JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

Hi Everyone,

I'm Gracey and I'll be getting my band Tuesday June 10th. I'm very nervous. I am actually kicking myself in the butt. I originally planned to obtain the procedure back in December over my Christmas break but later changed my mind due to uncertainty and the "I can do it myself" thought. I keep thinking where I could be if I had started back then. Oh well, cant't wait to see those of you who will be there. I am arriving at the airport on Mon, June 9th at about 9:00am and I'll be leaving Thursday, June 12. I can't wait to see all of you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm brand new here and just confirmed my surgery for June 23rd.....so excited! I'm coming from Los Angeles and am considering taking the train to San Diego. I wonder if I could be met there? Otherwise, I'll take a cab to the airport. I would love to meet up with anyone arriving the same day.

HI there jules626. My best friend and I are both scheduled for June 23rd. We are coming from WAshington State and flying in to San Diego Airport. Hope to meet you. We arrive on the 22nd.

Ok, I have the furthest surgery date out so far, June 19th.

I am excited! We will be staying a couple extra days so I hope I will be feeling up to seeing some of the city. I love playing with photography so I hope to get some good scenic shots in before I come home. I want to come home with some AWESOME photos. So, those of you there before me, if you see any great scenic spots, let me know. The walking around to get the photos should be good for me after the procedure.

Elaine

Hi Elaine, my surgery date is also June 19th! Look forward to meeting you.

Sara,

Where are you flying in from? What time do you get to San Diego? We are taking a flight on Southwest that arrives at 10:15 AM in San Diego. (Yes that means leaving Orlando at 7:25 am.) I am just wondering what airport you are coming from and if we could possibly be on the same flight.

Just banded June 5 (on Dr. ORtiz's birthday!)

Everything went well, the hotel is quite nice and comfortable; the people in Mexico very nice. Got home and weighed myself and "oh no!" I weighed in 4 lbs heavier than pre-op!! What's that about? Am I just retaining fluids? My gut looks bruised and feels swollen but otherwise I'm good. Hungry tho yet a strange "full" feeling that goes up to my neck sort of. I wondered what this would feel like. Best I can describe is like when you just ate too much and are stuffed and not really hungry but the way we are, we could always taste something else, right? So, now it's liquids for 3 weeks. Guess I'll make up some soups tomorrow...Still feel gassy too. Sufina

Hi Everyone,

I'm Gracey and I'll be getting my band Tuesday June 10th. I'm very nervous. I am actually kicking myself in the butt. I originally planned to obtain the procedure back in December over my Christmas break but later changed my mind due to uncertainty and the "I can do it myself" thought. I keep thinking where I could be if I had started back then. Oh well, cant't wait to see those of you who will be there. I am arriving at the airport on Mon, June 9th at about 9:00am and I'll be leaving Thursday, June 12. I can't wait to see all of you.

Hey Gracey, I get in at 12:45 So here's seen you there.

See you there Erin! I am getting banded on Thursday. I wish you well!

Hey itsabouttime! It's cool to see that there are so many other people. There are 4 of us traveling together for the 19th so fromt the post so far there are 6 people having surgery that day...I wonder if there are other??? lol! Looking forward to meeting all of you and sharing new beginnings with all of you!

HI there jules626. My best friend and I are both scheduled for June 23rd. We are coming from WAshington State and flying in to San Diego Airport. Hope to meet you. We arrive on the 22nd.

Hi Yakima-

Looking forward to meeting you and your friend. How exciting to be doing this together! I'm also arriving on the 22nd.....I was told I'd have my pre-op tests and the surgery on the same day. I hope this doesn't mean I'll be waiting around the clinic all day.

My sister is flying in from Portland to come with me...she's looking forward to a mini-vacation!

Keep in touch.

I am getting my second fill on June 16. Hopefully this one will give my some type of restriction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having my surgery june 16. Pre-Ops in the morning and surgery that afternoon. I hope to see you there.

Hey Gracey, I get in at 12:45 So here's seen you there.

You guys were already in the back when I got my fill, so I didn't get to say hi. I am sure that everything went great because you are in great hands.

Sara,

Where are you flying in from? What time do you get to San Diego? We are taking a flight on Southwest that arrives at 10:15 AM in San Diego. (Yes that means leaving Orlando at 7:25 am.) I am just wondering what airport you are coming from and if we could possibly be on the same flight.

I am flying Continental out of Ft Lauderdale. I will arrive around 11am I believe.

I will have my 2nd fill June 23rd. I use a local Bariatric surgeon.

Hello fellow newbies!

Am being banded by Dr. Ortiz June 9th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Hi Jann Jenn here from Ottawa (remember me last one of the day June 9th). How is it going ?? day 5 of Bandster Hell ! Did you catch your plane. LOL

:wacko:

Hi Jann Jenn here from Ottawa (remember me last one of the day June 9th). How is it going ?? day 5 of Bandster Hell ! Did you catch your plane. LOL

Hi Jann, I'm Holly...I was the first one June 9th...How are YOU doing? Bandster Hell??? LOL! I had cream of mushroom soup (Strained, of course)...1/2 cup filled me FULL for 4 hours...tooooo full!!! It's day 7, we get soups AND Slimfast...yippeeeee!!!

Jenn!

How's it going? Oooooh, don't say "Bandster Hell". I said it to Dr. O and he got completely annoyed, walked out of the room and I never saw him again. Apparently it's a sore point!