10,000 steps!!!??

Okay folks, I'm trying my dangest to get my 10,000 steps a day and I'm lucky if I hit 6,000. I walked my son to the grocery store and back and walked everywhere but still can't reach my mark... am I the only one here with that problem?? :lb12:

Oops, I forgot about the 10,000 steps. I have been walking but it can be a little uncomfortable as I can't walk very fast. I might try going to the gym tomorrow and walking on the treadmill.

Of course I have been lucky and did not have any gas trapped or I would be walking more.

Oops, I forgot about the 10,000 steps. I have been walking but it can be a little uncomfortable as I can't walk very fast. I might try going to the gym tomorrow and walking on the treadmill.

Of course I have been lucky and did not have any gas trapped or I would be walking more.

What is the about walking 10,000 steps? Is that after surgery? Either way, I would think a treadmill would do the trick. :rolleyes:

I have been trying to do 10,000 steps a day for about the last year. I do part of it on the treadmill. You would be surprised at how far 10,000 steps is. For me it is about 6 miles in a day to make the 10,000 steps.

I don't make it every day, actually I only make it about half the days of the week.

Good Luck!

I have been doing the 10,000 steps a day thing for about 2 1/2 months- it was very hard at first (I have a sit down job :( ). I would have to do 1 hour on the treadmill at 4-5 miles per hour and at 5 I was definitely jogging, but I have found a way to beat it. I joined a step class at the gym, which I follow up with a body pump class and I get in 8,000 steps alone just in the step class, not to mention I burn 560 - 600 hundred calories also (I purchased a bodybugg so that I would know exactly how many steps and calories I was burning). One night I had not hit my 10,000 mark (I skipped the gym) so you should have seen me walking around my living room and bedroom at 10 pm.... Stick with it you'll get it! Good Luck