Lucerna's Rooms

Hello all.  I have a question about the hotel. First of all, what are the rooms like?  Are they your standard hotel room?  Second, do they have a microwave and minifridge?  I am bringing my husband and child and my daughter is still in the bottle stage.  I am concerned about how to heat her formula and rice cereal, etc.  Thank you in advance to all who respond!!

The rooms at the Lucerna are pretty standard, like what you would find at a Holiday Inn... Nicer than a Motel 6 but not quite as nice as a Marriott or Hilton. The rooms nothing fancy and sadly there is no mini-fridge or microwave.

I did notice last time I was there they had room rates posted for Suites and Jr. Suites so it's possible that those upgraded rooms have what you need, it would cost more but if it's that important I'm sure your coordinator could get you a price estimate on how much more one of those rooms would be..

If you do stick with the basic room there is a coffe pot so you could warm the bottles in the pot of hot water, and for the rice cereal you could run some of the bottled water they provide through the coffee pot and mix a little hot water with room temp bottled water so the cereal would be warm...

Sorry I can't be of more help!!

The rooms at the Lucerna are pretty standard, like what you would find at a Holiday Inn... Nicer than a Motel 6 but not quite as nice as a Marriott or Hilton. The rooms nothing fancy and sadly there is no mini-fridge or microwave.

I did notice last time I was there they had room rates posted for Suites and Jr. Suites so it's possible that those upgraded rooms have what you need, it would cost more but if it's that important I'm sure your coordinator could get you a price estimate on how much more one of those rooms would be..

If you do stick with the basic room there is a coffe pot so you could warm the bottles in the pot of hot water, and for the rice cereal you could run some of the bottled water they provide through the coffee pot and mix a little hot water with room temp bottled water so the cereal would be warm...

Sorry I can't be of more help!!

Michelle,

You helped a lot. Again, thank you for responding!!

Michelle hit it pretty solid. Across the street is a quick service store with drinks and limited food items, like we would find at a convenience store. Across a different street is Domino's. I found the best times sitting by the pool with others who were going to be banded (or had just been banded). I met several of those who post in here by the pool, and formed good friendships.

I found the TV to be quite an experience. There are a couple of channels in English, but most are in spanish. Have any of you ever watched Spongebob Squarepants in Spanish?? I was laughing my backside off. I understood about every third word, but the experience was once-in-a-lifetime.

That is soooo freaking funny that you mentioned spongebob.. My Hubby and I were ROLLING as well. I wanted to see how they laughed to see if it compared... UHHH, nothing like the real thing eh!! Patrick's laugh was sooo not the same! :D

Every show was like a Godzilla movie or a Japanese Kung Fu movie, where the mouths moved, but the words and voices didnt match. Here is macho Clint Eastwood, and he is talking almost in falsetto... "continue, haga mi dia". It sounded more like Miss Piggy. Oooooooo I was scared.

There is NO other laugh like Patrick's ANYWHERE. :D