Just getting Started anyone in the Vancouver Washington area?

Im just getting started here. I DO KNOW that I want to do this. I just don't want to do it by myself. I think that I would be go to Mexico. I can't think of going and not knowing a soul. I hear that you meet people and you just become like a family but it would be nice to know someone befor you go. I am in the Vancouver Washington area and have not come across anyone in my area that is in the same place in there life that I am. That is sick of being so unhappy with myself and really ready to make a change!!!

Thanks for any thoughts..

Janell

I live in Hoquiam Washington. I will be having the surgery on 5/28/08. I am only a couple of hours from you.

Caroline,

Are you going by yourself?

Janell

I live in Lacey. I'm married, but chose to go it solo - Hubby dropped me off at Sea-Tac and away I went. Out of 8 of us...4 were doing it by ourselves. And I woudl do it again in a heartbeat at OCC!! Is that where you're considering going? Feel free to email me or ask me anything...my surgery was 4/4/08. I wrote about my experience in patient testimonials (it's kinda long). You'll be fine by yourself if you do it at OCC - I can't speak for anywhere else though. And yes, for me, getting over going to TJ was the hardest part. But as I've said before, I would have flown to whatever remote part of the world Dr. Ortiz was working!

And if you want family - come here to the forum often. We ALL know what you're going thru, and someone else, is going thru it just like you. Once you get your surgery date, announce it on here, and maybe you'll meet someone who has the same day, or day after. You can chit chat weeks before the surgery, go thru all your feelings together, and then you'll have someone there during your experience. Out of 8 of us - only 2 of us went online - the others did not use the forum at all. But we all made friends while we were there!

I am also choosing to go by myself to TJ for my surgery. I am a little nervous (okay okay - A LOT nervous :blink: ), but coming to this forum and reading all of the amazing experiences has put my mind at ease (as much as it can be). I know that even though I am traveling alone, I will not be alone in the experience. There will be people there from this forum that I can talk to and it will be like I already know them, and the staff at OCC, I know without a doubt, will make me feel safe and comfortable. ^_^ I am taking the time away for myself and am looking at it as a mini personal retreat - a few days for me to get away and do something WONDERFUL for myself. I am so excited!

Hi,

I did call today and set a date June 27th. I think I will be going by myself my husband cant get off work. I'm ok going by myself after reading all of the wounderful things that people have to say about OCC. I did find out that Dr. Ortiz will not be there the day of my surgery and so Dr. Martinez will be preforming my surgery. I guess thats ok. I have not heard anything bad about him.

Thanks for the chat...

Janell[/font] :rolleyes: [/font]

I met Dr. Martinez in the surgery room! He's quite handsome, and Dr. Ortiz's right hand man. He's very skilled as well.

Good job on setting your date - that's the first step!!!

If you need anything before then - all of us are here to help you out ><'

Hi Caroline,

Janell here from Vancouver.

Well I called today and I will be at OCC on the 26th and Surgery on the 27th. What day are you coming in to Mexico on? Are you flying out of Seatle?

Hi,

I did call today and set a date June 27th. I think I will be going by myself my husband cant get off work. I'm ok going by myself after reading all of the wounderful things that people have to say about OCC. I did find out that Dr. Ortiz will not be there the day of my surgery and so Dr. Martinez will be preforming my surgery. I guess thats ok. I have not heard anything bad about him.

Thanks for the chat...

Janell[/font] :rolleyes: [/font]

You will be in great hands !! Dr. Martinez is awesome :D Nothing to worry about :lb11:

Hi Nellie,

I am a few hours away in Bremerton, WA. You are in very good hands with OCC. I had my surgery in December and am down 50 pounds so far. I had one of my kids go down with me, but it would have been no problem going it alone. I met a lot of really nice people there and you are off to a great start on the forum here. Welcome to the group!

HI NELLIE,

ANOTHER WA STATE HERE, AUBURN.

I WAS BANDED AUG 2006. I WENT DOWN WITH A FRIEND THAT WAS BANDED ALSO. IN NOV OF 07 MY SISSY FROM TACOMA, WA WENT DOWN BY HERSELF. SHE KEPT ASKING "ARE YA SURE IT'LL BE OK" LOL IF FOR ONE MINUTE I WOULD'VE THOUGHT SHE'D HAVE A PROBLEM, I WOULDN'T HAVE SENT HER DOWN THERE ALONE.

YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

Hi Caroline,

Janell here from Vancouver.

Well I called today and I will be at OCC on the 26th and Surgery on the 27th. What day are you coming in to Mexico on? Are you flying out of Seatle?

Hi Jenell,

We are flying out of Seatac on May 27th on United. Our surgeries are in the 28th. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Jenell,

We are flying out of Seatac on May 27th on United. Our surgeries are in the 28th. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Well Caroline Im in June so you are a month ahead of me. You will have to let me know how it gos for you.. Janell

Im just getting started here. I DO KNOW that I want to do this. I just don't want to do it by myself. I think that I would be go to Mexico. I can't think of going and not knowing a soul. I hear that you meet people and you just become like a family but it would be nice to know someone befor you go. I am in the Vancouver Washington area and have not come across anyone in my area that is in the same place in there life that I am. That is sick of being so unhappy with myself and really ready to make a change!!!

Thanks for any thoughts..

Janell

Hi Janell,

There are several of us in the Portland/Vancouver area. I will be banded on Friday and am going by myself. I am a little nervous, but very confident in the surgeon. :wacko: (I also used to be a surgical nurse.) Please feel free to ask questions and I will let you know how it goes.

Audrey

Hi Janell,

There are several of us in the Portland/Vancouver area. I will be banded on Friday and am going by myself. I am a little nervous, but very confident in the surgeon. :wacko: (I also used to be a surgical nurse.) Please feel free to ask questions and I will let you know how it goes.

Audrey

Thanks Audrey.

I hope everything goes well for you I will be looking for an update...

Janell :-h

Hello all. My name is Jayme and I am scheduled for my band on May 28th with Caroline. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and am getting really nervous. I think starting the diet is making it feel real, like I'm really doing this. Sending my paperwork and doing the research just felt like going through the motions but the diet effects me, it's not going through the motions at all. It makes me even more nervous when I read posts about people who have had horrible experiences. I keep trying to tell myself that the people who have slipped bands and bad experiences are few and far between and that I have nothing to worry about...but then I can't help but worry some. What if I am one of those unfortunate souls who has a major issue?!?

Is it really easy to slip a band?? OCC says it's only 1.5% but it seems like I hear about it a lot. Do you really have to not follow the rules to slip your band? Anyway, I am hoping to get a little advice from some folks who were nervous as well and how it worked out for them. I know this is the right decision for me but I am a little scared. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks!!

By the way...I can't figure out this damn site. I tried post a picture and get my weightloss ticker going and I can't get anything to work. I would be extreamly greatful for any advice on that as well!!