JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

Hello fellow newbies!

Am being banded by Dr. Ortiz June 9th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Jann

When do you arrive in San Diego, at what time, I arrive at 12:45pm on the 9th. What hotel they put you in.

Denise

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting my 2nd fill June 2nd. Can't wait to meet all of you that are getting banded that day. Its still excting for me to see everyone that is about to change their lives for a healthier and skinnier one!

=D>

Maytee

I have a date and I'm buying my plane tickets!!! June 27th.

Janell :D

I'm brand new here and just confirmed my surgery for June 23rd.....so excited! I'm coming from Los Angeles and am considering taking the train to San Diego. I wonder if I could be met there? Otherwise, I'll take a cab to the airport. I would love to meet up with anyone arriving the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...me and my parents are all being banded. We will be picked up by the driver at 11am Tuesday, June 3rd and our surgery in Wednesday, June 4th. I'm on day 2 of the pre-op diet (started a little late) and I have low energy right now but I'm pushing through. I see the "bigger picture"!! I hope to meet all you wonderful people!!!

Angela

First fill June 20! Can't wait. Now I realize the scary part is doing "my part" post surgery and not the surgery itself. I lost a lot of good enery worrying for nothing pre-op. Good luck on your upcoming surgeries.

My fill is the 20th as well. Are you flying in or driving. I am flying in and renting a car for the border. You are welcome to ride if you don't already have plans.

Blessings!

Mom12,

I have a couple of questions about your travel arrangement, if you don't mind. How long are you planning to be in TJ? My partner and I will arrive on the 18th and be there until the 23rd. BUT we want to cross back into the states to get married in CA. We are not sure how to work the transportation. So, any information would be helpful.

Elaine

My fill is the 20th as well. Are you flying in or driving. I am flying in and renting a car for the border. You are welcome to ride if you don't already have plans.

Blessings!

Mom12,

I have a couple of questions about your travel arrangement, if you don't mind. How long are you planning to be in TJ? My partner and I will arrive on the 18th and be there until the 23rd. BUT we want to cross back into the states to get married in CA. We are not sure how to work the transportation. So, any information would be helpful.

Elaine

Elaine,

congratulations! I assume you are planning to spend a couple days in California after you go to tijuana? You can take a cab from OCC to the border and walk across quite easily, then catch a cab or a trolley from there. You might want to look at dolittle's post about taking cabs and trolleys two and from the clinic, which is under the "Fill Doctors and Fill Trips to TJ" area. You could also ride the OCC van to the San Diego airport and make other travel arrangements from there, but that would be more expensive unless you are going down for your surgery in which case the van trip to the airport is included in your surgery price.

I've been back and forth across the border to the clinic six or seven times and it's pretty easy.

Mom12,

Elaine

Elaine,

I will be arriving at SD airport and renting a car at 9:00 AM. I will drive to border and park car on US side. My fill apt. is 12:00 PM at OCC. Will probably hang out for a little bit after fill just to have a drink and see how things are going then I will take taxi back to border walk across and pick up car. After that I should still have several hours before returning to car to airport by 7:00 to make my 8:30 PM flight home. If you would like a ride from the border to anywhere between there and the airport, I would be game. I was thinking about taking my book and heading to the beach for a few hours in SD before returning to the airport. It's not everyday I am near the ocean.

Blessings!

Valerie(Mom12)

Ok, I have the furthest surgery date out so far, June 19th.

I am excited! We will be staying a couple extra days so I hope I will be feeling up to seeing some of the city. I love playing with photography so I hope to get some good scenic shots in before I come home. I want to come home with some AWESOME photos. So, those of you there before me, if you see any great scenic spots, let me know. The walking around to get the photos should be good for me after the procedure.

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

I will also be having surgery on June 19th along with 3 other people, we are all traveling together. We will be arriving on the 18th and leaving on the 21st. I'm sure we will see you there!

Erin :-h

I will be at the OCC June 19th - 22nd & I will be having my band surgery on June 20th. (the day before my birthday) :rolleyes:

I will be there also! My surgury is the 19th but I will be there from the 18th to the 21st! Hope to see you there!

Hi Charlotte,

I hope you are doing well since you had your surgery almost 1 month ago. I had my pre-op appt. yesterday and am just waiting for next Thursday! My personal email is pmat2112@entouch.net. I would love to keep in touch so we can compare notes. Thanks for contacting me.

Denise

Hello denisem

I live in Houston too. Let's keep in touch my personnal e-mail is: charlotte.hypolite@sbcglobal.net

I had my surgery on May 9th in TJ.

Charlotte

Jann

When do you arrive in San Diego, at what time, I arrive at 12:45pm on the 9th. What hotel they put you in.

Denise

I arrive about 9:30, with a fill around 11:00. Are you in the Lucerna? email me at paula_bee@comcast.net

:rolleyes: Hi, I'm Suzanna and I'm getting banded on Friday the 13th!!!!!!

p.s. How do you add that ticker thing - this is my first chat room experience.