Nice to meet you all!

Hi! Like others I have been reading this forum for months and finally I am posting. I can't believe how a group of strangers from all over the country can be so supportive of each other and not even have met in person. Your journeys are so inspiring and I truly can relate to all of the emotions that are expressed. I'm excited and terrified. I keep doubting my decision, but then I made contact with Cathy and Evette on the forum and they are WONDERFUL. Just afraid that once again I will fail, but how can I with all of us cheering one another on? I have gotten more caring and support from this group of strangers than I have from my own friends/family. I think because we all know what it is like to be in a body that is just not you. I'm buried and sad and can't wait to emerge. I don't care if I lose 1lb a week...I want to do it safely and have it last. I know I can lose..I just can't keep it off.

My surgery is June 5th and Rene is picking me up June 4th. I'm not sure which hotel I'll be at...I imagine the new one. There is a slight chance I might go alone...but calicat reminds me I won't be alone! If you have the same dates, I look forward to meeting you!

Congratulations to everyone for your weight loss so far!

Christina

Hi! Like others I have been reading this forum for months and finally I am posting. I can't believe how a group of strangers from all over the country can be so supportive of each other and not even have met in person. Your journeys are so inspiring and I truly can relate to all of the emotions that are expressed. I'm excited and terrified. I keep doubting my decision, but then I made contact with Cathy and Evette on the forum and they are WONDERFUL. Just afraid that once again I will fail, but how can I with all of us cheering one another on? I have gotten more caring and support from this group of strangers than I have from my own friends/family. I think because we all know what it is like to be in a body that is just not you. I'm buried and sad and can't wait to emerge. I don't care if I lose 1lb a week...I want to do it safely and have it last. I know I can lose..I just can't keep it off.

My surgery is June 5th and Rene is picking me up June 4th. I'm not sure which hotel I'll be at...I imagine the new one. There is a slight chance I might go alone...but calicat reminds me I won't be alone! If you have the same dates, I look forward to meeting you!

Christina

Hello Christina and Welcome!! I felt just like you when I started this journey, it's normal. You're in good hands at the OCC! If you go alone, don't worry cause I did too. I made friends and went shopping with them the day after surgery and had a super time. We keep in touch and we are having our first fill together on the 29th.

My weight loss has stalled, I'm still losing but it's about 1lb every 2 weeks. I really need that fill! :wacko:

I'm happy with my band and would do it all over again. Your day will be here before you know it!! Best wishes, Darlene

Welcome to the group!!!! I went by myself, but as you said you will not really be alone. I am going back for my first fill with one of my new bandster friends from surgery day.

Welcome, Christina! ><' So glad to have you join us here! You are going to get the BEST support here from all the wonderful ladies and men who have been banded - they all have so much terrific advice to offer! Like you, I have not yet been banded - I am anxiously awaiting my surgery date of May 30! =D> lol. The time will pass by so quickly and before you know it you'll be getting on that plane to head to TJ! You can put your mind at ease because you are making the right decision by getting the lapband with Dr. Ortiz. You will not fail! ;) Good luck on your journey - look forward to a NEW YOU!

So glad you posted! Welcome to the club!! Know that we're always here for you - every step of the way =D>

I can't wait for your surgery date either ><'

Glad you are here!

WELCOME!!

I am so glad you decided to join us. This forum is the best! So much support and information, you will become addicted!! LOL!!

I am scheduled for surgery on June 10th here in Canada.

I wish all the best and please keep us informed as to how you are doing!

Take Care, Cathy

WELCOME!!

I am so glad you decided to join us. This forum is the best! So much support and information, you will become addicted!! LOL!!

I am scheduled for surgery on June 10th here in Canada.

I wish all the best and please keep us informed as to how you are doing!

Take Care, Cathy

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Congratulations on your date. I am being banded on June 2 and I'm staying an extra day so I will be leaving on June 5. Hopefully we will run in to each other while in MX.

Christina

:-h :lb5:

Welcome Christina I am also sort of new to this forum and I am so glad that I have joined we will just miss each other I am scheduled for May 26th... I will also not be telling anyone of my surg.. Too much negitivity and they don't understand being overweight... and the constant scrutiny that comes with it...yet tell you you have such a pretty face (heart warming) enough of that... You will be so happy with your decision 6 years ago I was going to have this done in the states but learned over night that my insurance would no longer cover the surg.. I was devistated I was practacly an inch from getting it done it took me almost a year of pre-op preparing... so here I am finally going to make my dream happpen thanks to my wonderful loveing and understanding s/o who has helped finance me... He means the world to me... would love to hear back bye for now Crissi :cheerleader: yeah for us!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Christina,

Wanted to again say that it was very nice to meet you last weekend. You're a cutie :)

Can't wait until you become a bandster! :)

Christina

If you are here, you will never be alone! This forum is addicting! Welcome!