 2 weeks, but yesterday the Dr told me I could have 1 watered down protein a day since I am STARVING! (mentally and physically?) Anyway-keep that positive attitude, and we will somehow get through these next few weeks before food! Keep the fluids coming, sips consistently!

Good luck!

Janet

Good for you! I was banded on the 16th. so i am right there with ya! Again, I am amazed at the different approach Drs take-you're on protein? I am on clear for 2 weeks, but yesterday the Dr told me I could have 1 watered down protein a day since I am STARVING! (mentally and physically?) Anyway-keep that positive attitude, and we will somehow get through these next few weeks before food! Keep the fluids coming, sips consistently!

Good luck!

Janet

Hello and good for you... glad to feel someone is in the same boat as me.. :-) have you started walking or anything yet? I just today feel good enough to get up from sitting down and feel like I can move around a little but of course it is raining like crazy outside...

Yes my schedule is as follows.

Day 1 they only had me on clear liquid day 1 post operatively 28-32 oz the first day

Days 2-8 they have me 56 oz clear liquids 50 grams protein (through five 8oz of high protein low sugar beverage)

Days 9-16 liquid milk products and smooth foods 56oz clear liquids 50 grams protein four 8 oz protein and one of either yogurt/sugar free pudding or creamed soup and one either applesauce/mashed potator or puree vegetable soup

Days 17-31 three small meals and 3-4 snacks of diced pureed ground sofe cooked food with still 56oz of clear fluid and 50 grams of protein

Day 32 - stage 5 low fat solids...

Everyone has such different schedules it gets me nervous that I am doing something wrong. lol... I know I am fine but I would think everyone would be the same up until stage 5 when they decide on the caloric intake...

I am getting my first fill on wednesday June 25th :rolleyes: , in Arlington, Wa. I will be curious to see if I get a little restriction.

Hi Everyone,

New here, but catching the tail end of June!

I was banded by Dr. O on the 16th and have scheduled my first fill for the 29th of July.

Looking forward to solid food next week. B)

Hi, Phoenix. Glad to see you here. Congratulations on sticking with your liquid diet; it will make those solids all the sweeter when you can eat them "legally!"