Let's Plan a Lap Band Forum Get Together!

Vote on Location for 2009 Lap Band Forum Get Together  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see a lap band forum get together held?

• Las Vegas, Nevada (because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!)
    • San Diego, California (because we can invite Drs. Ortiz and Martinez and the rest of the OCC staff
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Denver, Colorado
    • Seattle, Washington

Bandgroupie,

Do we have any word on if the Surgeons or OCC staff is coming? I believe that will make or break the SD location. I have some hot offers for hotels for Vegas...... keep me posted.

Monet

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAP BAND FOR LIFE

Lap Band Forum Get Together

Initial Committee Members:

1. bandgroupie
  2. calicat
  3. Lori (OCC Liason)
  4. Cortaylu (San Diego - accommodations)
  5. The Redhead
  6. Dontondan
  7. Evette
  8. MamaMichelle
  9. Hanna

We need everyone to participate!!!!!!

Motivational Speakers?

1. Maytee (Salon and day spa owner offering tips on skin care, makeup and how to update your look)

Activities?

1. Paula Bee (Scrapbooking ideas for your weight loss journal)

2. Jena (cooking and nutrition)

Informational Speakers?

Dinner ideas?

Themes?

Door Prizes?

Videographer?

Photographer - Mona-Camille

How can I help ???? Hum... I wish I could get through to more future teen bandsters parents!!! Any thoughts on that ?

Jenn,

Chances are if a parent has had lap band surgery, they probably have a son or daughter that might be in need.

So, definitely, I think your talking about you and Cassie's experience and how much it has changed Cassie's life, etc. would be great!

How can I help ???? Hum... I wish I could get through to more future teen bandsters parents!!! Any thoughts on that ?

While I got my fill on Saturday, I told Dr. Romero about our get together idea in SD and he thought it sounded fun - but we need to coordinate any/all info thru maybe Lori - see if she can be our liason. Should we set a tenative weekend date to get the ball rolling??

February 09?

March 09?

April 09?

Any suggestions? Find a holiday weekend?

I like Band Camp 2009. I vote YES.

Last night on Live Chat I suggested calling our weekend "Band Camp 2009" kind of a fun name... Feedback??

Does anyone else have any ideas on what to call it?

Last night on Live Chat I suggested calling our weekend "Band Camp 2009" kind of a fun name... Feedback??

Does anyone else have any ideas on what to call it?

One summer, at Band Camp..... Great idea!! I vote Band Camp 2009. I have to start saving money for this adventure at Band Camp! :P

Oh wow! I am so excited for something like this to look forward to! I would love to go to Las Vegas because it is such a happening town and I have never been there except on a family vacation when I was 16! Yeah, no gambling, no fun and it was like 107degrees! UGH! I really think it would be a really huge success. Plus, I was thinking about the Drs. and staff being busy because of surgeries and all. Not sure when the busiest time of year it is for them but I guess whatever can be planned would be totally fun!

Now just to plan now and get a 3rd fill and lose a bunch more weigh and so on and etc. LOL

Thanks so much everyone for working on getting bandsters together. ;)

Peace,

Judy

I just got banded on the 22nd and would LOVE for a band camp!! =D> I noticed on the list of things you needed for the camp and saw you wanted to have a spa come to talk about skin care. I would be more than glad to do that part. I am a consultant for BeautiControl and I talk about Skincare products and how to reduce stress, and care for our body. I'll be more than glad to do that! Let me know if that interests you all.

I live in DC so none of the choices are close to me, but I am hoping it's Vegas. I think it'd be fun to go to Vegas!!!

As for a date I would like to suggest Saturday February 14-16, 2009 because it is also Presidents Day weekend (on 16th Monday, federal holiday most people get day off) which would give us all an opportunity to express our L :heart: about our band experience and spend time with the ones we love (mini-vacation) Also, great shopping weekend because there are always alot of sales happening. I also like the fact that it is leaning towards San Diego because we can also make Band camp and get a fill all in one, kinda get two things for the price of one flight :D Or for those newly banded, they can meet up with veterans and others before they head home. These are my thoughts, I love the name- good job Michelle =D>

I'm loving Vegas, Band Camp 2009, and a later spring date - like March or April. I do like the idea of combining w/ a holiday, but I'm guessing most people will want to spend Feb. 14th with their "significant other"...not that you guys aren't significant!! You know what I mean! ><'

I have a bachelors in Pyschology and am working on a masters in counseling and would be happy to do a short presentation on psychosomatic factors, body image, realiting with others as bodies change, or whatever. Just let me know if I can be useful.

I'm excited guys - I think this will be so fun!!! =D>

Ok, so since we are making our request known, I am voting for somewhere between March 13-22 (I'm on spring break) or sometime after May 9th (graduation). Just putting it out there!

Anytime in Springtime would be wonderful, but has to be the third week or last week of the month please. ;) Before that I am needed to be chained to my desk at work for monthly reports, etc. LOL

Thanks and hope to hear the verdict soon so I can start savin'! Getting excited! :DB)

Peace and hugs to all!

Judy

Okay all of you....I haven't even got banded yet, and I'm already excited for Band Camp!! I vote for Vegas...but could do San Diego if that's where it ended up being. I'm getting banded at the OCC on July 9th. It's coming soon....and I'll officially be a bandster! I would love to meet some of you, so the get-together sounds like fun.

Vicki =D>

I have lived in both San Diego and Las Vegas so both have special meaning to me; I like some of the topics suggested by MMichelle (esp. role of med. mgt post wls); I think Vegas would be a good place to meet (as long as it's not in the dead heat of summer) with a combo of structure and social get togethers and down time. Could this be a tax write off? Maybe invite authors of books on wls; other "alumni" folks etc. that's my input. thanks, Sufina in Portland

YIKES, the poll is getting very tight!!!!! Vegas may win.

And if it does, I'm SURE it's because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!!

I prefer Las Vegas too, but would consider San Diego as well. It may be cheaper to get to Las Vegas, but once you're there....it's really not cheap (for me anyway). You can always find me at the blackjack table!

This is a HARD question!! On the one hand you have VEGAS... come on now...who wouldn't enjoy that? On the other hand, San Diego is more logical if Dr. Ortiz can come.

Has anyone spoke with OCC to see if that would even be an option? If he cannot attend we should do it in Vegas.

I vote for Feb or May.. but May just sounds too far away! ;-)

As for a date I would like to suggest Saturday February 14-16, 2009 because it is also Presidents Day weekend (on 16th Monday, federal holiday most people get day off) which would give us all an opportunity to express our L :heart: about our band experience and spend time with the ones we love (mini-vacation) Also, great shopping weekend because there are always alot of sales happening. I also like the fact that it is leaning towards San Diego because we can also make Band camp and get a fill all in one, kinda get two things for the price of one flight :D Or for those newly banded, they can meet up with veterans and others before they head home. These are my thoughts, I love the name- good job Michelle =D>

I'm glad San Diego is winning and I still vote for February :D How about we start a poll of what month next year? If it turns out February, we REALLY need to start planning. Such as venues, logistics, speakers, invites... etc... we need a committee or planning coordinator. Anyone?

Also, I call for ending the city location polls on July 10th, which has been open for two months at that time. I would suggest wrapping that up and moving on with the rest of the planning because this being our first annual event will take up some time coordinating and communicating with everyone.

I'm glad San Diego is winning and I still vote for February :D How about we start a poll of what month next year? If it turns out February, we REALLY need to start planning. Such as venues, logistics, speakers, invites... etc... we need a committee or planning coordinator. Anyone?

Also, I call for ending the city location polls on July 10th, which has been open for two months at that time. I would suggest wrapping that up and moving on with the rest of the planning because this being our first annual event will take up some time coordinating and communicating with everyone.

I think February is a good month...

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting banded in Sept, I vote for San Diego. It would be easier for me to get there, plus I can't stand the heat of Vegas yikes!

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting banded in Sept, I vote for San Diego. It would be easier for me to get there, plus I can't stand the heat of Vegas yikes!

Just remember, Las Vegas is COLD in February... San Diego is nice pretty much year round.

I work for a self-help book publishing company. We are actually moving one of our conferences from Las Vegas to San Diego next year because like someone else said, getting to vegas is the cheap part. Everything else is what's expensive, plus San Diego has so much to offer. Also meeting space in San Diego is half the price of Vegas...

Maybe I'm pushing for San Diego because there are 4 of us (2 banded 7/2/08 & 2 getting banded 8/14/08), but lets face it, San Diego is REALLY nice and it would be great to see the doctors there.

My 2 cents...